Options

Anyone else think Matt Smith's performance was Troughtonesque???

WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Especially the jump reminded me of Troughton in the invasion but also some of the hand mannerisms. Just my opinion but he certainly seemed more alien than Tennant's doctor did or for that matter Peter Davison's (who was of a similar age). I can't wait for the next series

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, just a hint of troughton about him, which can only be a good thing!:)
  • Options
    Brian2005Brian2005 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    For me it had a hint of a certain Mr T Bakers doctor...to early to say though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I think Troughton is Stephen Moffat's favourite doctor
  • Options
    WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian2005 wrote: »
    For me it had a hint of a certain Mr T Bakers doctor...to early to say though!

Yeah it is definitely too early to say. I think Tennant was a mix of 4 and 5, whereas Ecclestone was a mix of 1 and 7, so i really hope we get some Troughton in there this time, but you really can't tell in 30 seconds
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats exactly who i thought of, Troughton, im so looking forward to Spring
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I too think it's very Troughtonesque. Not only is those few seconds last night, but in his cotume (upper part "cleaned up Troughton" and bottom half "the Troughton scruffy git"). And in some interview (Radio Times?) Stephen Moffat says Matt's Doctor is "quiet, very quiet" which is also reminiscent of Troughton.

I still see him dressed as Jimmy Olsen from the George Reeves era of Superman.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    For all that MS is the youngest Doctor so far I think he has one of those faces that can look older at times, and when combined the with mannerisms and dress and the fact that most of the last few Doctors have been relatively young compared to the first few I think before long I'll forget he's a comparative whippersnapper. :D
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think so at the time, but now you mention it - and watching the series 5 trailer - I would say, yes - there is certainly an element of Troughton about his performance.