Parliament to be recalled if there is a Yes Vote?

bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,927
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Parliament will be recalled possibly on the 19th September or possibly as early as the Monday after if there is a yes Vote and deal with the Fallout, what would MPs have to Discuss if Scotland decides vote Yes:confused:

Also MPs will be asked for their whereabouts in case Parliament is Recalled and I wonder what sort of mood the Mps will be in if Scotland does say yes it could be an interesting debate in the Chamber if there is a recall:o:confused:

Comments

• Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Of course Parliament has to be recalled. A yes vote would be the biggest constitutional rupture in generations and they'd have to debate what it means for the future of the UK and of course, there's the blame game.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, of course there should be a recall. It would also have a major impact on the party conference season. Would people want to see them going ahead when the country is falling apart?
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should Scottish MP's get a say, after all whose going to care what they want or think. Why should they be involved in helping their own country get a better negotiated deal by using their influence in parliament?
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will provide the appropriate occasion for Cameron to announce his resignation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will provide the appropriate occasion for Cameron to announce his resignation.

Only if Miliband resigns too for failing to deliver Labour voters in sufficient numbers.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Parliament already in session?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Only if Miliband resigns too for failing to deliver Labour voters in sufficient numbers.

Its not about "delivering numbers" but about being the person that agreed to the referendum in the first place, agreed to a three year timelag before it was held and refused to have the devo max option on the ballot paper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only until Friday and then there's a break for the Conference season. I can't remember a recall during the conferences before. Was there one after 9/11?
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only till the end of this week - then there's a break for party conference season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not about "delivering numbers" but about being the person that agreed to the referendum in the first place, agreed to a three year timelag before it was held and refused to have the devo max option on the ballot paper.

So it's Cameron's fault for agreeing to the referendum?
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So what was he supposed to do? Just say no to self determination? The Argentinians would have loved that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    So what was he supposed to do? Just say no to self determination? The Argentinians would have loved that.

Salmond played him for an idiot- and he obliged. He should have gone for a quick referendum for a start.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Parliament has to be recalled. A yes vote would be the biggest constitutional rupture in generations and they'd have to debate what it means for the future of the UK and of course, there's the blame game.

Which some are remarkably keen to get going asap - i.e.
    Salmond played him for an idiot- and he obliged. He should have gone for a quick referendum for a start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Which some are remarkably keen to get going asap - i.e.

Not remarkably keen, not even keen, but everything has consequences and this one should be bye bye Cameron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not remarkably keen, not even keen, but everything has consequences and this one should be bye bye Cameron.

Why are you so keen for him to be replaced by Osborne or Gove? If you think Cameron is bad then just wait...
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all nailed their colours to the mast today. If one of them has to resign the other two should go with him.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    They all nailed their colours to the mast today. If one of them has to resign the other two should go with him.
    Ed resigns, David comes back from across the sea...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Ed resigns, David comes back from across the sea...

Like most big brothers I bet he's sick of tidying up the mess that his kid brother has made. I know I do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you so keen for him to be replaced by Osborne or Gove? If you think Cameron is bad then just wait...

I'm not (although Osborne or Gove in charge would be the answer to getting the Tories out)- but someone would have to fall on their sword over this and who else is there really?
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You live in your own little bubble, don't you? It's rather endearing :D

Personally, I don't think any of the leaders (including Salmond if No wins) should have to resign. The people of Scotland were offered a choice, they made that choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »

Personally, I don't think any of the leaders (including Salmond if No wins) should have to resign. The people of Scotland were offered a choice, they made that choice.

I'm sure all of the Westminster leaders would survive. The person in most danger would be Johann Lamont. However I'm not so sure about Salmond in the event of a No...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »

I see the Wee Eck(o66) has come along to admonish me. Usually a sign I've touched a nerve.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the Wee Eck(o66) has come along to admonish me. Usually a sign I've touched a nerve.:)
    You really do flatter yourself dear lady, I admonish you simply because you are usually wrong ;-)

Liked the week eck thing though :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure all of the Westminster leaders would survive. The person in most danger would be Johann Lamont. However I'm not so sure about Salmond in the event of a No...
    Yeah perhaps not, but that should be a personal decision and not one foisted on him. I think you are right about Lamont.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed should resign for being a bit crap.