✭✭✭
Breaking news on BBC.

Bit of a shock - only 69 too.

RIP, Trigger.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad, and just as Only Fools and Horses is about to come back, a great funny actor, he will be missed.
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was fab in OFAH. I remember being completely surprised when he turned up in the Interview With A Vampire film. Much more to him than Trigger, although obviously that's what he'll be remember for. A great actor
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Breaking news on BBC.

Bit of a shock - only 69 too.

RIP, Trigger.

That is very sad news. He was brilliant as Owen in Vicar of Dibley. How tragic that we'll never see him on screen again.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was great in whatever he was appearing in, but will always be remembered as Trigger.

RIP Roger
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad shocking news . I didn't even know he had been ill to be honest . Some friends of ours own a holiday let and they had the pleasure of his company a few years ago for a week.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember him from OFAH. I thought he was a fine comedy actor in the Vicar of Dibley.
  • petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    So Sad, he was a great actor not just in Only Fools but in Vicar of Dibley and Doctor Who in the Age of Steel, RIP Roger you will be sadly missed.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am shocked over this one. Had a real soft spot for him. Fantastic comedy actor. So sad.
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, what a shame as he was a brilliant actor, but was quite happy to be in a supporting role. Next door neighbours had her father living there in his last years and he had the same voice as RLP - every time I went past, I would hear "All right, Dave".

RLP was very good as David Irving in that drama about the Hitler Diaries and it must take a lot of talent and courage to play such controversial people.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocked, to be honest.

Very sad news.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've known people die of pancreatic cancer and it really is one of the worst ways to go.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I've known people die of pancreatic cancer and it really is one of the worst ways to go.

Mercifully, it can be one of the quickest.

Loved Trigger, and wouldn't it be nice to see his '20 yr old' broom auctioned for Cancer Research.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute legend, Trigger is one of my favourite characters of all time

RIP
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news.
    RIP Roger.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow, can't believe this news, really shocked :(

RIP Roger aka Trigger
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Oh God what a shock, I'd no idea he'd been unwell.

He was fabulous as both Trigger in OFAH and Owen in Vicar of Dibley, and also a tremendous campaigner for social justice. He'll be missed, that's for sure.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news. Roger did not have many words to say in OFAH but his look and the way he delivered them produced alot of the belly laughs. A simply great sitcom character creation in the greatest UK sitcom imo. At its peak a true national treasure.

RIP Roger-thanks for the many many laughs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is extremely sad news. Roger was great as Trigger and many other roles I saw him play, but it was his role as Owen Newitt in The Vicar Of Dibley that he gave me the most laughs.

RIP Roger.
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes extremely sad news, I'll be watching an episode of OFAH or two tonight in tribute.

RIP Roger, so glad to have lived in a time of great comedies that allowed such wonderful actors to excel in their craft.

Play it cool Trig, play it cool.....
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is very sad news and a real blow to his fans and Only Fools fans alike. Roger would have turned 70 in February.

It's hard to see Only Fools without Trigger. The cast is going to be much-diminished now.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Such sad news. Loved him in Only Fools and Horses and The Vicar of Dibley, but also thought he was an excellent villain in Doctor Who.

Trigger was a real character, one of the best! Will never be forgotten.

R.I.P Roger Lloyd Pack, aka "Trigger"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sad to hear this - he was a fine actor, in both funny and straight roles; a big loss, but he'll be fondly remembered.
  • Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Very sad news. Roger did not have many words to say in OFAH but his look and the way he delivered them produced alot of the belly laughs. A simply great sitcom character creation in the greatest UK sitcom imo. At its peak a true national treasure.

RIP Roger-thanks for the many many laughs.

In terms of screen time, Trigger may well go down as the funniest character ever. I can't remember a scene in OFAH including Trigger that didn't have me in bits afterwards.

If they were thinking of doing another few episodes, they might as well forget it now.
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he certainly added to the famous bar scene by the way he looked round after Del fell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he certainly added to the famous bar scene by the way he looked round after Del fell.
    He was the one who made the scene funny for me - it wasn't the fall that made me laugh but Trigger's reaction afterwards.