Bob Quick, you're a prat.

13»

Comments

• Poison_FengPoison_Feng Posts: 3,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been watching coverage of this on both Sky News and BBC news this morning and I have seen no mention whatsoever of Ken Livingstone stating Boris forced Bob Quick to resign, so perhaps you could give a link.

Must teach you to google one day:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7991590.stm

Not quiet what he said on the news but he has a dig about being forced out which of course did not happen. He did the honourable thing and resigned.

Pity Jacqui Smith does not have any honour
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not quiet what he said on the news but he has a dig about being forced out which of course did not happen. He did the honourable thing and resigned.

Not just her either, a few more of her collegues could do with some boosting in the honour department.
  • Berties AssettsBerties Assetts Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely his head will roll? You get out of a cab at one of the most highly-photographed locations in the UK with highly-sensitive documents in plain view. Bravo.

he is a pratt and should have been sacked, certainly not allowed to resign, :mad:
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be most appreciated :)

Perhaps you could also teach me when and how I should use smilies in my posts ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be most appreciated :)

Perhaps you could also teach me when and how I should use smilies in my posts ;)

:) though your heart is aching
    :) even though its breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
    If you :) through your fear and :(
    :) and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shining through for you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) though your heart is aching
    :) even though its breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
    If you :) through your fear and :(
    :) and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shining through for you

That is one of my all time favourite songs by
    Nat King Cole one of my all time favourite singers, :)

They don't make them like that any more :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is one of my all time favourite songs by
    Nat King Cole one of my all time favourite singers, :)

They don't make them like that any more :(

I will hate myself for this, but I agree with you.

Just a shame he was not alive to sing with his daughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will hate myself for this, but I agree with you.

Just a shame he was not alive to sing with his daughter.

Have you ever seen it when she duets with her dad. I haven't but she was talking about it when she was a guest on the Paul O'grady show in February. Apparently Nat King Cole sings in a video and she sings with him.

Hopefully this link will work, it's the only one I could find on 'google' :p

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/unforgettable-nat-king-cole-duet-with-natalie-co/3649720483
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    I really think it is ludicrous blaming the media when the document should have been out of sight in a briefcase. It makes as much sense as blaming Robert Peston for the collapse of Northern Rock, it would still have gone bust if he had kept his mouth shut!

David Blunkett was on the radio earlier saying that the press shouldn't be allowed to take photos of people entering and leaving Number 10.

Shoot the messenger...
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    David Blunkett was on the radio earlier saying that the press shouldn't be allowed to take photos of people entering and leaving Number 10.

Shoot the messenger...

So why are press there then if they should not take photos, stange comment to make:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    blindness wrote: »
    A piece of incriminating A4 facing outwards from god knows what else he is holding, He could have put it in a tesco carry bag, nevermind a briefcase, but no, he just parades through a gallery of press cameramen with it.

What was wrong with using an A4 folder for such important documents?

He did appear to be holding two other folders in his hand at the time so how come he failed to keep such confidential documentation in a properly secured manner?

Still, at least he's had the decency to fall on his sword as a result but it could well have jeopardised a previously well planned operation which, as a result of his incompetence, had to be brought forward.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    slapmatt wrote: »
    They gave him a laptop, but he lost it - so they said he was allowed nothing more valuble than a plastic wallet.

He didn't leave it on a train by any chance did he? :D
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does this seem to keep happening? It's three times now people have done this. Almost makes you wonder if it's intentional.

nail on head..
  • coshamcosham Posts: 5,875
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    nail on head..

No i think the answer is that to many people in positions of power, are too incompetent to do the job professionally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosham wrote: »
    No i think the answer is that to many people in positions of power, are too incompetent to do the job professionally.

i dont.. i think the scenario was faked.. i dont know why and i dont care..
  • AVTalkAVTalk Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member
    i think the scenario was faked

Gordon will say that about the 'global' recession in about three year's time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AVTalk wrote: »
    Gordon will say that about the 'global' recession in about three year's time.

is that before or after world war 3?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    His resignation is a bit *odd*. Major Evul Islamist Turrist plot to occur over the Easter weekend, reports are that the arrests would have happened by today anyway, so why did he *have* to resign - all it's done is make events happen slightly earlier than they would have
  • Mr DoodlesMr Doodles Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt it time gordon brown/smith got all these big wigs together and make a pact to get some common sense back.

These arrogant idiots wouldn't know "common sense" if it fell on them from a thousand feet! :mad:

The sooner we get the chance to vote them out, the better! :rolleyes:
  • AVTalkAVTalk Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member
    is that before or after world war 3?

After. I fully expect Brown to declare war on somebody or other shortly before 3rd June 2010 so that he can 'suspend' the next general election.