MasterChef Australia:The Professionals - Watch - Monday 6th Jan 7:00pm

Comments

• RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    DFI wrote: »
    Not to mention it being extremely confusing to chefs when he's running the pass..

"two snapper, two lamb"
    "two snapper, two lamb"
    "two snapper, two lamb"
    "two snapper, two lamb"

If you're on the lamb, say, how do you know whether that's one order repeated 4 times, or 4 orders?

And why didn't anyone kick MPW's ass for letting the duck dish go without any duck on it? Isn't that what he's there for?

(and no, it wasn't to teach the chef a lesson...he actually didn't even notice it)

I know , right? It completely flummoxed me and I wasn't even cooking!!!!
    Forum Member
    Oh my god so many tears
  • Quizzimodo1000Quizzimodo1000 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Tonight's recipe in full

Cook
    Cry
    Cook
    Tell a sob story (with tears)
    Cook
    Cry a bit more
    Lose all perspective

Repeat until sick
    Forum Member
    Oh my god Anthony's plate looks rubbish!!! MPW is going to take him apart
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    is that the most ungracious leaving speech ever ?
    Forum Member
    Stop talking you cretin
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »

Not a lot of humility there
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, sour grapes much?
    mimik1uk wrote: »

You could see how angry he was as soon as he was stood at the front - his whole posture and finger tapping thing was so angry! The shock on some of the other people's faces was quite something. I sort of wished the judges had said something, but thinking about it, just standing there looking at him worked pretty well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and the woman who didn't know how big her heart could grow til she met her cherubs? :vomit:
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Wow, sour grapes much?

You could see how angry he was as soon as he was stood at the front - his whole posture and finger tapping thing was so angry! The shock on some of the other people's faces was quite something. I sort of wished the judges had said something, but thinking about it, just standing there looking at him worked pretty well!

It totally did - he just had to fill the silence with even more vitriol ... How MPW didn't tell him to **** off is a mystery to me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I'm sure a bowl of soup would have got ''but is it Masterchef standard' on any other incarnation.

It needs a little dash of Monica to cut through all the schmaltz.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could that Anthony creature have been more of a tool? I was hoping someone would call him out, but it was best just leaving him to make a fool of himself. The man just reeks of mid-life crisis. The picture of him in that Merc :D If you've got such a rockstar life, mate, bugger off. Souffle in an eggcup? Knob.

I'm glad Nathan stayed (I don't know why I referred to him as Harvey in my first post :confused: Don't even remember calling him that) He seems like a good cook, and he's my MCAPros eye-candy :blush: (Not that there's much competition for that) He's so damn cute with his beard :p

Really not a fan of the sob-stories, nor tales of little cherubs helping your heart grow bigger than ever *puke* So ridiculous, especially when she was actually good. Let your food speak for itself.

I'm liking Akuc (and I just love her face :blush:) and Cassie, Nathan and Michael. Still finding Nick annoying, don't know why. I get they're pros, but some seem particularly arrogant. Rhett's kind of winding me up too.

I'm getting used to this series, just getting used to MPW and his ways. I'm liking it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Could that Anthony creature have been more of a tool? I was hoping someone would call him out, but it was best just leaving him to make a fool of himself. The man just reeks of mid-life crisis. The picture of him in that Merc :D If you've got such a rockstar life, mate, bugger off. Souffle in an eggcup? Knob.

He made a point. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't the point he thought he was making.

No, Anthony, you aren't better than the rest of them

Yes, Anthony, you're the amateur masquerading as a professional

If you're happy to go back to the "rock star life" why did you audition in the first place?. Oh yeah, like you said, it was because you wanted to prove you were good enough in Australia. Nice fail, mate. The world has moved on while you've moved away.
  • kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Have caught up on this weeks episodes, they should rename the show professional mastercrier! What is with all the tears! Yes be passionate but hold it together!
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Geez, that guy last night was awful. 'I don't care, I'm just going to keep on rocking.' Yeah, you do that, you knob.

I'm really not enjoying this series at all, which is a first for me for any MCA programme. There's way too much crying, it's all a bit dull, and I miss Gary and George.
    Forum Member
    Yes I'm sure we all sympathise that your daughter's ill/you're a single parent etc

Now what's that got to do with cooking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed tonight's. MPW was really very lovely with the crying lady. Maybe he's only an arse when he's running the pass?

Mind you, I'm also recording series 4 on Really and watching it after the Pro episode. Tonight I'm enjoying remembering how beautiful Bo is.
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed tonight's. MPW was really very lovely with the crying lady. Maybe he's only an arse when he's running the pass?

Mind you, I'm also recording series 4 on Really and watching it after the Pro episode. Tonight I'm enjoying remembering how beautiful Bo is.

Yeah I thought that was sweet - and Cassie's face when she started to cry - Rhett annoys me but so does Cameron! He's next for come-uppance please!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oops, Beau!

Anyway, I looked for his Twitter, and he just posted this "photo" of George. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

https://twitter.com/beaucookie84/status/306606901720936448/photo/1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Rhett sounds exactly like Toadie on Neighbours.

MPW makes me like MRJ even more.

Didn't like the look of Rhett's shriveled old fish bones.
    Forum Member
    SimonChimp wrote: »
    Rhett sounds exactly like Toadie on Neighbours.

MPW makes me like MRJ even more.

Didn't like the look of Rhett's shriveled old fish bones.

Watching them claw at it - looked as though it was overdone
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, Beau!

Anyway, I looked for his Twitter, and he just posted this "photo" of George. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

https://twitter.com/beaucookie84/status/306606901720936448/photo/1

Oh that's genius! I miss little George in the Pro's series

MPW during the re-invention challenge

"15 mins, 15 mins, 15 mins, 15 mins" Err...so that's an hour to go then? ;)

Didn't remember that Mindy was one of the last to be picked for an apron! I guess at the beginning they weren't the personalities to us that they were at the end

RFS wrote: »
    Watching them claw at it - looked as though it was overdone

Exactly what I thought Fessy (sorry, I give all the DS MCA regulars names that I can pronounce easily :D ) Matt had to really hack at the mackerel, felt sure he was going to say something!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing with this series is you can tell who's going way before it happens. Or is this just me?

Astounded by Anthony. What. A . TOOL. "maybe I'll just cook like an amateur next time" "I did so much in 2 hours not just make a bowl of soup" "penelope cruz loved my crab souffle".
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    The thing with this series is you can tell who's going way before it happens. Or is this just me?

Astounded by Anthony. What. A . TOOL. "maybe I'll just cook like an amateur next time" "I did so much in 2 hours not just make a bowl of soup" "penelope cruz loved my crab souffle".

That was so funny! Because obviously Penelope stuffs herself with fine cuisine all day long, so she must know what she's talking about, right? And who else did he name-drop? I think he mentioned Tommy Lee Jones, that great Hollywood gourmand. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    That was so funny! Because obviously Penelope stuffs herself with fine cuisine all day long, so she must know what she's talking about, right? And who else did he name-drop? I think he mentioned Tommy Lee Jones, that great Hollywood gourmand. :p

And they were the BEST that he could come up with!

Guarantee you that none of them would know his name, recognise him in the street, or remember anything he cooked for them.

Or you could appear on Masterchef Australia the Professionals and really get yourself known for what a knob you are

That's how to build a career lol