Options

Celeb Liars

artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
Forum Member
✭✭
Following on from the Zelebs who manipulate the media thread, who are the worst Zelebs for speaking with a forked tongue?

Jodie Marsh was legendary for her lies.
High on the list would be KP, Peter Andre and Kerry Katona who have all been caught out lying (all with CAN at one point or another, too).

Any others?

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Katona - IIRC, she lied a couple of times about being clean from drugs.

KP - too many times to mention.

Lisa Riley - I read an interview with her once where she claimed that she goes to the gym and does 'intense cardio' every day and eats very few calories. Hmm, sorry love, but you don't get to be a size 30 dress size unless you eat MASSES.

Vanessa 'size 12' Feltz.

Colleen 'size 8' Nolan

Posh and her 'I haven't had a boob job honest' - when it was clear to anyone with eyes that her silly stickie out melons were not natural on someone of her frame.

& of course Lance Armstrong:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Katona - IIRC, she lied a couple of times about being clean from drugs.

Lisa Riley - I read an interview with her once where she claimed that she goes to the gym and does 'intense cardio' every day and eats very few calories. Hmm, sorry love, but you don't get to be a size 30 dress size unless you eat MASSES.

Vanessa 'size 12' Feltz.

Colleen 'size 8' Nolan

Posh and her 'I haven't had a boob job honest' - when it was clear to anyone with eyes that her silly stickie out melons were not natural on someone of her frame.

How did I forget him??? Bloody pants on fire, him.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Kim Kardashian about most things.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Vanessa 'size 12' Feltz.

Colleen 'size 8' Nolan

Ha! I do like VB but that was just so asking for it! :D

'Celebs lying' is an interesting topic as there can be bonafide reasons for 'lying', so not every celeb who has claimed one thing in public while being/doing something completely contrary in private is necessarily 'a liar' in the way that eg. zelebs like KK, PA, KP, JM etc are who, for the most part, 'lie' in order to maintain a media profile.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Katie Price, Danniella Westbrook and Kerry Katona are serial offenders, the last two for pretending to be clean from the gak when they clearly weren't.

"It were me bi-polar mess that made me sweat and gurn" (to quote The Queens of Pop)

Jodie Marsh has totally dropped off my radar but yes, her lies were legendary. So many to choose from but one of my favourites was when she said Mr Kipling stopped production to make all the French Fancies for her wedding cake - however, when an enquiry was made at the Mr Kipling factory, they assured that production had continued as normal 🙈😳😂

Joan Collins. Your face does not look like that because you kept it out of the sun my dear.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most celebs/zelebs are guilty to a greater or lesser degree - it seems to come with the territory.

IMO, Katie Price must take first prize - I doubt she's capable of giving a straight answer to anything.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McCanns many lies are on record.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mention for current reigning champion Tulisa?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Price, Danniella Westbrook and Kerry Katona are serial offenders, the last two for pretending to be clean from the gak when they clearly weren't.

"It were me bi-polar mess that made me sweat and gurn" (to quote The Queens of Pop)

Jodie Marsh has totally dropped off my radar but yes, her lies were legendary. So many to choose from but one of my favourites was when she said Mr Kipling stopped production to make all the French Fancies for her wedding cake - however, when an enquiry was made at the Mr Kipling factory, they assured that production had continued as normal 🙈😳😂

Joan Collins. Your face does not look like that because you kept it out of the sun my dear.

The "thieving gypsy kids" who "stole" her phone when she was about to provide "proof" of the affair she was having with her dance partner...that she never had.

Lulu and her magic water which makes old women look like they have had TONNES of surgery.

Likewise Kylie and her Astra cream.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Bill "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McCanns many lies are on record.

Are you trying to get this thread closed? :confused: Because I can't think of any other reason why you'd even bring up people who are absolutely not celebrities and really have no place on a realtively light-hearted thread about celebrity liars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I think most celebs/zelebs are guilty to a greater or lesser degree - it seems to come with the territory.

IMO, Katie Price must take first prize - I doubt she's capable of giving a straight answer to anything.

Disagree. KP lies about a lot of things but they have little impact on other people whereas Kerry Katona lies about really serious things that impact on her kids in a really terrible way. An example of that - if one is actually necessary - is her determination to go ahead with a wedding to a man that has 'doomed' written all over it for the sake of an OK! Mag fee.
  • Options
    Holly_EvansHolly_Evans Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Disagree. KP lies about a lot of things but they have little impact on other people whereas Kerry Katona lies about really serious things that impact on her kids in a really terrible way. An example of that - if one is actually necessary - is her determination to go ahead with a wedding to a man that has 'doomed' written all over it for the sake of an OK! Mag fee.

And KP has never done this?
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinitta - her age, although she isn't the first person to do this.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "thieving gypsy kids" who "stole" her phone when she was about to provide "proof" of the affair she was having with her dance partner...that she never had.

Lulu and her magic water which makes old women look like they have had TONNES of surgery.

Likewise Kylie and her Astra cream.

Didn't Marsh also have to retract her claim that she'd bedded Frank Lampard because it was a big steaming pile of doggy-doo?
  • Options
    Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »

The thread is about people who lie, not the reason and consequences, therefore I agree KP tops the list.

I agree with others about Lulu and her 'not had any surgery' claim.

Lance Armstrong; I had some sort of sympathy for him, but after seeing a prog on BBC a few weeks ago that soon changed, he was vile!
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Chris Brown claiming his violent attack on Rihanna was a one off.

The very unfaithful Tiger Woods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Marsh also have to retract her claim that she'd bedded Frank Lampard because it was a big steaming pile of doggy-doo?

Yep...she wasn't expecting his rather fast "Eurgh" reaction to her billy bulltish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And KP has never done this?

The differerence is the 'violence' factor. KP may have married for headlines but there's no comparison between Alex Reid/Kieran Hayler (attention-seeking idiots) and Mark Croft and George whateverhisnameis. Croft was an out and out abuser and this current one has addiction and violence issues. Those two things impact seriously upon and potentially endanger the lives of KK's children in ways that Reid/Hayler don't. KP can be rightfully accused of all sorts of selfishness but Katona is imo in a different and far more damaging league of irresponsibility.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth Gates when he claimed he hadn't slept with Katie Price and then had to retract it and admit it did happen.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie Anderton.....lies about her age, her smoking, her drug use, her plastic surgery. All in the public domain and the less said about her prostitute denials.......until a video was produced of her in action charging 5k a time and then suddenly it was the 'Bi-Polar that made me do it'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fern Britton and gastric band gate.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Kym Marsh/Ryder/Marsh/Lomas/Marsh 'forgetting' she had children.

Milli Vanilli.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah now! Zelebs don't lie. They "protect" their fans from the truth! ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Price