Cat saves boy from dog attack

Comments

• rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody animals can turn in an instant. Good job the cat was there. It could have been so much worse.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Where did the film footage come from? CCTV? I would have got my child to safety first if I knew the dog was still around.

It looks like someone has a security camera attached to the front of their house. And I agree. I would've grabbed him and took him into the house.

Wonder what the owner of the dog is going to say.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Where did the film footage come from? CCTV? I would have got my child to safety first if I knew the dog was still around.

I rsckon the woman was still sensing danger from the dog and ran to head it off.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    It looks like someone has a security camera attached to the front of their house. And I agree. I would've grabbed him and took him into the house.

Wonder what the owner of the dog is going to say.

Two at least; probably three.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Terry N wrote: »
    Just take a look at this. :kitty:

http://youtu.be/C-Opm9b2WDk

Way to go, puss dude!
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I rsckon the woman was still sensing danger from the dog and ran to head it off.

My heart was in my mouth when she left him there and when he got up to run away.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad 'RogerBailey' is now an inactive member. He would have been defending the dog.
  • Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Way to go, puss dude!

The day has finally come.

Jeff Lebowski - you will have to bow down to this cat, who is now, officially, from this day on,

The Dude.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that cats getting a deep rub on is forehead.... Cats love that shit....
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to read the thread first to make sure the cat was ok before I watched the video.

Go kitty :kitty: :kitty:
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    They had two camera angles.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    They had two camera angels.
    Did they protect the cameras from the dog?
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When we were kids my little brother was bitten by a cat and when i was 12, my mate was chased down by a dog and bitten on the bum.

Both animals can be dangerous

However both animals can be loyal

IMO dogs should be allowed to wonder alone without a leash and owner
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    njp wrote: »
    Did they protect the cameras from the dog?

I spell one thing , my phone overrides me and does what it wants and I don't check. Blame the phone.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our lovely jack Russell was scared of cats. She had to be put to sleep earlier this year. Still miss her.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    When we were kids my little brother was bitten by a cat and when i was 12, my mate was chased down by a dog and bitten on the bum.

Get run over, cause traffic accidents, crap all over the place? That was sorted out years ago, thank goodness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »

Surely you mean, "should not" ?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw. Family pets can be so incredibly loyal and brave. A friend's hamster actually once bit me when I play-fought the childhood friend.

That cat deserves a lot of loving attention. I'm sorry for the dog, though, for having such an irresponsible owner.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dog should have removed or under control, child should have been closely supervised.

The full version almost looks like the Mum is using the kid as bait :confused:
    Hence why she dives out of the way and let's her injured son run for his life!!

They were all lucky, an unpredictable dog was loose, they should have all gone inside and kept safe.

Any cat like that round mind way would pick on the wrong dog ;)
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    The full version almost looks like the Mum is using the kid as bait :confused:

This is some kind of joke right?
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone give that cat a tuna steak!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top Cat! :cool:
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    The day has finally come.

Jeff Lebowski - you will have to bow down to this cat, who is now, officially, from this day on,

The Dude.

The cat is a female, named Tara. I doubt she would like being called "The Dude."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    The cat is a female, named Tara. I doubt she would like being called "The Dude."

"The Heroine" then. Because she sure as hell is one :)
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years back some police came to our door with a huge alsation on a leash, they were looking for somebody who had been seen breaking into a garden shed and were going door to door.

Our cat just attacked the dog, it was nuts. She's only small (burmese) hardly the size of the dogs head.
    So embarrassed.:blush:
    She's a bit older now and in ill health but she used to patrol the front garden and go for dogs if they got too interested in the gate as they went past.