Options

Group lineup change right or wrong?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Fans of The Fall have learned not to get too attached to certain members! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Fall_members
    There's even a book where the author tries to track all the ex-members (up to then) down, with varying degrees of success. I think the line-up changes work in this case though, keep it fairly fresh.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it all depends how much it changes the sound of the band. As I said, Ace of Base now sound completely unrecognisable.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on the member(s) replaced.
    Some are irreplaceable. Others aren't.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not that much of a Sugababes fan anymore. I used to love listening to their songs, but the stuff they've had out since their Greatest Hits CD has been less than great.

They ruined the song 'Girls'. For me the two line-up changes have been too much. I don't class them as being Sugababes anymore. I'm glad the original line-up have got back together, so I will probably folow them more.

I think it's time the current Sugababes line-up brought out a 'Best Of' album, then called it a day. They are passed their sell by date.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest one in music history... Mick Taylor leaving The Rolling Stones.

Only have to look at the albums that were out with him in there. Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street. Early 70s they sounded incredible and they never managed to sound the same after he left.

And who did they replace him with? Ronnie flippin' Wood.

Brian Jones aswell. Personally, can't help but feel that anyone who came to overshadow or be a threat to Keith or Micks spotlight... they would probably be driven out the band.
  • Options
    Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some good ones coming out now. keep them coming. Wonder how many groups have changed the line up?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Reel Big Fish have had 19 members. Aaron Barrett is the only original member.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Reel Big Fish have had 19 members. Aaron Barrett is the only original member.

Hawkwind have had 38. Dave Brock the only original.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    On the whole, I think its OK for bands to change their line-ups a bit... if they didn't, most of my favourite bands would have split up years ago - some even before I got into them! Every case is different though, and I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. If a group can still sell out gigs and shift records without an original band member, that suggests that there are plenty of people who are happy for them to continue! :)