Happy Days: True Entertainment Mon 16th 10am

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Happy Days is being show from the start on True Entertainment.

Comments

• hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I love this show. Do you think it will be uncut with original music?
  • SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance of them getting past Season 6? Don't think 5USA ever did when they showed it.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SgtRock wrote: »
    Any chance of them getting past Season 6? Don't think 5USA ever did when they showed it.

They eventually showed the whole of MASH so there is hope they may show most of Happy Days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »

I'm not sure if they show MASH uncut but they'll probably do the same with Happy Days as they do with MASH.
    Forum Member
    It should be good. I'm a really big fan of the music too and the original theme song by Pratt and Mclain, when the third season started and they started using the theme most people know they changed the lyrics and on the first 2 seasons, the version they use on the end credits has always sounded great to me and contains different vocals and instrumentation, the first season sounding slightly more gritty. It's a shame they never did proper soundtrack releases for any of the series because it would have been nice to own it all and I know when it comes to incidental music it's a very rare thing for studios to release music suites but there's so many different variations of the main theme and little dittys they recorded to send them to the ad breaks that I would have gladly paid the money if they would release it all.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »

Do you suppose it was sold with the rights to it? Probably not.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if they show MASH uncut but they'll probably do the same with Happy Days as they do with MASH.

MASH isn't dependent (or filled with) music the same way Happy Days is.

With all of the media company buys and sells since the days these shows were broadcast, it's got to be a real mess working out who retained rights to what (or has easy corporate relationships to the original rights holders of the music).
    Forum Member
    I know for Happy Days, only season 1 is uncut and unchanged, the rest have various changes made but that's because back then there was no such thing as home videos for TV shows and movies and many companies didn't want their shows being available on video so the contracts never included such clauses, the contracts only talk about the television rights, not home video and thus many shows still get shown in syndication without any edits being made or unless the channel showing it decides they want to make changes.
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful! The first 10 episodes will be shown this coming week, 2 episodes per weekday at both 10am and 5pm,
    Forum Member
    I can't wait!
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Completely forgot about Chuck. Poor fella.
    Forum Member
    They don't make 'em like this anymore.
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's episodes were the first ones from Season 2, The theme tune has changed from "Rock around the clock" to the well known Happy Days theme tune written by Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox. Richie's elder brother Chuck has acquired a different face, i.e. he is played by a different actor. I am enjoying watching this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what is happening but the EPG has

'HAPPY DAYS SEASON 1' rather than just 'Happy Days'

and it seems to be in wide screen (although probably pan and scan) rather than 4:3
    Forum Member
    I love the original version of the Happy Days theme sung by Jim Haas. We only get to hear it in the credits of Season 1 and Season 2 although the one at the end credits of Season 2 seem a lot more cleaned up. I prefer the Season 1 end credits version. Jim Haas was a session singer. I don't believe his version has ever been fully released.

Do you think if I contacted them they would release it or who would I even contact? I don't know if Jim Haas has any contacts himself.