Options

Cher Lloyd X FACTOR USA performance - this girl has improved SO much!

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l93b1o5RtxA

She sounds amazing! Fantastic stage presence, and her dancing is superb!

Comments

• Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Piss bottles must have been disarmed.
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Piss bottles must have been disarmed.

haha :D
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Amazing. I'm so proud :3...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's great. You can see where she's succeeded and others have failed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Well, I always thought she was good. But you're right, she has improved a lot. But what the hell is up with that presenter-robot that looks a lot like Khloe Kardashian?!! (ps: I know it's Khloe Kardashian herself, but seriously; she sounds like a robot while talking).
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Oh I hate her squeaky voice, there is no depth to it, she looks the part but the voice is weak.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Her voice hasn't improved or deteriorated which is good but she's a great performer. What I find it funny is that after she found some success in the US people are suddenly jumping on the bandwagon. :)
  • Options
    RodRuby93RodRuby93 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standing ovations don't necessarily reflect the truth over anything as they are persistently given to any live guest performances. Apart from Cher's voice being americanized by the loathsome bubblegum pop genre; there has been no disparities whatsoever from those harshly weak vocal chords of hers prior to that so-called 'amazing' performance (inclusion of the partial auto-tuning and the miming).

Modern Americans sure do have a bizarre taste for music, but I'm glad that they love any manufactured pop trash produced by Syco and that was very ingenious from Simon to ship her and One Direction over there - permanently I can only hope.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    RodRuby93 wrote: »
    Standing ovations don't necessarily reflect the truth over anything as they are persistently given to any live guest performances. Apart from Cher's voice being americanized by the loathsome bubblegum pop genre; there has been no disparities whatsoever from those harshly weak vocal chords of hers prior to that so-called 'amazing' performance (inclusion of the partial auto-tuning and the miming).

Modern Americans sure do have a bizarre taste for music, but I'm glad that they love any manufactured pop trash produced by Syco and that was very ingenious from Simon to ship her and One Direction over there - Permanently I can only hope.

Hear, hear.
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is she not releasing Oath here then?.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Cher is fab.Just watching her now on the USA show.....She is a real pop star now.
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    This just goes to show no matter who you are, no matter how little ability you have, no matter how little class you have, you can make sounds, record them and people will buy.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Cher on the X Factor tour and that girl always had stage presence but now she looks so much more polished and wow can she move.

Well done . Simon must be so proud
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »
    This just goes to show no matter who you are, no matter how little ability you have, no matter how little class you have, you can make sounds, record them and people will buy.

I'mma call you tuna melt cause honey you pressed. Let me sip those salty, salty tears. Slurp slurp. Delicious.

Cher will continue to make dolla' and detractors will continued be paid dust. That's the earl grey, children.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was miming to a pre-recorded vocal, so not that impressive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    She was miming to a pre-recorded vocal, so not that impressive.

And you know this for sure...how?
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been massively Americanised. Can understand why she may have success there, personally I don't like her at all, but it's the sort of thing that goes down well over the pond.
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of miming and backing track stuff apart from the occasional apparently sung live line. Not massively impressed. The group song by the finalists was great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was never a big fan of hers (Apart from her performance of Stay which to me remains one of my favourite ever performances) but I really liked her on the USA X Factor this week.
  • Options
    Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she fails for trying to be rebecca black with her first single..
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, she's so awful it's untrue.

Cringeworthy.
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I think her last two songs have been quite good (compared to Swagger Jagger) kind of Disneyfied pop rap. She's doing quite well I think her team have got her image spot on for the market in the US now - they are obviously aiming her at kids rather than adults.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and the song. It was a fun performance.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the performance was OK but it fell apart when she did that long note in the middle. Also, I loved the way they glossed over the failure of her album over there with no mention of it in the intro! It set the US charts alight with sales of 64,000. :eek:
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I thought the performance was OK but it fell apart when she did that long note in the middle. Also, I loved the way they glossed over the failure of her album over there with no mention of it in the intro! It set the US charts alight with sales of 64,000. :eek:

Hardly a failure. Carly Rae Jepsen - one of the biggest pop stars this year - had an album debut at 6.

Cher debuted at 8.

Cher has had 1 hit song, that went platinum. Carly had 2 hit songs, one of which is the biggest selling song this year. If chers album can hold its own up there with her. It really isn't a failure.