One show forced to admit anti-tory bias

starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
Forum Member
✭✭
What a suprise....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/response/2010/01/100115_res_theoneshowpoliticsandclass.shtml

Either bias or the One show is just rubbish, take your pick.

Comments

• sky is topssky is tops Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    What a suprise....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/response/2010/01/100115_res_theoneshowpoliticsandclass.shtml

Come your jokeing its the BBC it has not ever been bias in its history. Or has not ever lie or conned it viewers too.
  • superluke2superluke2 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did the Tories not like it? Whats the problem?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    What a suprise....

Obviously the editor of the One Show was too busy sending abusive e-mails about Ronnie Corbett to watch this item before it went out - that, after all, is what the editor is paid for.The One Show is going to be a nightmare for the BBC during the coming election campaign if it doesn't get a grip on this now.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I love the fact that "working class girl" Kaye Adams went to the fee paying St George's School for Girls in Edinburgh! ;)
  • nostalgic62nostalgic62 Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    superluke2 wrote: »
    Why did the Tories not like it? Whats the problem?

Take it then, that there will be no repeat viewing of Boys from the Blackstuff in the run up to the general election for those people who might be considering voting for a tory government for the first time.
  • jmcbridejmcbride Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    And will Top Gear be asked to moderate its anti-Labour bias? Strange how litte attention is paid to that aspect of that programme.
  • nostalgic62nostalgic62 Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    jmcbride wrote: »
    And will Top Gear be asked to moderate its anti-Labour bias? Strange how litte attention is paid to that aspect of that programme.

Well said, its amazing how Clarkson still appears to have his head so far up Thatchers' backside.
  • Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    I love the fact that "working class girl" Kaye Adams went to the fee paying St George's School for Girls in Edinburgh! ;)

I grew up in Edinburgh, and the place is awash with fee paying schools - St George's was one of the posher ones.

Personal opinion here but the only good tory is a dead tory.
  • superluke2superluke2 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no one has said what the anti Tory bias was. Did they include something that wasn't true?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid Law wrote: »
    I grew up in Edinburgh, and the place is awash with fee paying schools - St George's was one of the posher ones.

Personal opinion here but the only good tory is a dead tory.

Labour are just as bad. Don't back either of them.
  • Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    superluke2 wrote: »
    Still no one has said what the anti Tory bias was. Did they include something that wasn't true?

No, there was nothing untrue. That's where the tory's come unstuck.

They have no grounds for complaint as there was nothing in the piece that misrepresented them.

There are still a party who represent the middle class in the home counties and who are led by people who have lived lives where they have never really experienced "real" life.

Private education, Oxbridge, jobs in the city or the legal profession.

The obvious choice for Henry and Henrietta to vote for, but the vast majority of people in this country who work their arses off to pay their bills, mortgage, and to provide for their families should think long and hard before giving them a chance to run this country.

Just remember that the treasurer of the tory party chooses to be domiciled outside of the UK, therefore pays no taxes here.

I don't have a problem with people paying no taxes here - if they are tourists.

These people live here, work here yet still claim non-dom status These people are parasites. Rich, powerful but parasites who are being subsidised by the rest of us.
  • rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come your jokeing its the BBC it has not ever been bias in its history. Or has not ever lie or conned it viewers too.

It might help your cause if you could spell 'you're', 'it's', 'hasn't it', 'joking', 'biased', 'lied' and 'its'. Oh and here's a ? - you might find it useful. I had one spare, thankfully.

No doubt you will now try to argue that spelling isn't important. Maybe so to some but it really doesn't help the credibility of the opinion you're so lamely trying to express.

Bias is everywhere and if you're a fan of Sky you should be very familiar with Uncle Rupert's subtle messages regarding his choice for the next government.

Now many will leap down my throat for this but trust me, that kind of posting makes you look a total fool. As for what people think of me for posting this I really couldn't care one iota.

Rob.