Have you met any soap stars in real life?

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,850
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Yes, but Elstree is where they work, it's not for fans to meet the actors :p They don't have to stop for anyone and it sounds like if they do stop for you then you're pretty lucky :)
    I don't know anything about where it's easy to meet people...I've never tried to meet anyone, bar waiting outside the stage door at the theatre in Canterbury, but even then I wasn't even sure I was going to get to meet Johnny, let alone Marc as well :p

i know i am its just a shame i go there all day and dont see anyone. its like £9 a way each day to elstree aswell lol nearly everyday someone will walk out but those two i was just unlucky. i only seen like 5 people driving in to! most of them do stop though its just the odd few that dont. even when bk told them not to some people still insisted on stopping. they really dont mind stopping and some of them even have a chat as i said ricky stopped to chat for ages. if they didnt want to stop they dont have to and generally i dont get annoyed as i said its just cos i would like to have a chat with john again cos he is really lovely to meet if he wasnt i wouldnt be that bothered :p

elstree is he same as theatre, concerts etc its all "work" i would never stop them in the street or chase after them like some people do i have my limits lol :o some people would even stand in the middle of the road which i think is not on lol!
  • Thank youThank you Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seen John Partridge in Morrisons he was being right pain in the backside with one of the staff, couldn't believe the words he was using shocking behaviour!
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've mentioned this before but when we were on holiday last year it rained one day so we went to the local swimming pool. Both my hubby and I thought a bloke in the pool looked like Yusef / Ace Bhatti, then we realised it was him! He was very smiley and was swimming with another bloke and his baby. Didn't get any photos though... Think you can get into trouble for that in a swimming pool!
  • macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago I won a competition to meet the cast of Taggart. Colin McCreadie (Stuart Fraser) asked what the 1st prize was and I said a St Johnstone season ticket :D

He is a big fan. We had a good laugh and spoke about football :D

Watched them doing a promo for Australia. Amazing how may takes it took.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    My mum attended the wedding of a friend's son and Leanne from Coronation Street was there - we don't get celebrities here really. In my early teens someone from Emmerdale turned on our Christmas lights (I think it was Charity but not 100%) and I remember one lass got so excited because she'd touched her hand - I didn't watch Emmerdale so I didn't really bother. All the years after that we've never had anyone else as famous to turn the lights on! I am too shy anyway that even if I did see any soapstars I'd just smile and walk past!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I met Paula Lane (Kylie) and got a signed photo when she opened our local Poundshop:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I worked in a shop as a teen and served Andy McDonald from Corrie. I didn't have a chat with him because I was too busy blushing.. :)
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    If you expect too much then you're more likely to be disappointed :)
    This is basically it.

Meeting actors or getting to meet actors is only ever going to be by chance or by luck, even if that means travelling all the way to thier work and waiting god knows how many hours.

I'm sure there are fans waiting at the gate every day. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Sometimes they have a place to be and/or are running late. You'll never know the reason and they're not privy to how many miles you have travelled either.

If you go to an actors work place, whether thats theatre, elstree or even a meet and greet with the intention of meeting then, chances are you will go home disapointed. If you go there hoping to get a glipse of your fav with the off chance of meeting them, only then you will be pleasently surprised.

I've travelled miles, waited in the rain, in the cold for ages, but still never got that opportunity with certain actors I have supported over the years. I did eventually - with some. Others I didn't but that's life for you. I don't expect anything and I don't think they're under any obligation to meet you either. At the end of the day, you are one person out of how many fans. I don't expect to be singled out. I expect I'm not the first or the last who have waited on actors and gone home without that opportunity. Likewise, I expect I'm not the first or last who has been blessed with the opportunity. Like I said, it boils down to sheer luck.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    A friend of a friend met Michelle Keegan (Tina from Corrie) in a train. She was with a few people, but was really chatty and nice.
  • treacletarttreacletart Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    20ish years ago I met Kristian Schmid (Todd Landers) and Linda Hartley (Kerry Mangle) from Nieghbours when they appeared at a little holiday camp in Devon and got Kristians autograph.
    Around the same time I also saw Shane Richie performing stand up when he was a blue coat somewhere. He was funny as...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Christopher Ch. (Mr Pollard) TWICE and he is a really nice bloke. (Once in Vodaphone shop in Lincoln and starting a pig race in a Lincoln Farm Show)
    I met Letitia Dean every year (she deson't live far away) and she is dead common, er, normal!
    I also met Esther Rantzen (OK not Soap) who is total self-imporatnt b!tch.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Eastenders' Matt Lapinskas, Tony Discipline, Hollyoaks Anthony Quinlan (Gilly) and Emmerdale's Danny Miller at an M1 Charity Footie match last year. Matt and Tony were lovely and had so much time for their fans - had a photo with Tony, but couldn't get near Matt, sadly. Had a little chat with Anthony Quinlan, who was also lovely. Danny spent time with the fans, but looked and seemed miserable, to be honest, and being a fan, my meeting with him wasn't all that, sadly, but we're all human, so maybe he was having a bad day - I know he was hungover as they'd be drinking the previous night! :D Had my programme signed by them, too, and took lots of photos.

Was at the Leicester Square screening of Emmett Scanlan's film, Charlie Casanova, last Wednesday, and Hollyoaks latest bad boy, and Brendan's latest nemesis, Walker, played by Neil Newbon, turned up at the screening. Had a few words with him afterwards, and he was friendly and very polite - nothing like Walker!

I try and go to as many events as I can, so hoping to meet a few more as and when the opportunities arise.
  • december1984december1984 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Jane Rossington (Jill Chance, Crossroads) in a Tesco store once, but never spoke to her.

I also paid a visit to Manchester today and managed a sneaky shot of Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) having a **** break.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/derbyphotography2011/7250937104/ :o
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the cast of emmerdale autum 2010 were lovely bar 2 or 3. It was great spending time on set there it really made my summer
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    when i was a little girl, my mum took me to visit her friend, me and her daughter, the same age, played in her room, i remember being so jealous of her 4 poster bed.....years later i found out the little girl was Leticia Dean.
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    This is basically it.

Meeting actors or getting to meet actors is only ever going to be by chance or by luck, even if that means travelling all the way to thier work and waiting god knows how many hours.

I'm sure there are fans waiting at the gate every day. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Sometimes they have a place to be and/or are running late. You'll never know the reason and they're not privy to how many miles you have travelled either.

If you go to an actors work place, whether thats theatre, elstree or even a meet and greet with the intention of meeting then, chances are you will go home disapointed. If you go there hoping to get a glipse of your fav with the off chance of meeting them, only then you will be pleasently surprised.

I've travelled miles, waited in the rain, in the cold for ages, but still never got that opportunity with certain actors I have supported over the years. I did eventually - with some. Others I didn't but that's life for you. I don't expect anything and I don't think they're under any obligation to meet you either. At the end of the day, you are one person out of how many fans. I don't expect to be singled out. I expect I'm not the first or the last who have waited on actors and gone home without that opportunity. Likewise, I expect I'm not the first or last who has been blessed with the opportunity. Like I said, it boils down to sheer luck.

Great post - absolutely. I doubt I'm ever going to meet anyone else again - mostly because where I live, you don't get many opportunities :sleep: but I just think I got so extremely lucky back in January, that it's very unlikely to happen again.
  • sas6789sas6789 Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^there really is too many to list lol but if you insist lol i am just going to C&P from the list of autographs i have and just use characters names lol

EE
    Ian
    Peggy
    Mercy
    Janine
    Bradley
    Darren
    Heather
    Minty
    Billie
    Denise
    Tamwar
    Max
    Kat
    Tanya
    Christian
    Dot
    Stacey
    Archie
    Sharon
    Shirley
    Syed
    ryan
    Dennis
    Zanaib
    Masood
    Billy
    Gary
    Fatboy
    Roxy
    Sean
    Jack
    Alfie
    Whitney
    Phil
    Peter
    tyler
    anthony
    lola

others kara tointon, jill halfpenny, the guy who played matthew rose, matt di angelo, michelle collins, bobby davro

Emmmerdale
    Shadrach
    Debbie
    Laurel
    Eric
    Grayson
    Aaron
    Paddy
    Diane
    Sam
    Lisa
    Declan
    Ashley
    Andy
    Faye
    Brenda
    Chastity
    Daz
    Marlon
    Matthew (king)
    David
    Jimmy
    Nicola
    Rodney
    Lexi
    Katie
    Gensis
    Zak
    Carl
    Bob
    Donna

others roxanne pallett, maxwell caulfield

neighbours alan fletcher, stefan dennis

casualty charlie, tess, zoe, big mac, noel, adam, harry :cry: jeff, dixie, ruth, jay, lenny

holby city hari, hansan, connie

waterloo road eddie, rachel, tom, chris, finn, grantly, josh, paul

others tom chambers denise welch, patsy kensit
    Lucky you! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Johnny Briggs (Mike Baldwin in Corrie) is a regular in the Waitrose I work in :D
    First time I saw/met him I was shocked! mainly cos it's in a small town near Bristol and I didn't expect him to live there :p
    But he's a really nice guy and always has a laugh and a joke :)
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Soniccream wrote: »
    I know it's not a soap but I was an extra in Waterloo Road last year and saw some cast. I talked to Rebecca Ryan (Vicki) and I had to stand in a cupboard with Jack McMullen (Finn) it was embarrassing! :o

Hahaha jealous!

Ive heard the waterloo road lot like finn, josh, ronan, the ones that do all the charity football, etc are all lovely!

Met Joel Beckett who played Jake ages ago, hes lovely, as is Babs Windsor.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me and my mate was at an event in Liverpool and they were presenting awards and the people who were presentating the awards where the actresses who play Clare and Sarah in Hollyoaks , they seemed quite nice.

PS , i think Waterloo Road stars should be included.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before but when we were on holiday last year it rained one day so we went to the local swimming pool. Both my hubby and I thought a bloke in the pool looked like Yusef / Ace Bhatti, then we realised it was him! He was very smiley and was swimming with another bloke and his baby. Didn't get any photos though... Think you can get into trouble for that in a swimming pool!

:eek: I'm well Jell. Although I don't think I could look at him if I seen him.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: I'm well Jell. Although I don't think I could look at him if I seen him.

To be honest it was the cute smiley baby we both noticed first!
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    To be honest it was the cute smiley baby we both noticed first!

ahaha, fair enough. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Kathy Burke AKA Waynetta Slob in a bikini at Centre Parcs in Sherwood Forest . No photo and she's not a soap star sorry ....
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Saw Kat and Massood from Eastenders.

Massood was wearing bomber jacket that said Massood on it!