Universal Job Match - Do NOT sign!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Your right.
    Lets hope none of that ever happens.

It already is happening.

People are airing grievances here about the crappiness of the new site, and your post was deriding us for doing it.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Free money anyone?

It's claiming back what you've already paid in when times were good.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    It's claiming back what you've already paid in when times were good.

In all cases?

When you have claimed it all back should benefits be stopped? Seems harsh to me.

I look forward to claiming my money back, will be worth a fortune, even allowing for inflation.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well give me your job then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soon as I'm finished with it I will let you know (and then claim back all my money I have put into the system)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wait? Seeing as it is so fun being poor, do it now and you can have the added bonus of worrying how to afford Christmas ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Could you cope with running an imaginary cat sanctuary, that can mysteriously teleport around the country and employ deaf, dumb and blind old women who can answer the telephone and speak multiple languages?. It's a hard job. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, yeah, I forgot about that. That fortune is probably in the form of piles of cat litter or Helen Keller's stolen DLA.:D
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    Lesnar wrote: »

Argos and superdrug are using workfare now?

Where are all the people now who shouted that workfare wouldnt replace real jobs eh?

I find this absolutely ridiculous. I did actually wonder why the argos here didnt have an ad in the window for xmas temps like they usually do but I figured they might have had it up for a day or so and had enough aps. Maybe not, by reading this.
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesnar wrote: »
    How long until someone posts something like "Why wouldn't you sign? Lazy scroungers!!!!!!!!!".

Oh there is a claimant advisor at my local Jobcentre and that's her stock answer to every complaint about anything.

If you know that a course is a load of crap and offers you nothing and refuse to go on it she will say "Why do you not want to do something that is designed to help you" - Whatever you think is of no importance and you are wrong is her response to anything you have to say in reply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you cope with running an imaginary cat sanctuary, that can mysteriously teleport around the country and employ deaf, dumb and blind old women who can answer the telephone and speak multiple languages?. It's a hard job. :D
    After a busty week at the sanctuary I wish it was imaginary. Sadly our work load is at record levels, and its not even post Christmas.
  • mesonychidmesonychid Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have been told to sign up to this as well, also i have to attend a college course from next week to improve my computer knowledge ? i am too worried to say i dont want to go on it as i dont want a job in computing ,i rarey use them and it isnt the sort of thing i put down as im looking for .

what happens if i dont attend ?

i am only on jsa after failing one of them atos interviews and its been a nightmare ,i feel i have to do everything they tell me.

i already have a part time job and will be on anti depressents proberly forever .
    my doc says he will give me sicknote but will i just dont know as atos say im fit for work which i am most definitlly not !
    so back to my original point,do i have to attend the computer course ?
    cheers in advance.
    Forum Member
    If you refuse the course you might be sanctioned. But you can refuse to sign up to this site, despite what you are told by the advisors.
  • mesonychidmesonychid Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you refuse the course you might be sanctioned. But you can refuse to sign up to this site, despite what you are told by the advisors.

thanks, so what do i say why i wont sign up to the website ?
    Forum Member
    mesonychid wrote: »
    thanks, so what do i say why i wont sign up to the website ?

If you go to the second link in the OP, theres something you can download and print off to show them. If you have a printer that is.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother signed on today, and his adviser gave him some information about Universal Job Match, she told him it is not compulsary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh **** sake I've just signed up to this. :(

I just got a six week sanction because apparently I no-showed an interview last month. The interview that I'd never heard about! Apparently the employer phoned me and spoke to me on the phone and confirmed an interview time and I failed to show up. :confused: News to me. And when I asked them for proof of this phone call they refused to tell me.

They also went a step further and said apparently I WENT to another interview but showed inappropriate conduct and was late?! :eek: And the day that this supposed interview was on, was a day that I was in college. I put in two complaint forms and demanded to speak to someone in charge but all I got was a letter through the post saying I wasn't being paid for six weeks and i'd to apply for JSA again.

They're a ****ing nightmare. I can't take any more of their shit. :( I've been on there since February and they treat me like scum. I apply for jobs every day and am constantly searching for them but there's only so much I can do and I don't fancy my chances considering i'm a 19 year old male with very minimal experience, no driving license and in college 13 hours a week! I can barely afford to life and the JS are making me jump through hoops for them and making me apply for any job they find, no matter how unsuitable it is. They even made me apply for a "Bar Staff" role where it CLEARLY stated on the ad that applicants had to have bar experience. They patronise me, they mock me, they leave me sitting there for 20 minutes on the seats (and one woman comes back from lunch every time i'm in and gives all the benefit claimers a glare, I even heard her say to one of her pals "are they **** looking for work, look at them" :eek:).

I HATE THEM!!!
    (rant over, sorry, had to get it off my chest. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone like me who's stuck on the JSA programme. It's a mess and I hope everyone can find work soon!)
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you have a right to question all and any decisions they make and escalate it to another level.

They can't just say that things happened, provide no evidence to back up what they say and then stop your benefits.

Don't all letters what a decision in then have a line say "What to do if you disagrees with this decision"?

I'd take it as high as I could as if they stop your benefits you have nothing to lose. They can't act like a kangaroo court and not back up what they claim with evidence that they have to show you.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know that a course is a load of crap and offers you nothing and refuse to go on it she will say "Why do you not want to do something that is designed to help you" - Whatever you think is of no importance and you are wrong is her response to anything you have to say in reply.

Exactly what most people thought on the course I was on up until yesterday when it unexpectedly finished with 2 sessions still to go

You could understand their frustrations though as most of the skills were rinse and repeats of other courses

I mean how many times can one have their CV un-necesserily altered to the way they think is suitable

When we did our summing up of their course yesterday, most were dis-satisfied, even I was even though I didn't say it out loud

I know the sessions only try to help but they only do what the JC and government tell them and report back to them

I remember one of my early sessions, it wasn't a very good start as I was informed I didn't attend one session when I did and got a threatening letter from a Decision Maker

Apparently it was a glitch in their system as loads of others had the same letter from the DM even though they attended

And it didn't get any better, as it was a total shambles and disorganised from start to finish

Advisors constantly changing so we never had much consistency then the main advisor p'ing off to a cushy job upstairs.....

The list is endless
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    What absolute rubbish.

Just because someone is seeking work, does not mean they have to be treated like rubbish, spied on constantly, have their rights to privacy removed and are not allowed to air grievances about how crap the new site is compared to the old one.

The old one was functional, easy to navigate if a little idiosyncratic, and there was no need to give up privacy rights and be spied on. The new one is, at it currently stands, a complete mess. If no one complains how can it ever be improved?.

It is completely unreasonable, given that this new site will be the basis for the new signing on and job search systems from next year, to have someone risk being sanctioned just because the site thinks a town with a similar name in Kent is within 20 miles of Newcastle and the person doesn't apply.

The new site is horrendous. If it's suposed to 'help', then it isn't. If they think they are spying on me through my job search, they can think again too. I wouldn't hand my pin code for my debit card over to anyone, so I'm not handing any other passwords out either.
    Your right.
    Lets hope none of that ever happens.

Have you had the misfortune of attending the job centre recently?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Oh **** sake I've just signed up to this. :(

I just got a six week sanction because apparently I no-showed an interview last month. The interview that I'd never heard about! Apparently the employer phoned me and spoke to me on the phone and confirmed an interview time and I failed to show up. :confused: News to me. And when I asked them for proof of this phone call they refused to tell me.

They also went a step further and said apparently I WENT to another interview but showed inappropriate conduct and was late?! :eek: And the day that this supposed interview was on, was a day that I was in college. I put in two complaint forms and demanded to speak to someone in charge but all I got was a letter through the post saying I wasn't being paid for six weeks and i'd to apply for JSA again.

They're a ****ing nightmare. I can't take any more of their shit. :( I've been on there since February and they treat me like scum. I apply for jobs every day and am constantly searching for them but there's only so much I can do and I don't fancy my chances considering i'm a 19 year old male with very minimal experience, no driving license and in college 13 hours a week! I can barely afford to life and the JS are making me jump through hoops for them and making me apply for any job they find, no matter how unsuitable it is. They even made me apply for a "Bar Staff" role where it CLEARLY stated on the ad that applicants had to have bar experience. They patronise me, they mock me, they leave me sitting there for 20 minutes on the seats (and one woman comes back from lunch every time i'm in and gives all the benefit claimers a glare, I even heard her say to one of her pals "are they **** looking for work, look at them" :eek:).

I HATE THEM!!!
    (rant over, sorry, had to get it off my chest. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone like me who's stuck on the JSA programme. It's a mess and I hope everyone can find work soon!)

A sign of things to come for a lot of people unfortunately with BC-Day coming in 2013 :(

BC = Benefit Cuts, for those wondering

Most of us are trying hard but obviously not hard enough for them behind the desks apparently

There's only so much one can do each week, what more do they want
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its lucky that these that didn't sign it yet can avoid it now so they will be not on the stupid system :)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojo07x wrote: »
    can someone tell me how you apply for jobs with out signing up?

It's not possible. The option to apply only appears on the vacancy page once you've signed up.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    mesonychid wrote: »
    i went ciitens advice before
    alll volutery workers

and they had not a clue but gave me websites to look on

i waited 2 hours to get told what i knew .

This place gets worse by the hour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It's not possible. The option to apply only appears on the vacancy page once you've signed up.

The only other way is to Google the company and area and apply straight to them, once you've seen a job on their shitty site.
This discussion has been closed.