Girls Aloud SPLIT - 2002-2013!!

12346»

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't think anything will appear in the charts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    Anyone think that either Ten or any of the singles will re-appear in the charts tomorrow, just downloaded Ten myself, even though I have the CD, and Something New!!, hopeully the girls get a decent send off.

I am sad Girls Aloud have come to an end - they really where the best pop act of all time in the world, in my opinion. Just flawless.

But in terms of a send off....? They've had one of the best any pop band has ever had. Watch I'll Stand By You live on the last tour date on Youtube, wow. They had an amazing wrap party. They had amazing success and never flopped. They've had 4 Number 1's. 22 Top 10 singles. 2 number 1 albums. 6 platinum albums. Over one million tour ticket sales - no other current girl band can sell more tour tickets than them. The endorsements. Just everything. They're an amazing success story for reality tv.

Dont expect Ten to do anything in the chart, anyone who wanted to buy the songs contained on it, already has them on either when they bought the single, or on the related album, on the first GH which sold 1 million copies. Ten is just a repackaged GH and even then its sold 160,000 copies. Ten has been around 60 in the charts the last 4 weeks due to the tour. I expect it'll be around there. In terms of Amazon and iTunes they're not very high, i would expect them to be 60ish again this week.

Hopefully there will be another reunion. Maybe they'll change their mind in the years to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »
    They had an amazing wrap party. They had amazing success and never flopped.

'Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me' went in at #97 after a music video and several performances of it.

And not to downgrade their success, one of their #1's was their winning single and two others were charity singles. Only 'The Promise' was a hit on it's own and even that had an X-Factor performance and was boosted by Cheryl's explosion in popularity at the time.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sad Girls Aloud have come to an end - they really where the best pop act of all time in the world, in my opinion. Just flawless.

I really, really hope that this is some sort of joke. But I fear it isn't...
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not here to hate (ITT anyway), but really.... really?, is your fandom such to consider Girls Aloud the magnum opus pop band above all others of all time?
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking Girls Aloud left all those years ago even when they came back they only did the greatest hits and a few new songs. They didn't exactly comeback with a brand new album.
    You won't really notice that they've gone since they split years ago. Even though I am a fan of Girls Aloud . They just came back to say goodbye they weren't really back. It would've been different if they released a brand new album. They could easily get back together a few years later if they really want to. Sound of the underground has to be one of my favourite songs by them but all of the songs really.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Incorrectly so in many cases.

Not so.

Defintion of 'band' - (of people or organizations) Form a group for a mutual purpose: "local people banded together".;)
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    Not so.

Defintion of 'band' - (of people or organizations) Form a group for a mutual purpose: "local people banded together".;)

Someone already had a Google of that one earlier and chucked it at me. Still ain't having it though. ;):cool:
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget all the nonsense of they don't play instruments or write your own songs - you get extra brownie points if you do that, but i use 'group' 'band' in a different sense...

My personal opinion - the best pop act in the UK ever

I admit the Spice Girls where very good for their time, but they are of our time the best girl female group of our generation. All Saints didn't achieve anywhere near as much as GA. Sugababes had so many line up changes it is shocking. Atomic Kitten where average at best. The Saturdays are a poor mans Girls Aloud - very little star quality individually....must i go on? And don't get me started of the genius of JLS (has anyone hear heard Evolution?) or One Direction (over-rated boys doing well because of girls buying their records - the case with most boy bands).

MY OPINION Best pop groups ever in the UK
    1. Girls Aloud BY A HUGE MARGIN
    2. S Club 7 AGAIN A GREAT BIG LINE UNDERNEATH THIS
    3. Spice Girls
    4. Sugababes
    5. Mcfly
    6. One Direction
    7. The Saturdays
    8. Atomic Kitten
    9. JLS
    10. Blue
    11. Westlife
    12. Busted
    13. Steps
    14. Boyzone
    15. Little Mix
    16. Take That
    17. Liberty X
    18. Hearsay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Girls Alouds songs, but I thought their send-off was weak. Bit of a shame really.

Now I think Kimberley will get into TV hosting after she's got her 'I can sing, honest!' phase out of her system, Nicola will eventually launch a fashion label, Cheryl will probably buddy up with Simon Cowell again to ensure her not-as-good-as-Girls-Aloud albums get to the top of the charts, Sarah will be the one who ends up on reality TV, and Nadine if she has any sense at all, will take a leaf out of Cheryl's book and hire a decent team and start putting out albums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly gutted they've split but I don't think it will be permanent.

Cheryl's solo career won't go on for too much longer, Kimberley may do another stage show, Nadine will put out another solo album which will hopefully do better than the last, Nicola will do another album and continue with her makeup range and Sarah will do an album and more acting maybe. However, they are much better together and will prob need the money in 2/3 yrs time.

Plus, by announcing a split, a reunion in a few years time will be worth more money than if they had said they're going on a hiatus. However, if they do indeed get back together, I hope it's with a full album of new music and not another greatest hits tour.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kieran DS you obviously didn't look further down nadines twitter did u? she posted her message to fans too much like the other members of the group and i must say it's a nice one....
    i'm glad she's made it known she wasnt the one that made this happen because everyone will always automatically blame her.

I didn't include it because I grouped the tweets from the same day - i.e the day the split was officially announced.
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    Yes Kieran, it's so obvious from all your posts that you think Cheryl can do no wrong and, in a sneaky way, you try to malign Nadine, all the while claiming to be a fan of Girls Aloud (all of them) Yeah, right :rolleyes:

BIB
    OMG she referred to her bandmates as work colleagues - she told the truth!!!

I rest my case.

Obvious? I regularly criticise her.

I have been critical of Nadine's actions and solo work. I haven't pretended otherwise.

Please present facts. They get you a lot further.
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Why have you only posted that part?

Nadine's message was very sweet:

As above.

I didn't even suggest she didn't post anything nice. On the day the split was announced there was a stark contrast in the tweets being posted. Am I wrong? No.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I didn't even suggest she didn't post anything nice. .

I didn't say you did. I was just asking why you hadn't posted all of it ;)

I just remarked separately that it was a sweet message :D

Seeing that the press are now doing stories about people being 'furious', I genuinely don't see what the big deal is with what Nadine's posted. She probably didn't even think too much of it, despite just wanting to let the fans know she would have been happy to continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they've split but at least we've got a brilliant pop discography that will always be around to listen to. They've given me some of my favourite pop songs.

They are a fantastic pop act, nobody can take that away from them but I do have to laugh though as I've seen plenty of their hardcore fans bleat on for a long time about how iconic they are and how much of a cultural impact they've had.... such an impact that none of their songs post-split have appeared on iTunes top 200. :p If this cultural impact they've had was so big surely the UK would be rushing to download and reminisce. Yes, they're very successful as a pop act but other than the fans, they clearly aren't going to be remembered instantly years down the line a la Spice Girls. It's also a shame they split via Twitter. That was a cheap way to go.
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's exactly what i thought am surprised no singles or albums are coming up into the lower reaches of the charts even top 200 which is very odd as most bands have something from their back catalogue re enter.
    My Chemical Romance who also split this week have their album 'The Black Parade' re enter the albums chart and 'Welcome To the Black Parade' is hovering just under the top 200 singles.

A lot of threads and people are talking about their 'legacy' (UK exclusive) but that's not really being shown unless their fan base really was just the same fans the whole time and not diverse meaning new or curious music fans don't/aren't buying their music.

Personally they were simply ok but that formula and sound although unique also limits progression and change and now all is said and done for most it's still Sound of the Underground and perhaps The Promise too that will be remembered for the general public.
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »

Obvious? I regularly criticise her.

I have been critical of Nadine's actions and solo work. I haven't pretended otherwise.

Please present facts. They get you a lot further.

Ooh hark at you!
    If it's alright with you I'll continue to express my opinions - just like you do eh?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    Ooh hark at you!
    If it's alright with you I'll continue to express my opinions - just like you do eh?

Go ahead. It's just better if you do not present your opinion as factual truth like you did ;)
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Saints didn't achieve anywhere near as much as GA.
    They managed to make some decent records and had someone in the group with a bit of talent.