ipod touch problems

Just purchased a touch from the apple site, guess what it was a week 38 model but is faulty Home button will not work. took it to an apple store who tested it and confirmed fault . home button either does not work at all or requires pressing for about 5 seconds to make it work.Rang apple up and they are replacing but its going to take about 2 weeks for a replacement, that means it will have taken a month to get one , thats if the new one is ok.:cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    wardpg2 wrote: »
    took it to an apple store who tested it and confirmed fault

I take it they didn't have any in stock to replace it there and then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Because i bought it from the apple store web site they washed their hands of it said i would have to go back to the apple web store to get a replacement, thats the last time i will use the web for any apple product!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should of took a firm stance or got them to phone the online section and sorted it if they had any in the shop.

Good luck with the replacement , it is a thing of beauty.
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    how do you know which week touch you have?
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    FAYMONDO wrote: »
    Should of took a firm stance or got them to phone the online section and sorted it if they had any in the shop.

Good luck with the replacement , it is a thing of beauty.

I thought beauty was supposed to be flawless:rolleyes:

It has more faults and bugs than an NHS hospital

andybno1 wrote: »
    how do you know which week touch you have?

Check the serial number, should start 98C37 (the number after the letter is the week) or something similar
    Forum Member
    I have 9C738 I assume that means a week 38 ipod touch? is that a good thing? lol
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    andybno1 wrote: »
    I have 9C738 I assume that means a week 38 ipod touch? is that a good thing? lol

They all have issues [sorry], either home buttons not working, resetting, black screen or dead pixels, none of which should be tolerated or expected on a new device.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Week 38 is fine.
    Forum Member
    my week 38 seems fine so far not had any problems besides the loverly 1.1.1 bricking bug in the update but that was soon sorted