E3 2012

1272829303133»

Comments

• Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    No he didn't say that, maybe you shoud actually read his post :rolleyes:

"So 53 IPs, probably 45+ that will never be revisited and 0 that have made impact, sales or actually remembering it exists (without having to Wikipedia it) near the likes of Gears, God of War, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Fable, inFamous, Resistance, Trials, Forza, etc."

That pretty much says that Nintendo's best franchises have had less influence than the games he referenced.

Of course like i usually do, i probably have the wrong end of the stick, in which case i'm apologizing in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    "So 53 IPs, probably 45+ that will never be revisited and 0 that have made impact, sales or actually remembering it exists (without having to Wikipedia it) near the likes of Gears, God of War, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Fable, inFamous, Resistance, Trials, Forza, etc."

That pretty much says that Nintendo's best franchises have had less influence than the games he referenced.

Of course like i usually do, i probably have the wrong end of the stick, in which case i'm apologizing in advance.
    No, because those games were not among the 53 NEW IPs listed.

Mario, Zelda and Pokemon are OLD IPs that have had countless re-hashes on the current Nintendo consoles.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    No, because those games were not among the 53 NEW IPs listed.

Mario, Zelda and Pokemon are OLD IPs that have had countless re-hashes on the current Nintendo consoles.

There were two Mario based games on the list..meh i should have read the list before posting..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were two Mario based games on the list..meh i should have read the list before posting..
    I don't blame you - I haven't either, its too long :D
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    They're all at it. What is the obsession with having whole families sat round a console?

Because it's mass-market and that's where all the money is these days. FPS and racing games have a core market which is younger males - but that's not enough licensing income to justify the outlay any more. Girls and families are a fast growing segment. Things like Sing for the Wii U are likely to be massive because teenage girls will buy it in their droves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those interested in Wii U graphics, a Nintendo news website has posted a comparison between PS3 and the Wii U for Batman and the PS3 wins.

http://www.ntower.de/Wii%20U/News/24436-Unser-Vergleichsbild-der-PS3-und-Wii-U-Fassung-von-Batman-Arkham-City/
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    For those interested in Wii U graphics, a Nintendo news website has posted a comparison between PS3 and the Wii U for Batman and the PS3 wins.

http://www.ntower.de/Wii%20U/News/24436-Unser-Vergleichsbild-der-PS3-und-Wii-U-Fassung-von-Batman-Arkham-City/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-wiiu-e3-2012

More in-depth here. Complete opposite outcome, for Batman AC. Not much of improvement but there is still improvement on the WII U version.

The last few days specs have basically been confirmed. It's got a IBM Power 7 tri core CPU 1.5gb of ram (dev kits 3gb) and GPU ATi 4770 modified to more like the 5 series

Well anyone expecting to running for instances Squares tech demo Is out of look. The hardware it's self is better than current console, and there is no reason for all shitty ports but ultimately if your wanting 1080p 60fps It's possible but as all the processing for tablet controller is done on the WII U It will hard for dev's to hit this if there using the tablet a lot.

I would also be willing to bet that Nintendo are not allowing better visuals if say the player is using there new controller pad as I'm sure It would make the tablet controller less wanted by some gamers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-wiiu-e3-2012

More in-depth here. Complete opposite outcome, for Batman AC. Not much of improvement but there is still improvement on the WII U version.

The last few days specs have basically been confirmed. It's got a IBM Power 7 tri core CPU 1.5gb of ram (dev kits 3gb) and GPU ATi 4770 modified to more like the 5 series

Well anyone expecting to running for instances Squares tech demo Is out of look. The hardware it's self is better than current console, and there is no reason for all shitty ports but ultimately if your wanting 1080p 60fps It's possible but as all the processing for tablet controller is done on the WII U It will hard for dev's to hit this if there using the tablet a lot.

I would also be willing to bet that Nintendo are not allowing better visuals if say the player is using there new controller pad as I'm sure It would make the tablet controller less wanted by some gamers.
    Yeah that article is a lot better to compare.

To me, it seems the Wii U is on par with current gen. There are some improvements, but these are negligible to me.

A good starting point, though.

The trouble is the PS4/720 is obviously going to trounce it so I'm not convinced that they'll be able to win back core gamers just by having the 'core' games available on the system.
    Forum Member
    Yeah that article is a lot better to compare.

To me, it seems the Wii U is on par with current gen. There are some improvements, but these are negligible to me.

A good starting point, though.

The trouble is the PS4/720 is obviously going to trounce it so I'm not convinced that they'll be able to win back core gamers just by having the 'core' games available on the system.

I don't think we will see it hit 100 million the WII did. It's going to attract the Nintendo fans for sure. Casual gamers, are swinging more to kinect these days so I'm not sure on that myself.

The visual side of things I think we need more games development for WII U. The worst problem will be when Ps4/next box get UE4 games in 2014, and there is high chances the WII U will getting Ue3 or developers not wanting to even development games for it.

I think on WII U depending if they get UE4 and other newer engines on the WII U then It could mean either better third party support or the same as WII did. I'm not confident judging by Specs UE4 will be running on the WII U. Now considering we all know UE is one most used engines It will be next gen and that support could vital on a third party standpoint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the plus side it looks like games are going to have an RRP of £39.99 according to ShopTo.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

nobodys won anything, Wii U does not exist just yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nobodys won anything, Wii U does not exist just yet
    Oh right, thanks, I knew E3 was a dream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Are you saying that Gears, Uncharted and Resistance and other games like that have had more of a impact on the gaming world than the likes of the Mario Bros. Legend of Zelda and Pokemon?

I'll give you Mario, but the other 2 no.

If you want impact you have to see Id and Valve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Is that chip any more powerfull than a Cell or even a Xenon
    Forum Member
    Is that chip any more powerfull than a Cell or even a Xenon

The CPU in the WII U ? The power7 CPU Is lot better than both.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    The CPU in the WII U ? The power7 CPU Is lot better than both.

I would say its difficult to compare the Cell and Power7.
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    I would say its difficult to compare the Cell and Power7.

I disagree firstly It's just simply a better chip, massive improvement and removes the lot's of restrictions the cell had. The cell was good chip no doubt about it but the power7 clearly out does it. Even the low/midrange power7 CPU's.