2»

Comments

• Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Two words
    River Song:eek:;):D

Annoyingly, Moffat's got us over a barrel with that one, and his romance with River Song has to happen within his current regeneration.

Unless we get another clone Doctor to spare us...I think RTD may have inadvertently supplied a timely get-out clause.

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Any sensible Doctor would have learnt from that experience, realised he got his fingers burnt, realised that he'd hurt others, put his barriers firmly up, and steered a million light years clear of any kind of romantic interest whatsoever.

Or am I being optimistic...;)

Regards,

Cypher

my thinking too. perhaps a little flirting here and there but I doubt he will allow himself to ever get that close to anyone again. The Doctor is a loner and as much as many would like to see him happy with 2.5 children, I somehow think that isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Graham

The Doctor is a Timelord. I know I just stated the obvious, but REALLY... he can see Time! He can feel the birth and death of stars. He has travelled universes... i hardly think falling in "love" with a human would be on his list of priorities.

The Doctor always had a fondness for Earth and her humans - in the way a human would have a fondness for cute little tadpoles in a tank: our stunted evolution and sentimentality fascinated him, along with our potential for intelligence, but to imagine he would take on human emotions is just, well... i don't know. Facile.

I am sorry Donna's gone because against all odds, she was a good companion, with a smart head and no silly wishy washy, i love youuuuu moments.

Bring back the Doctor of old! I want to see more of his story arc, what happened in the Time War, and also some good ol' fashioned monster of the week type episodes, with GOOD WRITING. (c'mon Moffatt!!)

:)
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    ...and as much as many would like to see him happy with 2.5 children...

Typo? Or do Timelord kids have that 0.1 extra? ;)

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Annoyingly, Moffat's got us over a barrel with that one, and his romance with River Song has to happen within his current regeneration.

Unless we get another clone Doctor to spare us...I think RTD may have inadvertently supplied a timely get-out clause.

Regards,

Cypher

You see...I knew there was a reason for changing the myth of the regeneration process....The Doctor hasn't got the worry of not enough of him being passed around;):p

my thinking too. perhaps a little flirting here and there but I doubt he will allow himself to ever get that close to anyone again. The Doctor is a loner and as much as many would like to see him happy with 2.5 children, I somehow think that isn't going to happen.

Again two words

River Song:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Again two words

River Song:p:D
    River may have had a relationship with the Doctor, it was never more than inferred. There was nothing explicit that said she was any more than a close TARDIS companion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    River may have had a relationship with the Doctor, it was never more than inferred. There was nothing explicit that said she was any more than a close TARDIS companion.

Either nothing was reffered explicitly as you say and I got the wrong end of the stick....

Or

The mention of the handcuffs and "spoilers" has made me realise how dirty minded I am:eek::o:p:D
  • Options
    dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor didn't lust after Rose, he loved her in his own way which is why the other half human Doctor was the one who said the 3 words. He was the one who could give her the emotional connection/relationship SHE wanted. The Doctor knows he cannot give that and that never said he could. He knows that is the curse of the Timelord.

It's a programme that surely has to give us all sorts of emotions to make it interesting it cannot just be about one thing. As many have said, it has something for everyone and of course, it's not going to please everyone all of the time, but personally I think it is fantastic with some truly outstanding performances namely from DT (as always) and Catherine Tate.