Options

anyone else find Claudia irritating?

why does Claudia have to play the fool. I don't know what the BBC think she adds to the show. I don't think she and Tess work well together. Does anyone else agree

Comments

• Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her , so witty and quick
  • Options
    KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. She made me laugh endlessly. Far better up in the pit with the celebs. Tess will do fine, if she makes silly pun jokes a tad less and plays a slightly more 'straight' MC to Bruce. Let Claude be the lighter half.
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phoenixhaj wrote: »
    why does Claudia have to play the fool. I don't know what the BBC think she adds to the show. I don't think she and Tess work well together. Does anyone else agree

In a word, No
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's brilliant. Genuinely funny and warm, unlike Tess.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she's much warmer than Tess as well.
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like claudia, always have, maybe she's a marmite presenter but i'm very much in the 'like' camp, and why should someone stop acting quirky etc just cause they're a bit older?
  • Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Best thing that ever happened to the Tesspit. :)
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I don't find Claudia irritating at all.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Claudia here, but I will admit she's a Marmite personality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    She isn't 'playing the fool', it's called self-deprecating humour, designed to put other people at ease, and she does put the contestants and the viewers at ease, unlike Bruce. She keeps it light-hearted, witty and spontaneous and her inclusion in the show, instead of Bruce, has improved it exponentially.
  • Options
    Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her, she's funny, quick-witted and has a great sense of humour and doesn't make the show about her (unlike Bruce)
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's clumsy, coltish and although she's 42 acts like a 14 year old .... No make that 11 year old. When small girls feel self conscious they cling to the hem of their dress or stand knock-kneed. She does this and looks stupid.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isn't 'playing the fool', it's called self-deprecating humour, designed to put other people at ease, and she does put the contestants and the viewers at ease, unlike Bruce. She keeps it light-hearted, witty and spontaneous and her inclusion in the show, instead of Bruce, has improved it exponentially.

That's why she was so good at presenting ITT and everybody on both shows loved her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Yes I found her very irritating tonight, and trying to get one of the couples to kiss was ridiculous. Okay, it may be in the media that they are already dating, but for heaven's sake, keep to the message on the show - it's about dancing not creating romantic relationships.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Claudia quirky and funny, but Tess is as annoying as hell.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I found her very irritating tonight, and trying to get one of the couples to kiss was ridiculous. Okay, it may be in the media that they are already dating, but for heaven's sake, keep to the message on the show - it's about dancing not creating romantic relationships.

I felt sorry for Iveta she looked really embarrassed, I hope she doesn't keep going on about her and Tom every week they way Bruce did about Cara and Artem!
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Annie* wrote: »
    I find Claudia quirky and funny, but Tess is as annoying as hell.

I agree. Claudia is great for live tv, she's able to think on her feet and can usually find a witty response to anything that crops up. Tess is just an attractive clothes-horse.
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. She's smarter than the rest of them put together and she is probably tv marmite as a result....
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11 on the cringe scale.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will always love her as she was the first celebrity to reply to me on Twitter and I find her hilarious. Definitely a girl's girl.
  • Options
    Evs814Evs814 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Love Claudia. She seems in her element mixing with the dancers and is much quicker witted than Tess. Really adds to the show IMHO
  • Options
    PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to disagree with the OP, I think she is a breath of fresh air but hey the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things :)
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    She's brilliant. Genuinely funny and warm, unlike Tess.

Years ago, an article described her as 'mad as a bucket full of frogs'. I am not sure what it means but it seems to fit and I do like her/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I think she's clumsy, coltish and although she's 42 acts like a 14 year old .... No make that 11 year old. When small girls feel self conscious they cling to the hem of their dress or stand knock-kneed. She does this and looks stupid.

I guess for as long as she can appeal to dirty old men at BBC we have no choice, we can either watch or switch off. To go with the hem pulling she has that irritating fringe as well, there is something very odd about a grown woman wanting to look and behave like Alice in Wonder Land.

I don't watch Strictly any more, I didn't care when she did the spin-offs as I don't normally switch over but the main show she is a no no., >:(
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Nobody has ever found Claudia irritating. This is unheard of. Get out of here. You'll be spouting conspiracy theories next.