Jeez just went to buy pizza from pizza hut - pricey!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I couldn't believe their prices - for a simple large pizza they want £12 for it! Even with the voucher codes etc. Ordering pizza online is a costly task!
A premium fresh huge pizza from Waitrose costs me £4.99 - I think it's time to go out shopping!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never get my head around the money people are willing to cough up for what is essentially cheese on toast.
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pizza Hut has to be the worst place on Earth to ever buy a pizza from .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm? The delivery one in Manchester is great. Its always 50% off, we usually get 2 large ones and it always comes for @ £17
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I decided to get off my lazy arse and go out shopping instead. I bought breaded chicken pieces , mayo, tomatoes, hash browns, Cumberland sausages, bread rolls, and a small pizza for all under a tenner!!! Less a crappy delivered one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Mmmm? The delivery one in Manchester is great. Its always 50% off, we usually get 2 large ones and it always comes for @ £17

That is so much money when you consider what you could buy in a supermarket for the same money.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Pizza Huts Pizzas but they are too expensive I only ever went for the buffet lunch
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is so much money when you consider what you could buy in a supermarket for the same money.

But you wouldn't get a Pizza Hut pizza. You spend that money because you want a Pizza Hut pizza. Nothing in the supermarket will come close. Give me two Pizza Hut pizza's for £17 over that rubbish you bought.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe their prices - for a simple large pizza they want £12 for it! Even with the voucher codes etc. Ordering pizza online is a costly task!
    A premium fresh huge pizza from Waitrose costs me £4.99 - I think it's time to go out shopping!

You can't really compare the costs though can you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you wouldn't get a Pizza Hut pizza. You spend that money because you want a Pizza Hut pizza. Nothing in the supermarket will come close. Give me two Pizza Hut pizza's for £17 over that rubbish you bought.

Can't believe you think pizza hut's pizzas are a quality product or somehow authentic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I decided to get off my lazy arse and go out shopping instead. I bought breaded chicken pieces , mayo, tomatoes, hash browns, Cumberland sausages, bread rolls, and a small pizza for all under a tenner!!! Less a crappy delivered one!

Bloody hell! Where do you shop? That's cheap!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe you think pizza hut's pizzas are a quality product or somehow authentic.

You won't get anything like Pizza Hut at the supermarket, that's a fact.

If I wanted to buy the items you bought then i'd buy them. If I wanted a pizza hut i'd buy that. It's not an either or scenario.

I take it when you go to a party and they've got expensive takeaway food out you jump up and and say -- errrrr excuse me, you could have bought breaded chicken pieces , mayo, tomatoes, hash browns, Cumberland sausages, bread rolls, and a small pizza with that money!

You sound like an absolute hoot. :rolleyes:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    You won't get anything like Pizza Hut at the supermarket, that's a fact.

If I wanted to buy the items you bought then i'd buy them. If I wanted a pizza hut i'd buy that. It's not an either or scenario.

I take it when you go to a party and they've got expensive takeaway food out you jump up and and say -- errrrr excuse me, you could have bought breaded chicken pieces , mayo, tomatoes, hash browns, Cumberland sausages, bread rolls, and a small pizza with that money!

You sound like an absolute hoot. :rolleyes:

Have you tried every single supermarket pizza?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried every single supermarket pizza?

No, I haven't tried every single hamburger either but I can assure you none of them will taste like McDonalds.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good job!

I use delivery as an absolute last resort.

Pizza-wise, I have had marvellous ones from the supermarket, premium ranges for a fraction of Pizza Hut prices, and they taste 10x better. My favourite is a large one with ham, mushroom and mascapone, I think from Tesco.

I am honestly not slating Pizza Hut (or other) deliveries though. Sometimes I am so shattered that I cannot face going over the road to shop or even cooking what I have got in, so I will use occasionally.
  • lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pizzas here don't have enough cheese on them, not at all. They're mainly toppings and a bit of tomato sauce with a few tiny strips of cheese here and there. Rant over, sorry.
    We ordered from Pizza Hut once and yes it was about £12 for a pizza that me and my bf shared. It wasn't worth it at all; it was way too overpriced for a mediocre pizza. Never had one again from places like that. I just buy them at the supermarket. They are ok (not great) and a lot cheaper.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    You can make your own at home.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Independent pizza shops are often significantly cheaper. Our local one does two for one on Tuesday and we get two large pizzas for £8. Delicious too.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahahahahahahahahahah
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aye, sure you can. PMSL
    Forum Member
    Aye, sure you can. PMSL

I make my own dough. It is easy. Then just go to the market for the toppings and save money.

I don't see what is funny about it. Plenty of people make their own pizza.

Why waste money on frippery?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I make my own dough. It is easy. Then just go to the market for the toppings and save money.

I don't see what is funny about it. Plenty of people make their own pizza.

Why waste money on frippery?

What you make is a PIZZA, not a Pizza Hut pizza.
    Forum Member
    What you make is a PIZZA, not a Pizza Hut pizza.

When you have tried one of mine, you wouldn't want any one elses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you have tried one of mine, you wouldn't want any one elses.

It's still not a Pizza Hut pizza.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Last time I got one it was when they were doing a £5 offer.
    Wouldn't pay more than that for one really.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahahahahahahahahahah