Options

Flying Virgin upper class....

2»

Comments

• Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB1 There is a separate check in for Upper Class passengers and usually fast-track security. BIB2 Yes, the Economy passengers can see you at the Upper Class check-in. BIB3 No they don't. The economy class passengers also won't see you when you're in the Upper Class lounge either while quaffing your glass of Champagne.

Looks like there's a bit of oneupmanship going on here. :cool:

Putting aside the BS element of all this, whether economy and premium economy passengers go through the upper class cabin depends on the airport. Flying virgin out of Newark to London everyone does go through Upper Class because it depends on the set up of the air bridges at the gates.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll go on benefits so I can afford to pay 1500 for a return flight. What mugs we all are working and scrapping by, if we can live like kings on benefits.:D

The £1500 is the extra upgrade cost, that will be in addition to the economy fare.
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    linmic wrote: »
    :D I think we are all supposed to be be green with envy so you aren't playing properly ;-)

Oh really? I wasn't jealous, just think it makes him look like a knob!
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yawn.

Bore off you idiot troll.

I don't know. I'm as cynical as anyone but I'm not entirely sure this is trolling. Between this and the other recent threads it really does read like someone going through a delusional episode. I know it could be made up but... Something is off.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You get picked up in a chauffer driven car, if you're flying out from Heathrow then you arrive at the virgin upper class wing, away from the rabble. You're met by staff who walk you in whilst checking you in as you walk. Your bags are put in the hold as upper class so they're first off the other end. You then go through private security (premium fast track at Gatwick) ending up with access to the Clubhouse (max 3 hours) for your free food and drink. A smoke and a pancake too if you're lucky!

You then have 'leisurely boarding' which is basically 50 minutes before your flight - don't do it, stay in the clubhouse - Greeted with more champers when you get on board. More often than not, the upper class deck is upstairs in the plane. Again, away from the minions. You are able to freely walk the plane, whereas the minions are not.

When it works well, it's a great service. I would totally recommend doing it from Heathrow as that is the true upper class experience. Gatwick is nearly there but not the same...

Do it. Treat yourself once in your life. Upper class is always best done long haul. whatever you do, don't use the lay flat bed to sleep! Stay awake! Enjoy the food, the service and the bar!...and don't be 'that guy' when you see Will I Am sat across the plane ;-)

Well done phantom sneeze - you caught yourself a nice big fish.

@ Martin - phantom sneeze is a WUM / troll. He's invented a fantasy character who lives the life of riley solely on benefits. He's also prone to psychotic episodes, but this doesn't stop him from travelling the world without his carers.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I don't know. I'm as cynical as anyone but I'm not entirely sure this is trolling. Between this and the other recent threads it really does read like someone going through a delusional episode. I know it could be made up but... Something is off.

Possibly but I don't buy it. By sticking in the bit about spending an additional £700 to fly BA, it sounds like he wasn't getting enough 'bites' so tried to ramp up the controversy-meter by throwing in another potential red rag.
  • Options
    phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really need to purify my soul before I'm 30 or I'm stuck in this bad cycle of karma and my life is doomed, I need Moksha.

I currently have an appointee to look after my money, thats why I can save so much but if they refuse to pay for my travel expanses I'm going to get it annulled and get my benefits paid straight in my bank account again, they have to get power of attorney on me and for them to do that they need to satisfy I lack capacity which they can't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly but I don't buy it. By sticking in the bit about spending an additional £700 to fly BA, it sounds like he wasn't getting enough 'bites' so tried to ramp up the controversy-meter by throwing in another potential red rag.

Actually is was a second thought, I looked on BA after I wrote about Virgin Upper Class.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    I always travel first class - I don't appreciate being in with sweaty noisy crowds one jot. I want quality, in fact I demand quality. I don't want to be inconvenienced by waiting or seeing other people. I want what I paid for and I want it now thank you. I suggest you do the same phantom sneeze - its nice that we can both afford it as flying economy would be just HORRIFIC.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    You get picked up in a chauffer driven car, ..... clip
    Only on certain Business Class fares. My guess is the OP will be on one of the discounted business fares where the Limo service is not included. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only on certain Business Class fares. My guess is the OP will be on one of the discounted business fares where the Limo service is not included. :cool:

The Limo service is £1000 more and only travels with 75 miles to the airport.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member

Trust me, it's worth every penny.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really need to purify my soul before I'm 30 or I'm stuck in this bad cycle of karma and my life is doomed, I need Moksha.

I currently have an appointee to look after my money, thats why I can save so much but if they refuse to pay for my travel expanses I'm going to get it annulled and get my benefits paid straight in my bank account again, they have to get power of attorney on me and for them to do that they need to satisfy I lack capacity which they can't.

Agree. You definitely need purifying.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe, you are Trollhunter after all :D

He has posted this on other forums as well though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. You definitely need purifying.

Sectioning more like...
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Trust me, it's worth every penny.

75 mile catchment, true. £1000, not so true. You can do the guest list service for £240 on your tod!

I don't know if £1000 would really be worth being picked up in a glorified taxi cab. It's normally a volvo estate so it has enough room for your luggage...

A cab would be around £60!