Options

The Johnny Carter (Sam Strike / Ted Reilly) Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, I love that Danny did that! I just love how tight they seem onscreen- as well as offscreen. :D
    All the others nominated for 'Spectacular Scene' has some crash/explosions/disaster in it ( I haven't seen Doctors, so I'm not sure about that), and so here we have EastEnders nominated for a scene between a young man and his father. It is amazingly written by Daran Little, and acted by two of the shows newest actors, and already we get this huge scene from them, about a son telling his father he's gay. It rings true to so many viewers that still hasn't come out yet, or they're already out and can remember the feelings they went through to this day. It shows that characters drives a soap, and not plots.

In short, I think they have a perfectly good chance to win this :D

It was an amazing scene and its impact was huge. I think it single-handedly got people talking about EE again, and the fact that it actually encouraged people to come out to their parents was really such an achievement. Danny and Sam's performances during it were so natural and simple and honest, and they really tapped into the emotion that drives that sort of scenario.

I know some people are saying it doesn't qualify as a 'spectacular' scene because it wasn't a big, co-ordinated stunt or anything like that, but I remember my heart really going during it, and at the end I just burst into tears due to all the emotions I was feeling. If that isn't spectacular TV at its finest, I really don't know what is. If it wins it would really send such a positive message out that sometimes soaps have the ability to really make a difference if the writing, acting and direction of a scene is good enough.

With all that said, though, I just don't feel 100% confident it will win, simply because I think the panel might want to reward HO or Emmerdale in this category, if CS and EE dominate all the other categories. I really hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I wonder if Sam reads this thread? He's just tweeted about watching Rebel Without A Cause! :o:D
    lol yes, I saw that tweet from him and said "omg" lol :D

so cool!

absolutely, two episodes in two weeks is better than two weeks without him... i'll always be tuning in to see johnny, and I have a feeling i'm not the only one ;)

I was thinking that too!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny is in three episodes the week after next - Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. This is the week that Dean is returning so we may get some dramatic scenes with the whole Carter family. Sharon is also in a couple of the episodes so fingers crossed that the writers remember that The Albert actually exists; I really want to see Johnny working there properly, and sharing more screen time with Sharon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick reminder that Johnny is in tonight's episode! Feels a looooong time since he was last on screen. :blush:
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick reminder that Johnny is in tonight's episode! Feels a looooong time since he was last on screen. :blush:

what did i miss...what did i miss?? :) I haven't been watching for some days now, but i'm back and ready to be caught up with Johnny's 'doings' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what did i miss...what did i miss?? :) I haven't been watching for some days now, but i'm back and ready to be caught up with Johnny's 'doings' :D

You missed him being cute overhearing Tina and Tosh about to get 'sexy', being cute trying on a fake moustache, and being cute leading Tina out to her surprise party. Not loads of scenes, admittedly, but enough to make me smile. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You missed him being cute overhearing Tina and Tosh about to get 'sexy', being cute trying on a fake moustache, and being cute leading Tina out to her surprise party. Not loads of scenes, admittedly, but enough to make me smile. :D

lol sounds cute :)

wonder when we'll get some 'johnny' spoilers, as opposed to 'the carters....'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol sounds cute :)

wonder when we'll get some 'johnny' spoilers, as opposed to 'the carters....'

I don't know but it's starting to annoy me a bit. I'm glad he's still fairly regularly appearing in episodes even if he hasn't had much to do in them, but he doesn't feature at all in the spoilers for next week or the week after and I feel like he's starting to be forgotten about a character. :(

At least we still have Daran's tweet that there's something big coming up for him to keep us going for now. :) I hope that isn't months away.

And I'm looking forward to him appearing in three episodes next week. It will be a big week for the Carters, so even if he's just on the sidelines at least he's a part of what's happening.
  • Options
    tomas08tomas08 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Sam has filmed Give Out Girls. There was a trailer where he was touching some boobs. This could be why we've not seen an awful lot of Sam?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomas08 wrote: »
    Sam has filmed Give Out Girls. There was a trailer where he was touching some boobs. This could be why we've not seen an awful lot of Sam?

I think he's only in one episode, I read something about it a while ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely remember someone asking on here a while ago if Sam smokes. Guess these pictures at the end of the article confirm he does:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2624050/SPOILER-ALERT-On-EastEnders-Lauren-finds-Jake-emailed-night-Lucy-died-breaks-try-silence-her.html

He looks so different to how Johnny looks in these pictures. Proper bad boy material, lol. :D Also I didn't know he used to be a model!

On a side note, how annoyed does he look that he's being photographed? I would find that aspect of being an actor on a well-known soap so difficult. It must be very intrusive.
  • Options
    nathan69nathan69 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like he's smoking a manky roll up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still fancy him though!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Small Sam article here:

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/being-gay-in-eastenders-is-ruining-sam-strikes-love-life.php#.U26wKNxSFPQ.twitter

So that's cleared up whether he's gay or straight. I guess he must get asked about it a lot in interviews so it's probably just as well he clarified. I like that he doesn't make a big thing of it. The headline is a bit sensationalist but that's the media for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone read a tweet from Sam this morning which he's since deleted? I think it was something about an article (possibly the one I've posted above.) There are a few tweets to Sam telling him to ignore it and that the media spins lies so I'm just wondering what he said.
  • Options
    nathan69nathan69 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he in the closet in real life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nathan69 wrote: »
    Is he in the closet in real life?

I suppose nobody on here would know that for certain. I don't see why he'd feel the need to lie about it, though. I personally think he's telling the truth when he says he's straight.

Tonight marks the start of Johnny being in all episodes for the rest of this week and the whole of next week, too. :)

Also there's this little spoiler for him for Monday's episode:

'Linda is also surprised to find that Johnny has been looking at gay nightclubs online.'

Probably nothing to get excited about, in fact it might just be Linda getting the wrong end of the stick again and it turning out to be Tina that was looking or something. But if it is Johnny looking at gay nightclubs, I hope this is the start of him getting out there a bit more and becoming a bit more developed as a character. I really feel a bit sad that his initial coming out storyline has lost all sense of momentum. He needs to get some action! :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-05-12/danny-dyer-i-want-to-be-on-eastenders-for-20-years

This interview with Danny Dyer is cute. He mentions Sam in this bit (I particularly love the BIB. :D):
    Working alongside such co-stars as Kellie Bright (Linda), Sam Strike (Johnny) and Maddy Hill (Nancy) has also fostered an intimacy between the Carter clan that Dyer is grateful for: "They do feel like my family as well. It's a really weird feeling. I've never had that before. When someone's having an off day, we talk about it. We're very respectful of each other. We spend a lot of time together and that translates on screen.

"My real-life daughter Sunnie loves Sam. She wants him to come round for a play date and I keep telling her that he's 20! But she looks at them like they're siblings. She's so comfortable with them and will go running up to Maddy and sit in her lap."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heat & heatworld ‏@heatworld · 2h : We did an ace shoot and interview with 'Enders' @MaddsHill_ and @SamStrike in this week's heat... LOOK. http://t.co/nSRyRqbLR5

Rushing out to get Heat in my lunchbreak, lol. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heat & heatworld ‏@heatworld · 2h : We did an ace shoot and interview with 'Enders' @MaddsHill_ and @SamStrike in this week's heat... LOOK. http://t.co/nSRyRqbLR5

Rushing out to get Heat in my lunchbreak, lol. :D

Oooh!!! Bet Sam looks cute!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh!!! Bet Sam looks cute!

Unfortunately that's the only new picture of them (apart from a cute selfie) but the interview itself is really funny. Definitely worth reading! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to tonight, and hopefully see more than small scenes with johnny, since he's near the top on the cast list :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately that's the only new picture of them (apart from a cute selfie) but the interview itself is really funny. Definitely worth reading! :D

I'll have to read that!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a small article in InsideSoap about how Johnny puts on a comedy night at The Albert but it goes wrong when the comedian pulls out and Linda has to step in to help him. Not sure when that will air, but it did say at the end about Linda finding out about Johnny looking at gay nightclub websites after she helps him, and we know that happens on Monday. So I guess it's this week/Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Sam is loving being at the same awards ceremony tonight as Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad. Hope he gets to meet him. :)