Truly Scrumptious

dayzeeedayzeee Posts: 662
Forum Member
✭✭
For me Truly Scrumptious was the performance of the series. I loved it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved it too, but I do think the majority of its appeal and magic came from Gwion - I could see other girls doing it as much or more justice to it as Jessie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Yes, Truly Scrumptious was lovely, but to be fair; Gwion is just the definition of cuteness and that song adds to that.

I've said it before on other threads, but I'll say it again, just because I'm stubborn that way :p:

I think they should have had all of the girls perform with the boys more, throughout the series. I think it would have made a huge different for both the girls and the boys if we had seen more interaction. The way she connects with children is a big part of Nancy's character and I think if all the girls could have done duets with the boys, we might have had a completely different final.
  • Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chaperone wrote: »
    Yes, Truly Scrumptious was lovely, but to be fair; Gwion is just the definition of cuteness and that song adds to that.

I've said it before on other threads, but I'll say it again, just because I'm stubborn that way :p:

I think they should have had all of the girls perform with the boys more, throughout the series. I think it would have made a huge different for both the girls and the boys if we had seen more interaction. The way she connects with children is a big part of Nancy's character and I think if all the girls could have done duets with the boys, we might have had a completely different final.

Hear hear Chaperone.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    dayzeee wrote: »
    For me Truly Scrumptious was the performance of the series. I loved it.

Aww I loved it too !! tbh haven`t been a fan of Gwion but their duet together was ace. Just the right amount of balance from both Gwion and Jessie.
  • grunsongrunson Posts: 390
    Forum Member

I totally agree and in general there was really not enough related to performing as Nancy in the show. If ALAHNM is Nancy's big song then it seems a little incongruous that the girls got to sing it after they were already knocked out.

However if they did do duets they probably needed to be a little more careful in choosing the songs and indeed the partners. I mean I know Sam was singing purely for herself in her duet and didn't really interact at all with Oliver, but she did seem to draw the short straw with both her Oliver and Singing In The Rain (it doesn't really work as a duet for me).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree, as usual! Even the two Nancy/Oliver performances they did show (Niamh's and Sarah's) were shown after the lines have closed; if they were shown on the Saturday I'm sure it would have made a difference.

I also seem to say this again and again, but I do think Sam got a raw deal in terms of her duet song. "Singin' in the rain" isn't about a child and an adult like the other two; it's not even a duet - so it's not very surprising that there wasn't much chemistry between the two, because the song didn't give them room for interaction, and the choreography wasn't as intimate as the other two's. I was also aware that they paired the youngest Nancy with the oldest Oliver and it didn't feel like a child-adult relationship, more like two individual performers on a similar footing doing their own thing, and as such wasn't the "awww cute" performance of the other two.
    Forum Member
    Ashrell wrote: »
    Completely agree, as usual! Even the two Nancy/Oliver performances they did show (Niamh's and Sarah's) were shown after the lines have closed; if they were shown on the Saturday I'm sure it would have made a difference.
    Oh, absolutely! And I even think the fact that Harry and Laurence already had the chance to show CM and ALW how they would perform with the older castmembers, might also have worked in their favour.
    I also seem to say this again and again, but I do think Sam got a raw deal in terms of her duet song. "Singin' in the rain" isn't about a child and an adult like the other two; it's not even a duet - so it's not very surprising that there wasn't much chemistry between the two, because the song didn't give them room for interaction, and the choreography wasn't as intimate as the other two's. I was also aware that they paired the youngest Nancy with the oldest Oliver and it didn't feel like a child-adult relationship, more like two individual performers on a similar footing doing their own thing, and as such wasn't the "awww cute" performance of the other two.
    Agreed again! :D
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the whole thing was unbelievably cute.
    If not unbearably cute.
    I couldn't stop smiling the whole way through it.
    I don't think that routine would have worked aswell with any of the other Nancys or olivers. I aslso quite liked Jodie's and lawrence's routine.
    Sam and Harry didn't look anything like Nancy and oliver together and the song was useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sam song was a pink elephant.......its an adults song which is not a duet. strange choice to give her if they were going for cute......
  • dayzeeedayzeee Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the link if you want a little treat.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gWdOX-_K43E
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really take to that Oliver...he is too.......i dont know.......just something...
    Forum Member
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    I dont really take to that Oliver...he is too.......i dont know.......just something...
    Ha ha, Casper, I think we all know by now who you wanted to be Oliver! ;) You never actually told us: how upset were you last week?
    Sorry for the off-topicness... :o
  • dayzeeedayzeee Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about Gwion. There is something rather self-conscious about him, but Truly Scrumptious was his best performance, I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song just came up on my shuffle! :p

I do love it, one of my favourites from the whole series :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, Casper, I think we all know by now who you wanted to be Oliver! ;) You never actually told us: how upset were you last week?
    Sorry for the off-topicness... :o

I know......can you believe it............I was in morning.:cry:

He was still head and shoulders better........some of them sound abit off tune....you heard it in the sam duet.

[email]lol@chaperone.................Jonn[/email]y was the best.:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes like a little gnome................not a streetwise kid.......lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hes like a little gnome................not a streetwise kid.......lol

I think he's adorable, Harry and Lawrence don't look very streetwise either. More like boarding school toffs.
    At least Gwion looks younger than he is. Oliver is meant to be nine or ten years old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's adorable, Harry and Lawrence don't look very streetwise either. More like boarding school toffs.
    At least Gwion looks younger than he is. Oliver is meant to be nine or ten years old.

I have to agree, before the final he was probably my least favourite of the three, but after seeing him and jessie in the duet, he was oliver definitely, he was so cute :D
  • Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niamh would have been best at Truly Scrumptious - she would be just perfect for the part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kez100 wrote: »
    Niamh would have been best at Truly Scrumptious - she would be just perfect for the part.

yea but she was the same height as them...lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think she was quite as small as Gwion...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeh Harry would have looked older. :D

Only joking. Don't take offence anyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashrell wrote: »
    I don't think she was quite as small as Gwion...!

I don't think she was actually short at all- she was one of the tallest, as far as I could tell! That's what annoyed me when Barry made that silly comment related to her being the same size as the Olivers (or something along those lines). Rachel is way shorter than her, for a start!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she was actually short at all- she was one of the tallest, as far as I could tell! That's what annoyed me when Barry made that silly comment related to her being the same size as the Olivers (or something along those lines). Rachel is way shorter than her, for a start!

What about Sarah too?! Less than 5ft, the wee little thing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Olivers would have looked like big brothers then.........if they had got Nancy..lol