Options

Lady Gaga - Where did it all go wrong ?

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HelloRain wrote: »
    I don't think Christina ever 'wiped the floor with her contemporaries', I always found her voice shrill and grating and her material lacking. When it comes to her music, she always ruins her albums by bloating them with too many filler tracks. And as far as big voice divas goes, she could never compete as Mariah or Whitney in their prime and the sexy pop princess thing was done much better by the likes of Kylie and Britney. To me Christina was always someone who came up short, there were others who could do aspects of what she did better. Plus as others have said, her charmless, bitchy personality never did her any favours.

And Cheryl Cole also had longevity as a TV judge despite being unlikeable and sour. Maybe these kind of people flourish in these kind of shows, considering it's all about judging and acting superior? Hence why the much nicer Geri Halliwell and Britney weren't suited to it?

Here is Gaga when she guest-judged on SYTYCD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8LeySxIdAs

that is my opinion, songs like "beautiful" and "fighter" will stand the test of time in my opinion and that is how she was ahead of her contemporaries in my point of view. lets not elaborate or take out of context what i wrote and start comparing her to singers on another level in terms of longevity or vocal ability.;)

christina has had longevity in her judging role, that is fact and i was just pointing that out. i did offer the opinion that perhaps gaga would need to lose the madness if she wanted a role like that someday and that link certainly hasn't changed that opinion for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    so Applause is officially Number 6 in Billboard. OK - top ten - but this is a poor placing considering previous positions.
  • Options
    MissLaurentienMissLaurentien Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Gaga actually tweeted this: "The bigger the star, the bigger the target - Michael Jackson."

Oh dear :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga actually tweeted this: "The bigger the star, the bigger the target - Michael Jackson."

it is true though, even if it is a conceited phrase for her to relate to. nobody can possibly deny that lady gaga is a huge star, but with stardom comes scrutiny and with her profile being what it is, she faces a lot of scrutiny.

she's just does not take criticism well on the whole and she would be better off learning to take the rough with the smooth in my opinion.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She really does think she's someone :D this sort of thing is what really puts people off her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please tell me she did not say that?

She's showing herself to be a weak ass bitch. Who doesn't like hearing anything other than what she wants to hear.
    Ironically her "star" is falling also
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Please tell me she did not say that?

She's showing herself to be a weak ass bitch. Who doesn't like hearing anything other than what she wants to hear.
    Ironically her "star" is falling also

She said it on twitter:rolleyes: and she wonders why people have gone off her. The sort of mentality she has and the incredibly high opinion she has of herself will see her fail completely at some point. That's why she takes the criticism so badly because she genuinely believes she's incredible and it's an insult to her when others can't see it
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a509553/perez-hilton-urges-fans-to-download-aguilera-lp-over-lady-gagas.html

Perez is unbelievable. He was one of the main reasons Christina got such a backlash. He honestly has no shame.

The only thing I found funny about that whole bullying campaign was after Christina had been accused of copying Gaga for the NMT video, Chrissie came out to say it was a Madonna homage playing tribute to Express Yourself and Human Nature loool.

I tell you something else I just remembered too. When Your Body came out Gaga tweeted something about how this was the Christina she liked or missed.. yet Your Body was a Bionic song. You could have had it on there and it wouldn't have been out of place. That was shade!! ;) lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a509553/perez-hilton-urges-fans-to-download-aguilera-lp-over-lady-gagas.html

Perez is unbelievable. He was one of the main reasons Christina got such a backlash. He honestly has no shame.

The only thing I found funny about that whole bullying campaign was after Christina had been accused of copying Gaga for the NMT video, Chrissie came out to say it was a Madonna homage playing tribute to Express Yourself and Human Nature loool.

I tell you something else I just remembered too. When Your Body came out Gaga tweeted something about how this was the Christina she liked or missed.. yet Your Body was a Bionic song. You could have had it on there and it wouldn't have been out of place. That was shade!! ;) lol

its hilarious though.:D "justice for bionic".:D

i think the pair of them are as bad as each other personally. her for her over the top tweets suggesting his behaviour was somehow a threat, only for her to emerge the next day grinning like a cheshire cat looking like she didn't have a care in the world.:rolleyes: while, he seems to have done a complete u-turn on "bionic" and now he's dragging christina into his latest childish online spat.:o
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bionic is amazing though.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never ever got the comparisions Christina had been talking about a mor futuristic album since her GH in 08. Dynamit and Keeps Getting Better are two prime examples so musically Bionic was no surprise and could hardly be called copying. As for the NMT video Express Yourself and Madonna yes Gaga no.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The drama continues.

Apparently GaGa's new apartment address was revealed online and hundreds of fans are crowding around outside waiting for her.....the pictures show the commotion outside her alleged apartment building. :o

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYpESkCUAA2g4m.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYhV2VCYAAmPNO.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYnJl_CIAAfSSJ.jpg

I wonder who leaked the address....? :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The drama continues.

Apparently GaGa's new apartment address was revealed online and hundreds of fans are crowding around outside waiting for her.....the pictures show the commotion outside her alleged apartment building. :o

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYpESkCUAA2g4m.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYhV2VCYAAmPNO.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSYnJl_CIAAfSSJ.jpg

I wonder who leaked the address....? :sleep:

The address was on the Daily Mail article about her moving in to the apartment in June. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2350201/Lady-Gaga-moves-deluxe-New-York-penthouse-apartment-pays-22-000-month-rent-privilege.html
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »

It's not the same address, apparently she moved since then following Perez at her apartment, but someone discovered the new address and leaked it.
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HelloRain wrote: »

And Cheryl Cole also had longevity as a TV judge despite being unlikeable and sour. Maybe these kind of people flourish in these kind of shows, considering it's all about judging and acting superior? Hence why the much nicer Geri Halliwell and Britney weren't suited to it?

Cheryl never comes across as unlikable and sour.. She seems fairly genuine to me, although she'll often say what's on her mind and speak without thinking. Britney on the other hand acts like she has a phobia of her fans. I get that she's been through a lot but so have other pop stars and they don't act like an emotionally deranged robot (as odd as that sounds).

Geri is just a nut case but I love her for it. It was so funny when she was shouting how she had discovered Cheryl Cole when she was on the X Factor and then the second time when she was telling Gary that most of Take That couldn't sing although she can now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »

i think she is still living in the same place as previously reported by the mail.

here's the enterance

and here she is signing autographs two days ago on what seems to be the same address marked pavement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet she leaked it to get more press. Why isn't Katy doing this stuff to sell her single?
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    I bet she leaked it to get more press. Why isn't Katy doing this stuff to sell her single?

She doesn't need to.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    She doesn't need to.

Too right. :)

Roar
    #1 United States
    #1 Australia
    #1 Bahrain
    #1 Brunei Darussalam
    #1 Canada
    #1 Indonesia
    #1 Ireland
    #1 Macau
    #1 Malaysia
    #1 New Zealand
    #1 Oman
    #1 Philippines
    #1 Qatar
    #1 Singapore
    #1 Taiwan
    #2 Argentina
    #2 Botswana
    #2 Brazil
    #2 Cyprus
    #2 El Salvador
    #2 Honduras
    #2 Hong Kong
    #2 Jordan
    #2 Latvia
    #2 Lebanon
    #2 Mexico
    #2 Moldova
    #2 Saudi Arabia
    #2 South Africa
    #2 Turkey
    #2 United Arab Emirates
    #3 Austria
    #3 Guatemala
    #3 Israel
    #3 Nicaragua
    #3 Peru
    #3 Switzerland
    #3 Thailand
    #3 Vietnam
    #3 Zimbabwe
    #4 Armenia
    #4 Costa Rica
    #4 Czech Republic
    #4 Dominican Republic
    #4 Germany
    #4 Lithuania
    #4 Luxembourg
    #4 Netherlands
    #4 Papua New Guinea
    #4 Paraguay
    #4 Russia
    #4 Venezuela
    #5 Denmark
    #5 Kazakhstan
    #5 Norway
    #5 Panama
    #6 Belarus
    #6 Chile
    #6 Italy
    #6 Kenya
    #6 Nigeria
    #7 Belize
    #7 Bolivia
    #7 Colombia
    #7 Namibia
    #7 Slovakia
    #8 Fiji
    #8 Malta
    #8 Sri Lanka
    #8 Sweden
    #8 The Bahamas
    #9 Slovenia
    #10 Azerbaijan
    #10 Cayman Islands
    #10 Mauritius
    #10 Ukraine
    #11 Egypt
    #12 Estonia
    #13 Belgium
    #13 Finland
    #13 India
    #13 Spain
    #13 Trinidad and Tobago
    #15 Greece
    #15 Romania
    #16 Ecuador
    #16 France
    #19 Cambodia
    #21 Poland
    #23 Tajikistan
    #28 Kyrgyzstan
    #30 Bermuda
    #34 United Kingdom
    #35 Portugal
    #37 Bulgaria
    #63 Japan
    #65 Uganda
    #74 Hungary
    #83 Burkina Faso
    #85 Ghana
    #105 Mongolia
    #120 Antigua and Barbuda
    #177 Barbados
    #225 Mozambique
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Always the case. Humans are just fickle especially sheep!
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I wonder what her next desperate attempt will be as her people will be concerned about her new album now .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I swear half this thread reads like the minutes from a witches' coven! It's only pop music guys, not some big conspiracy... Also, step back time, I think the number of threads like this there have been over the past how many years is a testament to how much she can't really be going THAT wrong...

I mean applause IS a catchy song, not the best, but it's good, and there has been the unfortunate drama with twitter and that recently which has been a bit distasteful, but on the whole she's doing just fine...

Seems to me that because her newest single isn't everyone's instant new favourite after a week, and she's been doing a bit of her usual over the top bad PR tweeting, she's "going wrong" or "over", which just seems absurd. She's put out good pop music, a great video, and is infuriatingly simultaneously hyper-pretentious and self-mocking, which is what she's always done tbh.

The song isn't even doing that badly lol, but then I guess there are cauldrons that need stirring.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Gingegiant wrote: »
    I swear half this thread reads like the minutes from a witches' coven! It's only pop music guys, not some big conspiracy... Also, step back time, I think the number of threads like this there have been over the past how many years is a testament to how much she can't really be going THAT wrong...

I mean applause IS a catchy song, not the best, but it's good, and there has been the unfortunate drama with twitter and that recently which has been a bit distasteful, but on the whole she's doing just fine...

Seems to me that because her newest single isn't everyone's instant new favourite after a week, and she's been doing a bit of her usual over the top bad PR tweeting, she's "going wrong" or "over", which just seems absurd. She's put out good pop music, a great video, and is infuriatingly simultaneously hyper-pretentious and self-mocking, which is what she's always done tbh.

The song isn't even doing that badly lol, but then I guess there are cauldrons that need stirring.

Yes it is, by her standers this is bad and its the lead single off a brand new album. I
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Yes it is, by her standers this is bad and its the lead single off a brand new album. I

It's not. It was at #9 two days ago and now it's at #6 (in the UK anyway). Upon first week release it debuted officially at #5.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    It's not. It was at #9 two days ago and now it's at #6 (in the UK anyway). Upon first week release it debuted officially at #5.

Yes but this is Lady Gaga. She is supposed to be the biggest music star of her generation.. yet look at Rihanna for example. She can rule the charts for months on end with comeback singles. Gaga on the other hand struggled to even get top 5.

Its not flopped but it has underperformed. At least thus far.