Options

LFCTV to launch on sky in HD.

2»

Comments

• Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    PaulLFC wrote: »
    I haven't gone near it since it relaunched, haven't even considered subscribing. £7 a month is far, far too much - especially since we got a deal from BT with all 3 channels in HD for £11 a month - £7 for one channel with far less content just isn't good value.

I did used to enjoy the U21 and U18 games from time to time when it was free, and when they announced it was going HD I was pleased as the picture quality up until then wasn't great - then they announced they were charging and it would be "bigger and better" with more shows.

I've had a look at the schedules every now and again on the website and if anything there seems to be less content. The match replays have been cut down to 15 minute "shortcuts" and besides the Istanbul series (which I think was announced before they went HD anyway) there seems nothing new.

I think the fact I was offered the channel half price for the first 3 months not long ago says everything about how successful this launch has been!

Fans have not been giving the response they'd of liked and rightly so.
    Something LFCTV prided itself on was being free unlike the other club channels who charge for access and then to suddenly move alot of content online only because of the studio & playout upgrades (Which had naff all to do why the schedule was changed and alot of stuff going online only BTW) and then say "Want your shows back? Pay us for them" is like slapping someone in the face and then asking them to be your friend.

I won't be subbing to it. Like you said, 7 quid is too much for one channel of not alot.

Good win tonight though eh :)
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    The big thing for many supporters is watching the U18s and U21 (and U19 CL games) live or "as live" later in the day, of course we live in a very connected world now and the truth is there are streams out there of these games already. Its hard to imagine many paying extra on top of a Sky sub for this.

A little bird tells me that the numbers expected to subscribe were woefully below what was expected.

As a result:

- LFC TV have now gone back to VM and accepted their final offer.

- Sky will be contacting customers with promotional offers to incentivise the take up of subscriptions.
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Fans have not been giving the response they'd of liked and rightly so.
    Something LFCTV prided itself on was being free unlike the other club channels who charge for access and then to suddenly move alot of content online only because of the studio & playout upgrades (Which had naff all to do why the schedule was changed and alot of stuff going online only BTW) and then say "Want your shows back? Pay us for them" is like slapping someone in the face and then asking them to be your friend.

I won't be subbing to it. Like you said, 7 quid is too much for one channel of not alot.

Good win tonight though eh :)

I don't think it was ever free, was it? Certainly hasn't been for the past few years anyway.
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sat-ire wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever free, was it? Certainly hasn't been for the past few years anyway.

It was certainly free last season - and as far as I can remember, was free earlier this season as well (though not in HD, obviously). Last time you had to pay for it was when it was part of the Setanta Package (you didn't pay for it seperately, it and Arsenal TV were both included if you subscribed to Setanta). When Setanta disappeared, LFC TV remained as FTV (if you had an active Sky card in the box, you could tune into the channel).
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was certainly free last season - and as far as I can remember, was free earlier this season as well (though not in HD, obviously). Last time you had to pay for it was when it was part of the Setanta Package (you didn't pay for it seperately, it and Arsenal TV were both included if you subscribed to Setanta). When Setanta disappeared, LFC TV remained as FTV (if you had an active Sky card in the box, you could tune into the channel).

My bad, you're right of course. :)
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there still an Arsenal TV channel and is it available on SKY?
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

No. Setanta ran it same as they ran LFC TV
    But when Setanta went under, Arsenal opted not to take it over so it went off air.
    Liverpool FC took over their channel and ran it themselves aswell as making it free-to-view.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    No. Setanta ran it same as they ran LFC TV
    But when Setanta went under, Arsenal opted not to take it over so it went off air.

Same with 'Celtic TV' and 'Rangers TV'.
  • Options
    wal28wal28 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I do miss the club channels - as a football fan in general (even liking the Scottish league!) the club channels were excellent in that one could catch the game from the weekend that wasn't broadcast on Sky or Setanta (this is back in teh days when Rangers were in teh top flight) because frequently the home game was of more relevance to the league.

My preference would be to have a general club channel taking the best of the content of the club channels (so the magazine shows, some of the archive content and pbviously the games on tape delay). Of course totally impossible as there would be all sort of issues to resolve but that would be something I would be interested to subscribe to being a football fan of a non-partisan nature (and no I don't like Red Star either! :D)