Options

Delaying audio to sync with RTL for F1

qslikelyqslikely Posts: 239
Forum Member
Wondering if anyone's come across this: as helpfully suggested on DS, I'm delaying the R5L Formula 1 broadcast audio by a few seconds in order to sync it with the RTL picture. Whether I do it by using the pause button (Foxsat HDR) or recording the audio and playing back from the Media list, I get a lot of audio hiccups - they sound like skips or very fast momentary drop outs. I've checked the live sound, but this is definitely a function of the recording process.

I've never heard it when playing back any other recording, so it seems to have something to do with the fact that I'm only a few seconds behind live - that's the only difference I can tell. My only guess is that it's something to do with buffering.

Comments

• Options
    davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get yourself a cheap DAB radio and use this software Radio Delay http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..um..thanks for the suggestion, but I have enough boxes and remotes as it is. I was rather looking for a technical explanation or solution for why my recorder is 'glitching' in this specific situation. Given that others on DS say that this is how they deal with the audio/video delay.
  • Options
    patpendingpatpending Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but surely you would rather learn German than listen to James Allen? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, you have a point. But I only have a small amount of German and it's enough to know that Nicki Lauda irritates me more. J Allen is odd. I'm sure there are two of him. One weekend he makes a fair amount of sense, next he's all over the place.