Adele on twitter hinting at new album 25 later this year?

WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Adele has tweeted this evening 'bye bye 25... See you again later in the year'. Strong hint at a new album release?

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I just saw it. See you later this year? Didn't think she would stick with that theme for this album but it is kind of her thing now.
  • felixw1felixw1 Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    so excited for this
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Been waiting for this ))))))
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until I get confirmation I ain't getting excited. There have been loads of hints at various times with nothing solid or concrete.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    What I like about Adele is that she always puts lots of thought into her album titles.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like how she uses her age in the titles. Its her thing now and as each album is a chapter of her life it makes sense she continues to use this. Its unique to her.
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with that Hit Em Up Style!

And bring that album on, its definitely time for Adele to dazzle us again.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still using numbers? Getting boring now.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is 26 today so the Bye Bye 25 was her saying goodbye to being 25
    I would of thought her album would of been titled 24 as that was the year when she settled down with her boyfriend and had her baby.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Could just do with another RITD right now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is 26 today so the Bye Bye 25 was her saying goodbye to being 25
    I would of thought her album would of been titled 24 as that was the year when she settled down with her boyfriend and had her baby.

Yes but she has said ''see you again later in the year'' so I think that pretty much confirms the title as 25.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but she has said ''see you again later in the year'' so I think that pretty much confirms the title as 25.

I don't think it does confirm it. Just confirms we will be hearing from her later in the year. Have to wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''See You Again Later In The Year'' confirms sod all though. for all we know she could be doing a sponsored swim at her local pool. It could mean and be literally anything :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it reads to me like she is saying see you again (25) later in the year.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    ''See You Again Later In The Year'' confirms sod all though. for all we know she could be doing a sponsored swim at her local pool. It could mean and be literally anything :D.

:D

"Breast-stroking In The Deep"

Her unofficial spokesman, Ryan Tedder, will probably bring out some minor info soon enough.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like how she uses her age in the titles. Its her thing now and as each album is a chapter of her life it makes sense she continues to use this. Its unique to her.

Except she's already a year older by the time it's released, and using her age for album titles may not be such a good idea once she's past 30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she gonna use her age as the title for every album she does? :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

"Breast-stroking In The Deep"

Her unofficial spokesman, Ryan Tedder, will probably bring out some minor info soon enough.

:D:D

And probably something about something being infinitely amazing as he always does :p.

And I hate the age 19 was okay but 21 no should have kept the original title ''Rolling In The Deep''.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the age titles, because like she has said, they represent what went on in her life at that age. Plus it's better then her albums being like "I Am Adele, Adele is here, Simply Adele, Miss Adele, Ms Adele, all the typical boring self titled nonsense (mariah i am talking about you) or having a title of an album that is never true to the theme or what the album is really about. Rolling in the deep imo would never have worked as the original title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the age titles, because like she has said, they represent what went on in her life at that age. Plus it's better then her albums being like "I Am Adele, Adele is here, Simply Adele, Miss Adele, Ms Adele, all the typical boring self titled nonsense (mariah i am talking about you) or having a title of an album that is never true to the theme or what the album is really about. Rolling in the deep imo would never have worked as the original title.

I get that chronologically the represent stages in her life but those things that go on at that time often spill over. So could have begun at 22 and then spilled over to 23 or 24 and then the title becomes obsolete. Why I like the original title is that it has differing interpretations much like the album itself people will take from it what they will which is what made 21 successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I'd rather 25 over 'Me. I am Adele... The Elusive Chanteuse' to be honest
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just goes the Led Zep way, y'all will see her 4th album will be untitled.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele will always have numbered albums. It's just her thang. Just like how Mariah will always have self-obsessed albums.
    (Emancipation of Mimi, E=MC2, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse).
  • aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Keisha White had an album called Seventeen in 2005. She was 17 when it was recorded but had turned 18 by the time it was released!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Is she gonna use her age as the title for every album she does? :blush:

I hope not, it's boring.