Noel Gallagher going off...

2»

Comments

• FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not about getting publicity, it's simply him giving his actual opinion on things when questions are asked rather than being a media trained "I think everyone is great" bore.
    I'd say it's both despite my tending to agree with much of his criticisms. But he's somewhat off the mark with Emilie Sande and Adele. He clearly isn't into soul music or soul singers when he refers to them as music for grannies. But that's his own taste. He's just being narrow minded. He'd probably hate Caro Emerald too since she does music that reflects the 1940s and she's brilliant.

He's way off the mark though when he suggests 'who's got time to sit down and spend 45 mins listening to an album'. In that case how can he judge anyone's album if he can't be bothered to take the time to listen? I'm afraid he's still an immature little twonk.
  • MicknsivMicknsiv Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Ah Noely G eh? I love the man. Gets asked his opinion and he gives it an honest answer. And as a previous poster stated, I'd much rather hear his opinion on things than some shite popstar who says everything and everyone is great and is terrified of giving their actual opinion. All hail the Chief!!
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love a good old Noel rant. It brightens my day :D I loved his last one on one direction who (apparently according to an insider) asked for 1D tickets for his kids. Management (or the boys ) told him he could only have them if he brought them himself.:D I would have loved to have seen his face. However he didn't take them but the kids went anyway
  • Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Who doesn't love old Noël?

Liam?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    I'd say it's both despite my tending to agree with much of his criticisms. But he's somewhat off the mark with Emilie Sande and Adele. He clearly isn't into soul music or soul singers when he refers to them as music for grannies. But that's his own taste. He's just being narrow minded.
    Maybe he's a fan of old school 60's/70's soul and finds Sande and Adele's songs a bit too safe and dull in comparison.

Although he's never really come across as being very open-minded about music. Not as bad as his brother but still quite a narrow-minded view of what constitutes 'good' music. Probably why their own music became quite predictable and dull rather quickly.