Coronation Street, Wednesday 23/1/13, 7:00pm - Halfway Down The Stairs

Comments

• kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's got to be the best acting ive seen Alan Halsall do!

Not that hard in the past admittedly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    No one should ever feel sympathy for Kirsty.

Lol we are allowed to have our own opinions and feelings regarding the storyline you know. Not everything is always black and white and sometimes a little bit of empathy is a human emotion. God someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Good first half. I was too busy watching to post anything. :)

Why would everybody assume Ty is lying? :confused:

You were too engrossed to post, must have been good, some might say if you watched all the time instead of having some sort of computer hand you might enjoy it all the time more, but thats not me saying that mind heh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sian2011 wrote: »
    Lol we are allowed to have our own opinions and feelings regarding the storyline you know. Not everything is always black and white and sometimes a little bit of empathy is a human emotion. God someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

No people who hit other people are ALWAYS wrong there is no black and white about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right?

They haven't helped Tyrone's case by surrounding him with such unlikeable characters.

What has Tina done that's so terrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    No copies made eh?:rolleyes::(

Tyrone is such a moron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    You Can Retrieve The Photos !!!

He is much to thick to believe that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Corrie for completely ruining Eileen tonight.

How could you possibly ruin Eileen. she was the Corrie version of Ponpeii years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz should ask Kirsty for acting lessons. Lord that girl is terrible.

She isn't that bad honestly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may as well have!

What on earth was the armed police van all about he's hardly Charles Bronson! :rolleyes:

It was a normal police van, hardly armed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Wow! By the way they were treating Tyrone, you would think they had just caught a serial killer!

Rather realistic for GMP they have done far worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    by doing a neat swerve on top of the stairs, causing Kirstie to fall headlong down the stairs

They hear a violent argument next door and then see Kirstie seriously injured. What are they expected to think?:confused:

Did you never see Leanne's father:confused:

She worked at the local nick but always has to remind every officer she sees that she used to be in the Police:confused:

Stupid statement by Tyrone:rolleyes:

a bit of co-operation by Tyrone could have avoided all that:rolleyes:

You do realise there a lot of officers in GMP she wouldn't know them all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Perhaps they'd listen to their good friend Tirrone.

Who got very angry and bitter when Molly left him (And died)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No people who hit other people are ALWAYS wrong there is no black and white about it.

So mental problems are nothing to feel sorry for? So indicative of the attitude of the majority of this country. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So mental problems are nothing to feel sorry for? So indicative of the attitude of the majority of this country. :rolleyes:

What mental problems?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were too engrossed to post, must have been good, some might say if you watched all the time instead of having some sort of computer hand you might enjoy it all the time more, but thats not me saying that mind heh.

Crikey, who peed on your Frosties?:D I am practically a posting virgin compared to some soapies!:eek: And if the shows are ever even half as entertaining as the thread, I will happily send my computerised arm to the scrapyard.

Now stop picking on me you anti-poll old Grump. :mad::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What mental problems?

You think uncontrolable anger and physical reaction is the workings of a sound mind??????? I give up, someone obviously likes playing under bridges.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis central presents its very first attempt at An Analysis of Coronation Street characters.

First a few notes to take into account compared with emmerdale.

Corrie is somewhat more difficult to analysis since many Corrie Characters are still two/three dimensional with sometimes proper fairly well thought through storylines, bear in mind I said sometimes since like all soaps some storylines stink like that factory in France. This will change hen the new evil Demon Producer Blackburn begins casting his anti magic and irons out all those 3 dimensions into one dimensional one note whineing moaning shadows of their former selves like he did on Emmerdale.

Also a problem on emmerdale for Analysis is humour which still despite everything still exists on Corrie to various degrees, this will also change with the arrival of the evil Demon and cease to exist, goodness knows what he will make of Mary or Norris, dread to think what will happen to those 2.

To aid the arrival I have introduce the Evil Demon Blackburn index (The EDB Index which will mark from 1-10 of whether he will approve of them and what effects he might have. 1 says blackburn will ahve trouble with them and 10 that he will be delighted with them.

Also the chances of surviving to the end of Blackburns reign mark
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think uncontrolable anger and physical reaction is the workings of a sound mind??????? I give up, someone obviously likes playing under bridges.:yawn:

Whilst I agree that Kirsty has mental problems as a result of her upbringing, I do not think this excuses her behaviour. She could have sought help to work through her issues when Ty was very supportive of her, she chose not to.

Also I don't agree that her anger is uincontrollable. If it were she would alway hit Ty behind closed doors where no-one can see. She'd lose her temper in the pub or street or something but no, she holds onto her anger until they are alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I already said hitting someone is wrong in any circumstances its you who seem to be claiming its ok and should get away with it if you have anger issues.

Its not me whose the goat muncher, look elsewhere possibly in a mirror.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Catch up greetings cocks!:D

Thanx for the thread agatha:)

Pleased that Corrie won the NTA, and very disappointed that Nat didn't win.:( I don't watch any other soaps so I don't know what she was up against. I was surprised that Alan was even nominated, let alone won. Hes okay on screen but I don't rate him as a stand out performer by any means. (Slightly better tonight though).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of Coronation Street Characters.

1) Kirsty - Has anger issues, has the ability to take flying leaps down stairs. Also is much better at talking than Tyrone so finds it easier to convince people of her version of the truth, she doesn't show her anger to other people so people would understandably find it hard to believe that she is the violent one, she know how to manipulate people. Very good actress.

EDB Index doesn't apply because chances of staying on the show beyond this storyline is minimal.

2) Tyrone - is own worse enemy, for months he has been alienating and turning away people who do believe him, didn't back up the bruise photo's, doesn't hide things properly and started an affair which automatically loses him some sympathy with some people, deliberately causing arguments with a violent person isn't sensible and should have left the house the moment Kirsty arrived. If he had got a simple DNA test non of this wedding nonsense would have happened but he is a total moron.
    EDB Index 6 Diificult for Blackburn to turn bad but may turn into a price moaner like Katie from ED
    Chances of Surviving Blackburn 7

3) Fiz should have out of it and not got with Tyrone is very bad at giving legal advice and has terrible taste in men, not as bad an actress as some make out.
    EDB Index 9 Already has the ability to whine and moan for england
    Chances of Survival 10

4) Sally - Horrible always believes the worst in people even her friends.
    EDB Index 10 Already a nast person plenty for blackburn to work with
    Chances of Survival 10

5) Kevin - What he ever saw in Sally is mystifying, what he see's in her now even more so, slightly more open minded than sally.
    EDB Index 7 low now but could turn nasty at Blackburns bidding.
    Chances of Survival 8

6) Eileen - Always ready to think the worst of any man, choosing to not believe Tyrone over Kirsty, never been that good a character.
    EDB Index 10 another moaner for England very easy for Blackburn to work with.
    Chances of Survival 10 as if Blackburn would get rid of her

7) Sean - Where to begin with this foul snivelling whiny creature, on a par with Aaron from ED in my levels of hatred towards him has no nice or redeeming qualities whatsover, why anyone would ask his worthless opinion like Tommy did in this ep is beyond me
    EDB Index 11 (he broke the index) EDB will simply love him
    and turn him even worse
    Chances of Survival As long as he creeps upto his boss with plenty of smarm he is safe forever.

8)Soap Police - as useless as ever.

9) Tina -Thinks of others is relatively nice what is too hate, cares about other people - Good character.
    EDB Index 5 scope for Blackburn to turn rubbish
    Chances of Survival - depends on her real life love life

10) Tommy - Bit of a useless lump - surpless to requirements.
    Edb Index 9 Only good from EDB's point of view is he is a prize moaner.
    Chances of Survival Hopefully none

11) Paul - Subsumed into Eileen meraning they are effectively the same person
    Edb Index 7 Will stay until uncouples fron eileen
    Chances of Survival 6 until eileen bores of him which she will.

12) Julie - Bit pointles, supporter of believer of Jirsty but this idiot will believe anything she is told.
    EDB index 2 too nice but scope for moaning.
    Chances of Survival 6

13) Headmaster whatever his name is - has no proper character so doesn't count here

14) Michelle - bit of a busybody
    EDB index 8 already proved her ability to moan and whine.

There was no-one else worth bothering with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, love the Analysis, kwynne and hard to disagree with most of it. If your index is correct, it looks like we won't be seeing any mass cull any time soon.

I'm not such a fan of Fizz as you though and I really hope she doesn't get to live happily ever after with poor Ty. That lad has suffered enough. :mad:

Fizz (like ED Dobbeh) doesn't remember she has a daughter of her own, how is she going to keep track of Roobeh as well? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Lol, love the Analysis, kwynne and hard to disagree with most of it. If your index is correct, it looks like we won't be seeing any mass cull any time soon.

I'm not such a fan of Fizz as you though and I really hope she doesn't get to live happily ever after with poor Ty. That lad has suffered enough. :mad:

Fizz (like ED Dobbeh) doesn't remember she has a daughter of her own, how is she going to keep track of Roobeh as well? :confused:

Surely she will get Anna to look after her like she does with Hope now.

Most of the character likely to get axed weren't included in the analysis

Analysis would suggest
    Dev _ However moans a lot so might stay. And his children if they don't go when there mother does.
    Nick
    Katie She's much too good to stay in this nonsense
    Kirk
    Maria - Her head will get too big after being on DOI
    Kylie - Another Actress much too good to waste her time with Corrie.
    Gary - Hopefully killed off
    Izzy and her father
    Mary - EDB won't have anytime for her.
    Rita - EDB doesn't really like older character.
    Nigel Havers - Don't know why he is slumming it there in the first place he has worked with Sally Field you know.
    Norris EDB won't understand him.
    Rob - the deadwood will need trimming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely she will get Anna to look after her like she does with Hope now.

Most of the character likely to get axed weren't included in the analysis

Analysis would suggest
    Dev _ However moans a lot so might stay. And his children if they don't go when there mother does.
    Nick
    Katie She's much too good to stay in this nonsense
    Kirk
    Maria - Her head will get too big after being on DOI
    Kylie - Another Actress much too good to waste her time with Corrie.
    Gary - Hopefully killed off
    Izzy and her father
    Mary - EDB won't have anytime for her.
    Rita - EDB doesn't really like older character.
    Nigel Havers - Don't know why he is slumming it there in the first place he has worked with Sally Field you know.
    Norris EDB won't understand him.
    Rob - the deadwood will need trimming.

Just saw Sharon Marshall (soap queen) on TM and she says there is no cull planned anyway. Lewis apparently filmed his last scenes in November, so nothing to do with SB and they haven't yet made plans to get rid of Krazy. Nevertheless, I do fear for some of the older characters as time goes on, but there would be outrage if he tried to get rid of Rita or Norris, (specially from me).:mad: