Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    did mancini just say he hopes the authoritys take action over the balotelli tackle?

Dont know if its a language issue and he isnt quite understanding the questions or if he has just given up on him.

just watching it again, "mario is a good guy but if he doesnt change he will lose all his talent in 1 or 2 years"

seems he has given up on him, not surprised really.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like he gives up on this guy as well.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mancini will be gone in the summer along with Balotelli and Tevez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    apparently we are all getting upset over the refis in our pocket thread? :confused: cant quite see where that is to be honest.

Still onto today, had a feeling we would be 8 pts clear after the games. I can see both us and city winning the next 2 then us drawing with everton and them winning, meaning 6 pts clear. Then i thought we would stay that way until the city game which i thought we could lose and be 3 pts clear. Then it depending on how much newcastle need points in their 2nd to last game with city would depend if we won it that weekend or the final game.

However, seeing how much city are imploding, not just in results but attitude to each other too means we could well win it sooner.

First things first though we need to make sure we do the job at wigan which will be a tricky game. They are playing well and picking up points now.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Been to the game today - just some thoughts:

I sit at the end where the penalty was given, in real time it looked like a pen! Was amazed at the red card though. Easy to say non-pen when you get to see it umpteen times in slo mo from several different angles. I think everyone forgets that the referee gets a split second to make his decision!
    I'm sorry to his fans but I'm getting seriously peed off with Welbeck now, he started the season well but when was his last goal? He's meant to be a striker isn't he? Of course he is young and could be great, but to me he needs a rest and now!
    I will not have it that Hernandez is an "impact sub" or a busted flush. He simply has not been given a run of games in the first team after his injured start. Give him 6 in a row (has he even had 2 in a row!) and his sharpness will be back. Expecting him to come on and be the player he was last year is plain stupid imo. In contrast, despite not scoring Welbeck seems to be being given every chance and is not coming up with the goods.

Anyhoo - it was a tense and frustrating game but 3 points is all you get and now our GD is 2 better than theirs:D
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be quite content with a City blowout resulting in Arsenal taking a cheeky 2nd.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently we are all getting upset over the refis in our pocket thread? :confused: cant quite see where that is to be honest.

Still onto today, had a feeling we would be 8 pts clear after the games. I can see both us and city winning the next 2 then us drawing with everton and them winning, meaning 6 pts clear. Then i thought we would stay that way until the city game which i thought we could lose and be 3 pts clear. Then it depending on how much newcastle need points in their 2nd to last game with city would depend if we won it that weekend or the final game.

However, seeing how much city are imploding, not just in results but attitude to each other too means we could well win it sooner.

First things first though we need to make sure we do the job at wigan which will be a tricky game. They are playing well and picking up points now.

To be honest, I can see Norwich beating them at Carrow Road, and then the result in the derby will not matter a single jot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Welbeck now, he started the season well but when was his last goal?

3 games ago against wolves. Told you that last week when you complained :D:p
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I'd be quite content with a City blowout resulting in Arsenal taking a cheeky 2nd.

I would love to see Arsenal finish second, but I think their defeat to QPR took this out of the equation, if they had won that, and then won this match today, then I could see it happening, but that was just one defeat too many really for Arsenal.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 wins and a draw, so it could be wrapped up at the etihad.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mancini will be gone in the summer along with Balotelli and Tevez.

Nobody wants Tevez.

Humongous salary; humongous ego & a girth that isn't far behind.

Unless he is prepared to take a wage cut & play for a lesser side maybe, they won't be able to find a buyer for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Arsenal finish second, but I think their defeat to QPR took this out of the equation, if they had won that, and then won this match today, then I could see it happening, but that was just one defeat too many really for Arsenal.

wouldnt mind seeing arsenal taking it but city only need 6 points to be 2nd place. Assuming arsenal win all 15 points left to play for
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Good game earlier with Utd. We did well in possession, should have scored more but good game all round. We seemed to be going to the right-hand side quite often (had the same issue at Blackburn) which may make our game a little predictable. But apart from that, good performance to be 8 points clear.

On the other hand, it's a sorry story for City. City look directionless and lost. Balotelli had a day to forget and I think his first foul should have been a red frankly. He thinks the whole team revolves around him and seems to have no respect and a disregard for the team - he should have known going for tackles like that would have resulted in a red card and his team having to fight alone with 10 men. On another note, they were very much second-best apart from a spell in the first half - the likes of Aguero and Nasri unable to get into the game (missing Silva creativity), and I'm left thinking how Arsenal didn't win by more goals. Still, Kompany performed well given the circumstances and I do feel sorry for him. Tevez should have been on earlier and Balotelli subbed at the break but that's down to Mancini and that may prove his downfall - trying to reform someone, who at this moment in time, is a lost cause unless he reforms, to the detriment of the team.

Just thinking, Arsenal are only 10 points behind City. They could conceivably catch City for 2nd place if City carry on like this, and it would be a remarkable turn of form, but it appears very unlikely now. If only they hadn't lost so many games at the start of the season, they could have been right in the mix for the title.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    3 games ago against wolves. Told you that last week when you complained :D:p

Really?
    Must have missed it;) ok then - the time before that?:D

Still complaining - want a striker that scores goals, is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on own up - who bumped the Berties thread, it couldnt have been there one and only fan since he is inactive. :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Come on own up - who bumped the Berties thread, it couldnt have been there one and only fan since he is inactive. :D:p
    i did actually consider it this morning but couldnt find it lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i did actually consider it this morning but couldnt find it lol

I thought only Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin & David Cameron had to code to access the Citeh thread, so hidden & secret it is.:D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dragonic wrote: »
    Wow, that's a horrendous miss from Ramsey.

We dodged a bullet there. Hope he's enjoying the bright lights of the big City. To quote Jim Bowen,

"Aaron, let's have a look at what you could have won son".:cool:
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours on Twitter is that someone chinned Balotelli:D:D:D:D:D

Kompany is supposed to have decked him in the changing rooms after the game lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    Rumours on Twitter is that someone chinned Balotelli:D:D:D:D:D

I'd have payed good money to see that.:eek:
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tv are ripping into balotelli lol

if he is still at the club next year ill be amazed

Silly Mario isn't the sole reason City have imploded. The league isn't a sprint it's a marathon. Their key players have run out of juice.

Never mind Carlos will deliver.....:cool:
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    We dodged a bullet there. Hope he's enjoying the bright lights of the big City. To quote Jim Bowen,

"Aaron, let's have a look at what you could have won son".:cool:

Some famous celebrity also probably avoided an untimely death, as we know Ramsey's history! :D

Title is ours now. Another win from us and we assure ourselves that we can mathematically clinch the title at Etihad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly Mario isn't the sole reason City have imploded. The league isn't a sprint it's a marathon. Their key players have run out of juice.

Never mind Carlos will deliver.....:cool:

Deliver pizza............................................unless he eats it before he delivers it.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tv are ripping into balotelli lol

if he is still at the club next year ill be amazed

Mario Balotelli is not Citeh's problem.

Their problem is that they thought the league title was decided in December; that's their problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have payed good money to see that.:eek:

Me too. :D:D:p:p
This discussion has been closed.