Simon's plan Good cop=Cheryl Cole, Bad cop: Mel B

BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mel B is a perfect choice to serve Simon's goal in protecting and keeping Cheryl on a pedestal.

What other explanation would there be for getting rid of Nicole?
She would have out shone Cheryl with her 'shamazing':D personality and talent. So she had to go. Step forward another female judge that will not threaten Cheryl's pedestal and princess status.

Cheryl is
1. Younger,
2. less threatening than 'scary' mel b
3. Prettier (unlike if Nicole was there, she'll always win the hair battles)
4. On this one occasion, quite possibly a better singer

It's win, win for Cheryl. I might even go out on a limb and say that not only might she have insisted that Nicole goes but he may well have suggested Mel B.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole Cheryl vs Mel thing is how I imagine the press to play it out. Even though there's no rivalry there atm, No one can actually say until anyone has seen working together. They do seem different from each other, but who knows they might get on great. It might be C&M vs Simon.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling both won't acknowledge each other's existence, but you have a good theory and also another reason for no Alesha (wonder how Reem is going to react lol) as she's pretty and nice, it seems Simon wants to make Cheryl the UK version of Britney. (The sexy chick who can't sing but sell records and perform)

I think it'll be entertaining to see Mel B vs Louis
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how Mel and Cheryl will get on. It could go either way tbh, I don't think they'll hate each other (Sharon/Dannii level) but there will probably be friction.

Or it could go the other way and they'll be all "girl power" and "don't put us against each other" (Amanda/Alesha on BGT)
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B is very very good friends with Nadine Coyle. This'll be interesting.
    Forum Member

True :o Forgot about this
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Mel enjoys the villain role, there is no doubt she will be this year's baddie.

Hopefully Mel and Cheryl will talk to eachother. Nicole and Sharon actually getting on last year was a breath of fresh air after Sharon/Dannii's feud, Dannii/Cheryl ignoring eachother and Tulisa/Kelly's feud
  • gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Mel follows Cheryl on twitter
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Mel enjoys the villain role, there is no doubt she will be this year's baddie.

Hopefully Mel and Cheryl will talk to eachother. Nicole and Sharon actually getting on last year was a breath of fresh air after Sharon/Dannii's feud, Dannii/Cheryl ignoring eachother and Tulisa/Kelly's feud

BIB - Agree with that. There were a lot of people on here who were predicting that Sharon would be mean to Nicole, yet they got on like a house on fire.

Nicole was photographed with Kelly O this week - so she must still be on good terms with Mrs O ;-)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QqQIoADAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-2653726%2FNicole-Scherzinger-parties-pal-Kelly-Osbourne-open-checked-shirt-skinnies-Dionne-Warwick-gig.html&ei=wauXU7HiD8LAPL3OgagG&usg=AFQjCNFI1qHpAeaSThDbDXIz6eMB-s4Nwg&sig2=HD1YN5nJ2MmPwutz3HqSsQ&bvm=bv.68693194,d.ZWU
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii and Cheryl never ignored each other, they were edited to make it look that way.

Most times you can see them interacting and talking, but the camera quickly panned away.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii and Cheryl never ignored each other, they were edited to make it look that way.

Most times you can see them interacting and talking, but the camera quickly panned away.

Yes! producers think we want to see women not getting on. I'd rather see them interacting myself.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem Mel B is on the panel to stir things. (producers hoping). I hope Mel and Cheryl get on. XFactor gets ruined when their is a tension on the panel. I hated the Tulisa and Kelly tension. I enjoyed last years panel for that reason.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    It does seem Mel B is on the panel to stir things. (producers hoping). I hope Mel and Cheryl get on. XFactor gets ruined when their is a tension on the panel. I hated the Tulisa and Kelly tension. I enjoyed last years panel for that reason.

I don't think they will be best of friends but even if they are my point about 'Simon's plan' is separate to that.
    They could get on like a house of fire but when it comes to their role as 'judges' I still think that Mel B being the bad cop was designed to protect and uplift Cheryl and consolidate this nations sweetheart/judge image.

Mel B is a ruse for this. She needs to be careful. The promo picture of the judges with Simon's arm around Cheryl and Louis and Mel B in the back, speaks volumes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Bluestone wrote: »
    I don't think they will be best of friends but even if they are my point about 'Simon's plan' is separate to that.
    They could get on like a house of fire but when it comes to their role as 'judges' I still think that Mel B being the bad cop was designed to protect and uplift Cheryl and consolidate this nations sweetheart/judge image.

Mel B is a ruse for this. She needs to be careful. The promo picture of the judges with Simon's arm around Cheryl and Louis and Mel B in the back, speaks volumes.

It isn't a proper photo, it's three photos photoshopped together. Mel's is from the 2012 Manchester auditions, Simon and Cheryl from earlier this year when they had a press conference on their return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    It isn't a proper photo, it's three photos photoshopped together. Mel's is from the 2012 Manchester auditions, Simon and Cheryl from earlier this year when they had a press conference on their return.

Oh, LOL! :blush: Thanks for that, but still I think who ever put it together addresses a valid point and perception.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or maybe there isn't any 'plan' by Simon? :confused:

I think this may be a conspiracy theory gone mad tbh ;-)
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member

brill :D:D:D
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member

there will always be a plan where simon is concerned, i just dont get what he sees in cheryl and why is she still calling herself cole when shes divorced from ashley :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is your view on why Nicole was not kept on for a Louis Cheryl Nicole and Simon panel. (Working on the basis that Nicole was up for another season -as I believe she was)?
    Forum Member

There was no way Sharon was going to return last year and dislike Nicole. She's known her from years ago, plus it wouldn't look good on Sharon if she didn't get on with her fellow female judge again.

I agree with what others have said, Cheryl & Dannii got on well, they praised each other in the press, were often seen talking and Dannii even went to Cheryl's birthday, plus Dannii was the second or third person Cheryl followed on twitter.

The press however, seemed determined to make it this huge rivalry. In 2008, Cheryl was the golden girl and could do no wrong so Dannii was the bad one. Then fast forward two years and there was so much controversy surrounding Cheryl, that Dannii was the one who could do no wrong and was very much the golden girl of 2010 and left on such a high.

I personally like it when female judges get on, but the press seem determined to pit female X Factor judges against each other. It's boring.
    Forum Member
    What is your view on why Nicole was not kept on for a Louis Cheryl Nicole and Simon panel. (Working on the basis that Nicole was up for another season -as I believe she was)?

Cheryl isn't a fan of Nicole. She didn't have the nicest things to say about her in her autobiography and describes her as very ambitious after the whole XF USA mess. I think this is basically the reason Nicole isn't back.
    Simon even admitted he wouldn't have Cheryl next to someone she hates (I believe this was one of the terms of her coming back) so Nicole was gone. That's what is making me think Cheryl & Mel might put this girl power front on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

I don't think there was ever a plan for Nicole to come back this year. It was reported that they've known Simon would be coming back since last July. I think Cheryl has been in talks for much longer than we've been led to believe, and I suspect the intention for this year was to keep Sharon, and having a Simon, Cheryl, Sharon and Louis panel. In many ways, that is the 'ultimate' X Factor panel. Last year was just paving the way for all of that.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sharon and Nicole always got on she even invited her to Judges Houses one year in America as she said she was a neighbour of hers.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    there will always be a plan where simon is concerned, i just dont get what he sees in cheryl and why is she still calling herself cole when shes divorced from ashley :confused:

Apparently I read somewhere she uses the name Cole because that is the name that made her famous and not Tweedy. I also don't see what the fuss is about her and also went back on her word saying she would never work as a judge for X-Factor and here she is back on our screens in August.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

there is no way Cheryl would have been on a panel with Nicole.Nicole is a great singer and is so beautiful she would totally outshine Cheryl and also Cheryl was kicked off XF USA and Nicole replaced her,I am sure she wasn't happy about that.