Last Resort on Sky 1 (UK Pace)

2»

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Probably the reason it got canned.

I took it to episode 3 and thought, enough is enough.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Another excellent show tonight. Is there ten eps or 13?
  • fatsifatsi Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another excellent show tonight. Is there ten eps or 13?

I'm sure I read that when it didn't get a full season they were going to run 13 episodes.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any show has disappointed me as much this year as The Last Resort. First episode was excellent, loads of action and some really good political intrigue. I did start to get worried when they threw in the pointless hot-woman-almost-sex-scene but I was willing to go with the flow.
    I don't mind a dialogue heavy show which relies on personal drama, but to do that you have to be good. I'm thinking Homeland, Man Men, Sopranos etc. I'm afraid this one falls well short.
    I think it's an excellent show - it was never going to be gun battles and car chases :p the tone seems to me to have "kept its promise" of being small amounts of action mixed in with mostly political intrigue and inter-personnel rivalries/tensions.
    As for the quality of the writing and the characters, I'd say it was comparable to NCIS, probably better without the superhuman Gibbs-type character - and that has kept going (surprisingly!) for many, many years.

There are obvious limitations to how far you can take a story based on a single premise: no murder of the week cliches. So to set up the story, show how it plays out and to have it reach a satisfactory conclusion is really only a single series' worth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Ive been watching but cant help but wonder where the military vehicles came from? Were they on the island already?