Options

Humax heads up - functionality required in the next generation PVR.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
Forum Member
I've not seen this in any threads so I thought I would get in first (though someone's probably beaten me to it!).

Functionality required of next generation equipment:

1. Buffer more than one channel - in fact buffer the whole multiplex - Nebula do it, so can you!

2. WiFi/CAT5 to stream/upload to PCs and other networked devices, also the ability to stream and record TV off the web.

3. Remote programming of the PVR by phone and/or internet connection via WiFi.

I have excluded any functionality that is theoretically possible with the exisiting equipment.

Anyone care to add to the wish-list? Remember, only things that are not possible with existing equipment.

BA

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Record from external sources ;)
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Component & HDMI out capability
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Allow user customization, like TAPS
    Buillt in DVD recorder/player
    External SATA sockets to allow extra drives to be added
    Built in internet browser connecting through WIFI
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member

2. WiFi/CAT5 to stream/upload to PCs and other networked devices,
    3. Remote programming of the PVR by phone and/or internet connection via WiFi.

BA

I believe these things would be possible already if you hooked up a slingbox to the Humax.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member

1. Buffer more than one channel - in fact buffer the whole multiplex - Nebula do it, so can you!

The DigiFusion 200 did buffer the last 2 channels viewed which I found useful, they then removed it in an earlier update, I guess they thought they were overworking the hard drive.

Adding it to the 9200 would be great and no need for this to be a NEXT generation thing either.