Bruce Forsyth a UK Legend.Please show some respect

Comments

• rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    I dont actually see how that could have spoilt the show for anyone....

It was just a funny moment and Bruce meant no harm

He's a bad tempered old goat, sack him BBC, you have loads of better presenters
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they weren't rabble they were the contestants whose good cheer made the show what it was. Bruce's petulance towards them was uncalled for. Completely spoilt the last few minutes of the show for me - all I could hear was his rudeness.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Respect TerryM22 OBE :D

I would give you an MBE for services to Sir Bruce in the face of adversity, my favourite Member Tom, I hope you will be here for the Christmas Special Show:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they weren't rabble they were the contestants whose good cheer made the show what it was. Bruce's petulance towards them was uncalled for. Completely spoilt the last few minutes of the show for me - all I could hear was his rudeness.

It was good humoured control and order that Sir Bruce brought to the end of the show, much better than having another scrum holly:)
  • Tom2512Tom2512 Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I would give you an MBE for services to Sir Bruce in the face of adversity, my favourite Member Tom, I hope you will be here for the Christmas Special Show:)

I would come back here on a regular basis as I did before if they brought back the Results shows on a Saturday

I loved the banter on here on a Saturday with a few beers but darent come on here now in case I get a spoiler :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would come back here on a regular basis as I did before if they brought back the Results shows on a Saturday

I loved the banter on here on a Saturday with a few beers but darent come on here now in case I get a spoiler :mad:

Thats a shame Tom, we shall miss your contribution if you are not here:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I am one of Bruce Forsythe's fans. However, realistically, he is now past his sell by date. Sorry Bruce - but it is the truth. However, I don't want Claudia in his place. Tess is OK and has grown in to the role.
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce is a leg end
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a shame Tom, we shall miss your contribution if you are not here:)

I loved it tonight the whole show on a Saturday a few beer and knowing the result on the night
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Bruce shows some respect to others then maybe he might receive some.

Respect is earned not demanded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it tonight the whole show on a Saturday a few beer and knowing the result on the night

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we might see you at some point on Christmas day Tom:)

Merry Christmas to you Tom:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might start talking to myself. Seems like fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we might see you at some point on Christmas day Tom:)

Merry Christmas to you Tom:)

and to you too Take care if I dont see you before then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and to you too Take care if I dont see you before then :D

I'm sure I will be back before then Tom, Sir Bruce is not here to defend his legend reputation, and must rely on loyal fans in his absence, thanks for leading the way Tom:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I will be back before then Tom, Sir Bruce is not here to defend his legend reputation, and must rely on loyal fans in his absence, thanks for leading the way Tom:)

Your welcome
  • komentaightorkomentaightor Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK he is 84 and set in his ways a bit but for gods sake give this guy a break

He is one of the UK's all time all round Entertainers and deserves some respect

For God's sake, get some new glasses and look at a rerun. He behaved like an idiot, from poor start to bad finish. Tess did her best to cover up.

Bruce is rude, the show is not about him, it's about the dancing, and it's high time someone removed the word "legend" from any English dictionary if it is going to be so misused.
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love adore and worship him x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For God's sake, get some new glasses and look at a rerun. He behaved like an idiot, from poor start to bad finish. Tess did her best to cover up.

Bruce is rude, the show is not about him, it's about the dancing, and it's high time someone removed the word "legend" from any English dictionary if it is going to be so misused.

How dare you you young rogue...Show Sir Bruce respect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »

Welcome to the party Rick, good to see you:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Tom quite rightly say's, respect should be shown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »

Welcome RickWhite OBE
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha and don't forget Bruce's bonus
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Tom quite rightly say's, respect should be shown.

Respect should be earned, though. I admit in the past that Bruce has more than earned the respect he had but he's now throwing it away at a rapid rate by his approach on Strictly - he struggles to read the autocue, mumbles when he's trying to find something 'funny' to say, tells jokes that would be better suited to the 1970s and, albeit maybe inadvertently, often insults and provokes couples before they take to the floor with ill advised 'gags'. Tess gets a lot of flak on here but I feel sorry for her; not may presenters have to cover up so many mistakes on a live show before even starting their own job.

He was the right man for the job, no question about it. But everyone has their time to bow out gracefully (retirement wise) and Bruce's alarm clock went off a long time ago.
  • abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Respect should be earned, though. I admit in the past that Bruce has more than earned the respect he had but he's now throwing it away at a rapid rate by his approach on Strictly - he struggles to read the autocue, mumbles when he's trying to find something 'funny' to say, tells jokes that would be better suited to the 1970s and, albeit maybe inadvertently, often insults and provokes couples before they take to the floor with ill advised 'gags'. Tess gets a lot of flak on here but I feel sorry for her; not may presenters have to cover up so many mistakes on a live show before even starting their own job.

He was the right man for the job, no question about it. But everyone has their time to bow out gracefully (retirement wise) and Bruce's alarm clock went off a long time ago.

Good Post xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Post xx

Not its not.Shocking post and I dont like it