Options

bands/artists who should just stop

my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
Forum Member
✭✭✭
REM

the music they make now is exactly the same as it's always been, but slighly worse

Comments

• Options
    BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scouting for girls, every song sounds the same! :confused:
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REM

the music they make now is exactly the same as it's always been, but slighly worse

And I thought I was the only one that didn't like them. My ex was a huge fan, but I couldn't stand them. Every song sounds the same.

I used to be a fan, but I have to say Boy George. His voice isn't there anymore and his recent songs have been horrible. But he insists on going to endless 80's nostalgia shows and ruining everyone's good memories of Culture Club's hits. And everytime he's on tv, he's in the exact same suit and hat. Enough already!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Madonna. I'm sick of a 50 year old vagina being trust in my face.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J.shippo wrote: »
    Madonna. I'm sick of a 50 year old vagina being trust in my face.

And how does she do that? Madonna's not naked when she performs. I hate the ageism and sexism in the music business. There are some older musicians that are still great and some that should quit. It's not about age, but attitude and whether you put the effort in or are just going through the motions.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears
    Kylie
    Take That
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    And how does she do that? Madonna's not naked when she performs. I hate the ageism and sexism in the music business. There are some older musicians that are still great and some that should quit. It's not about age, but attitude and whether you put the effort in or are just going through the motions.

My opinion. Not in to old ladies tbh
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, anyone who still wants to keep going, and still gets people buying their records/paying to see them, good luck to them and let them carry on!
  • Options
    ElectroflowerElectroflower Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »

I don't think Madonna should stop making music, just stop trying to appear "cool." She always comes across as trying too hard now in music videos and stuff and doesn't seem to have the same healthy, genuinely charismatic vibe she had when she was younger.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    REM

Eminem' next single samples REM, so they might get a mini-surge of popularity again in the next few months if his song gets popular. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most stuff in the charts at the moment. :D
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REM

have you heard the new album?

it's maybe the best in 10 years. it's got the classic sound from automatic/time and the songs are decent

REM aren't exactly force fed to people on tv or radio, so if you don't like them, don't listen to them. it's not like pop acts that have the music everywhere

why should they stop? millions of people like seeing them play live, hearing new/old classic and rare tracks. i've seen them a few times and they were great all the time. once or twice i've seen them they released the performance on dvd

their music hasn't always been the same, it does chance. you have the early period, the mellow period, the rockier monster period and the later period.. if you were a fan you would know that, if you aren't a fan then it's understandable you don't like the music. just don't listen to it and your problem is solved
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    unique wrote: »
    have you heard the new album?

it's maybe the best in 10 years. it's got the classic sound from automatic/time and the songs are decent

REM aren't exactly force fed to people on tv or radio, so if you don't like them, don't listen to them. it's not like pop acts that have the music everywhere

why should they stop? millions of people like seeing them play live, hearing new/old classic and rare tracks. i've seen them a few times and they were great all the time. once or twice i've seen them they released the performance on dvd

their music hasn't always been the same, it does chance. you have the early period, the mellow period, the rockier monster period and the later period.. if you were a fan you would know that, if you aren't a fan then it's understandable you don't like the music. just don't listen to it and your problem is solved

What he/she said.:D
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronan Keating. *shudder*
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, anyone who still wants to keep going, and still gets people buying their records/paying to see them, good luck to them and let them carry on!
    Thats my view as well, why on earth should a successful act stop, just because some people dont like them?
  • Options
    MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocean Colour Scene come to mind. So dated now.
  • Options
    peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westlife
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

Exactly! There are plenty of 'artists' I'd like to stop very much, but why should they if they're enjoying themselves and making money?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REM

LMAO are you serious? I am not a big fan of REM but they make a difference and a ton of bands are influenced by them. If you would have said Sheryl Cole , Eminem or someone like that I would have agreed but REM? you must be sniffing glue today :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody Cee-Lo Green, never have I hated an artist as much - I'd actually prefer to listen to Justin Bieber any day! I don't why but I never liked Gnarls Barkley and his solo stuff is just as bad!
  • Options
    _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westlife

+ 1:yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody Cee-Lo Green, never have I hated an artist as much - I'd actually prefer to listen to Justin Bieber any day! I don't why but I never liked Gnarls Barkley and his solo stuff is just as bad!

I agree, except the part about preferring to listen to Justin Bieber. Cee-Lo Green is awful, i can't bear him. Whenever he comes on the radio in work i have to leave the room.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    + 1:yawn::sleep:

+3 Jesus!

PS LOVE Madonna. She can thrust her crotch in my face when shes 93 for all I care.

If you didnt know her age you wouldnt care so much.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    +3 Jesus!

PS LOVE Madonna. She can thrust her crotch in my face when shes 93 for all I care.

Or, more likely at that age, her crutch-or crutches.
  • Options
    ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just what I was going to say. Why should anybody stop releasing music/performing just because you don't like them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...It wouldn't be the worst thing if Lady GaGa fell into a pit of obscurity tomorrow...