Options

Breaking News - Alan Henning has been beheaded

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    He does not matter they have thousands who will step into his shoes.

I assume that IS will be destroyed when he's eventually caught.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People asking will our goverment act on this situation...will they do this...will they do that

Personally I don't think the goverment knows what to do... there just following the yanks with the bombings...Regarding our home grown problem they've no idea
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough is enough, something must be done about these subhuman species.
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Tourista wrote: »

Of course our government will do nothing.

We can bomb Iraq and Syria to kingdom come, but they won't do a damn thing about the problem we have with Islam in the UK. And why won't they do anything? Because they don't want to "offend" all these supposedly peaceful Muslims who seem to be remarkably quiet about all this.

I wonder what might happen if you were to mix a medieval barbaric religion with a liberal 21st-century Western society? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Next week on BBC2: Escape to the Caliphate. A wishy-washy, blinkered, do-gooding liberal couple from Islington with a budget of £750,000 search for a rural retreat in northern Iraq. Hoping for a warm welcome from the locals, they make plans for the first multicultural B&B in the country. How will things work out?
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think he will eventually be caught. I think the Americans will desperately try and get to him first.

The Americans will get him because they need to use him to fuel each parties political campaign. I doubt they actually care for "justice".
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never completely bought the "we had no idea" excuse from parents of radicalised teens and young adults. Maybe it's true in some cases, but one would assume, given that Muslim parents tend to be stricter than the norm, that they would monitor their children's internet usage quite vigilantly.

So if they have been monitoring their kids' internet, they would see they've been visiting jihadi sites, and ... what next? Did they try to talk some sense into them? If so, it isn't true that they "had no idea." And if they saw it and said or did nothing, then ... what conclusions can we draw from that?

That Muslim kids are just as savvy and as secretive as all kids! It can be as simple as that.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »

Of course our government will do nothing.

We can bomb Iraq and Syria to kingdom come, but they won't do a damn thing about the problem we have with Islam in the UK. And why won't they do anything? Because they don't want to "offend" all these supposedly peaceful Muslims who seem to be remarkably quiet about all this.[/QUOTE]

I've seen plenty of peaceful Muslims on my TV condemning IS and their barbarism - do you not watch the news?

Plenty !!! not hundreds or thousands just plenty.>:(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    The Americans will get him because they need to use him to fuel each parties political campaign. I doubt they actually care for "justice".

I disagree. I wouldn't like to be him when America takes him onto their land.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder what might happen if you were to mix a medieval barbaric religion with a liberal 21st-century Western society? I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Next week on BBC2: Escape to the Caliphate. A wishy-washy, blinkered, do-gooding liberal couple from Islington with a budget of £750,000 search for a rural retreat in northern Iraq. Hoping for a warm welcome from the locals, they make plans for the first multicultural B&B in the country. How will things work out?

What ARE you talking about? Are you seriously trying to blame the beheading of a hostage in Iraq on liberals from Islington? Do you suppose that Isis are powered by members of the Islington Liberal Democrats? One of the very silliest posts on a thread full of silliness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Last month, two high-profile imams in the UK made a direct appeal to IS to release Mr Henning.

Holding him captive is "totally haram [forbidden]" under Islamic law, the clerics said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29485405

Two. Two out of how many?! Absolutely disgraceful >:( Why aren't they all condemning these brutes?!

RIP Mr Henning - you're a braver and better person than most.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    That Muslim kids are just as savvy and as secretive as all kids! It can be as simple as that.

Exactly ............if they've grown up with strict/over protective parents all their lives they will have no doubt become very adept at hiding what they don't want their parents to know.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    think its time to unleash israel on them, we know how much muslims hate jews and they wont go to heaven if they get killed by they consider infidels :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [

:confused: What is your point? Just about every major Muslim organisation and leader in the UK has come forward to condemn Isis. So what are you asking for?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm somehow more shocked by this than I was by the previous beheadings - most probably due to the emphasis in the media of his charity work and the pleads from Imams to spare him as his murder would eradicate any trace left of rationale in their "crusade" and any credence in their obeisance to the word of God. It's as if this were the ultimate proof - if it were needed - that IS are connected to Islam in name only and are nothing more than well-armed human failures.

In particular to watch Martine Croxall on BBC News struggle to maintain composure as the news came in was heart wrenching. It must have been painful to read.

What a mess. What an intricate mess. It seems any solution thinkable cannot sit easily in both the mind and the heart.

But at least Alan Henning has been guaranteed a sort of life beyond death. As despicable as this act is, he has been celebrated worldwide in the process. A good man and his deeds were celebrated. I think we should take that as a win for now.

Further wins will be gained through the air strikes, I'm sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a surprise. The hostages in their videos are all as good as dead unless special forces can rescue them.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Imagine how Alan Henning himself would have felt if he knew people were fantasising about killing innocent civilians for no reason other than that their towns and villages have been overrun by Isis.
    No one has been 'remarkably quiet'. You must surely have seen the number of Muslim leaders and organisations who have spoken out against Isis, condemned them utterly and pleaded with them to release the hostages. Why are you lying and pretending that they have not?

Many of them spoke out for the first time in support for Alan Henning. Alan Henning being a man who works for a Muslim charity, of course. They only got involved when a man linked with their damn religion was threatened.

Keep on burying your head in the sand if you want to. We've got a hell of a problem with Islam in the UK. All these people supporting and going out to fight for IS are KIDS. Young people, the next generation of Muslims who live right here in the UK. Islamic extremism is on the rise in the UK and our government is doing almost nothing to stop it.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I assume that IS will be destroyed when he's eventually caught.

Just wait till we arrest him, bring him back and put him on an ASBO then they know we mean business..............they are laughing at us.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Imagine how Alan Henning himself would have felt if he knew people were fantasising about killing innocent civilians for no reason other than that their towns and villages have been overrun by Isis.

No one has been 'remarkably quiet'. You must surely have seen the number of Muslim leaders and organisations who have spoken out against Isis, condemned them utterly and pleaded with them to release the hostages. Why are you lying and pretending that they have not?

Do you mean the 1,000s who are protesting in the streets ? Oh wait they're not as the only protest in London was by Kurds. Madar Zahran a Muslim activist tried to organise a protest against ISIS and 50 people signed up. Contrast that to the millions worldwide who were up in arms about Danish cartoons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two. Two out of how many?! Absolutely disgraceful >:( Why aren't they all condemning these brutes?!

RIP Mr Henning - you're a braver and better person than most.

Hey..they don't have to ya know..if they don't speak out about it, it doesn't mean they approve of it. Do you hold this weird standard to Catholics and Christians when they do bad stuff? i bet you don't.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never completely bought the "we had no idea" excuse from parents of radicalised teens and young adults. Maybe it's true in some cases, but one would assume, given that Muslim parents tend to be stricter than the norm, that they would monitor their children's internet usage quite vigilantly.
    Naive, I'm afraid, most teens have phones & just use the net through there.
  • Options
    cattygirlcattygirl Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    So sad to hear this news, such a kind, brave man.
    If the world had more people like Alan it would be a much better place.
    Respect and love to his family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you want the hundreds and thousands to do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait till we arrest him, bring him back and put him on an ASBO then they know we mean business..............they are laughing at us.

Yes of course we'll just give him a community service and stop his pocket money for a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What ARE you talking about? Are you seriously trying to blame the beheading of a hostage in Iraq on liberals from Islington? Do you suppose that Isis are powered by members of the Islington Liberal Democrats? One of the very silliest posts on a thread full of silliness.

I was trying to illustrate - in terms that were clearly too subtle for some people - how mixing up cultures that simply don't mix, simply doesn't work.

Which is why we have people who were born here cutting off the heads of other people who were born here. In Syria/Iraq. Now do you get it?