***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 2) ***

Comments

• x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    A Burlesque medley would be good! Or come out to Bionic and then go in to a big show-stopper from the movie.

Yeah, true! :):D
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I think of it, the film is out in the UK in december. Would be a silly oppurtunity to miss out promoting it on XF. Simon loves Christina so i'm sure it'd work out fine.

Would be great if on the final she was one of the artists who did a duet with one of the contestents (like the previous years). She kinda did a duet type think on American Idol.
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Now I think of it, the film is out in the UK in december. Would be a silly oppurtunity to miss out promoting it on XF. Simon loves Christina so i'm sure it'd work out fine.

Would be great if on the final she was one of the artists who did a duet with one of the contestents (like the previous years). She kinda did a duet type think on American Idol.

This is what I'm hoping for as she'll be here promoting the movie anyway. It would be great exposure and I think she'd do a marvellous job.

A duet with Rebecca would be wonderful :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah an XF performance duet would be great! :):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I'm hoping for as she'll be here promoting the movie anyway. It would be great exposure and I think she'd do a marvellous job.

A duet with Rebecca would be wonderful :)

Yeah it would be great. Also, like you said...being quite heavily involved with it would remind people of Xtina if you see what I mean.
    x_hayes_x wrote: »

It would really put her back on the map over here i reckon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    Yeah it would be great. Also, like you said...being quite heavily involved with it would remind people of Xtina if you see what I mean.

I'd be so excited if she did XF! :D

I love the video bit where they play clips and show how many albums they sold and awards they've won etc. Think they'd have a lot to say about Xtina :)
    Forum Member

Yeah I agree, it would do! :):D
    Forum Member

I love the video bit where they play clips and show how many albums they sold and awards they've won etc. Think they'd have a lot to say about Xtina :)

Me too lol well when it's an artist that I adore like GaGa or Xtina! <3:):D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member

that's one of my favourite bits :D
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

Same here lol! :):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know, right!? I love that part and there's so much they could show for Xtina, like album sales, Grammys etc

I think I would be fit to burst if she were to perform!! :D
    Forum Member
    I know, right!? I love that part and there's so much they could show for Xtina, like album sales, Grammys etc

I think I would be fit to burst if she were to perform!! :D

Yeah me too lol! :):D
    Forum Member
    christina nominated for people's choice awards

you don't have to sign up to vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Says it doesn't exist! :p
    Forum Member
    Says it doesn't exist! :p

I don't know what it is, but everytime I try to post a link it doesn't exist! :eek:

so annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    voted for her People's Choice award!! :)

also, a duet in the Live Finals of The X Factor would be AMAZING!!! as the show finishes in the first weeks of December and Burlesque will be out then, she could sing a song from the film and maybe do a medley and be on the show prior to promote Bionic!

Also i would love for her to duet with either Matt (my favourite) or Rebecca, would love to see her perform with Matt and see how their vocals would correspond etc. Maybe perform Beautiful or Hurt together :) and of course could sing with Rebecca who did remind me slightly of Xtina this week when she peformed You Lost Me on American Idol!

also i think like Christina Matt and Rebecca don't rely on gimmicks (hope they make it to the final!) either way really i just want to see Christina show everyone how it's done! she has the stage presence, the artistry and of course THE voice! it's always all eyes on her when she performs :)

She's been away from the Uk TOO long! can't wait to see her again!

just listened to Little Dreamer on You Tube, and damn how i wish it was on the album! it's so beautiful, and i think it tells a story on how she may have lost a child when she miscarried or something, it's very uplifting and gets me all emotional inside, I love artists that make you feel their work and Little Dreamer should have been on Bionic!
    Forum Member

Good news! :):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE her Back To Basics Tour! finally own it on DVD! and damn it's so very vibrant and creative!

even though i love Britney's and P!nks Circus inspired tours, for me Christina's just nails it! it's just so authentic and retro and vintage and arty it's so very fitting to Christina's natural yet eccentric style really!

her vocals ALWAYS make me shudder and feel something every single time! and damn she knows how to look so FINE!!!! i love the woman, i really do! so very inspiring, attractive and has a fine focus with her music and image.

it's reasons like these that I feel so gutted that Bionic hasn't taken off like it should! it should have had so much more focus than expected, it was hotly anticipated by fans and the media and somwhat overhyped i think! and the media portray it like it's the worst thing to happen to music since ever! and it really is a fantastic pop album that so many people must hear!

the lyrics are genuine! (no popstar the past year has ever written a song that can be so emotionally relevant and punchy) the vocals are so pure and the songs are each so distinctive and make you apply a different emotion to each.

I reckon that had Christina not re-recorded a few songs and had RCA not meddled at the last minute we could have had her biggest era yet i find!

I mean when you hear Monday Morning, Stronger Than Ever, Birds Of Prey, I Am etc. you just feel so 'UGH!* about it because you want Bionic to be heard :(

Also i really want her to get on tour and back to the UK asap! Bionic live would be just beyond amazing! I hope they have something up their sleeves!

also, anyone else love Elastic Love?? i think it's just so very MIA and insanely fantastic, the sharp electronic grooves, the snappy and to the point lyrics its insanely slick! and comparing a romance to various elasticated objects and stationery is just so ridiculous it's cool!

the title song Bionic is also INSANE! i mean from the beginning explosion it grabs you and takes you for the ride!

actually, I don't think there's an album track i dislike now!
    Forum Member
    ^ I didn't like Elastic Love at first but now it's one of my most played Bionic songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I didn't like Elastic Love at first but now it's one of my most played Bionic songs.

^^^see catchy as heck! :) i personally didnt like I Hate Boys or Desnudate when i first played the album then on a third or 4th spin they grew on me much more!

i had to hear NMT a few times more too to get the feel for it!

also, I feel the Bionic era didn't really introduce a new Altero-ego for Christina, some say that she was the Bionic Woman and others Madame X (like on the photo beneath Prima Donna on the album inlay) and Xtina has returned etc. but unlike Xtina and Baby Jane Bionic didn't introduce that aler ego as such to the masses, (although maybe when she performed at the MTV Movie Awards she states in Bionic X-X-X-T-T-T-I-N-A! which imo is genius!) but i really needed more live shows from her :(

don't think any of it is over yet! cannot wait for Burlesque either, i have the soundtrack on pre-order now! :)
  • Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One US magazine is claiming Christina and Jordan split because she blames him for the downfall in her career. Apparently he was the one making her take long breaks because he didn't like her being on the road. She now thinks he has ruined her by making her do this.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Ha, that's typical US magazines for you. They are as full of crap like our magazines like Heat, Hello etc
  • Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Ha, that's typical US magazines for you. They are as full of crap like our magazines like Heat, Hello etc

Actually I'm believing it. It totally makes sense about why we never saw her out and about.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    But Xtina is private anyway. In her early career she wasn't, but there comes a time when you don't wanna be in the papers anymore. She is a grown woman with a child. There comes a time when you grow up and don't exposure yourself too much. Lady gaga will succumb to that in years to come.
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Donna2010 wrote: »
    One US magazine is claiming Christina and Jordan split because she blames him for the downfall in her career. Apparently he was the one making her take long breaks because he didn't like her being on the road. She now thinks he has ruined her by making her do this.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true either. We already have official hospital reports showing her face was in a right mess not so long ago. I've also noticed she has appearrance after appearance lined up for the next few months. Normally after a divorce you would want to hide but she seems to be getting herself out there. Almost like she is celebrating.

Its starting to look like Jordan might have been controlling her which is so sad when you think of everything she went through with her father.

Hopefully now he is gone she will get back on top.
This discussion has been closed.