Options

Week 9 dances

Comments

• Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Pixie, Frankie, Caroline and Mark look to have good choices - not songs I like but ones that should suit the dance. And Steve's, which I've never heard before, is growing on me.

Am I getting muddled or is 'Sparkling Diamonds' a version of 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend'? I wonder if Pixie will get the full pink dress Monroe look. Could really help her stand out from Caroline and Frankie if she can do it. Probable top score.

I wish Frankie's music wasn't so twee so much of the time. I'm sure she and Kevin will do a lovely VW but I may have to make the tea through that song.

Presumably the person at the BBC was so depressed at having to type the statement 'Mack the Knife by Robbie Williams' they couldn't bear to read it over and didn't see they'd got a dance wrong again.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jtnorth wrote: »
    Pixie, Frankie, Caroline and Mark look to have good choices - not songs I like but ones that should suit the dance. And Steve's, which I've never heard before, is growing on me.

Am I getting muddled or is 'Sparkling Diamonds' a version of 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend'? I wonder if Pixie will get the full pink dress Monroe look. Could really help her stand out from Caroline and Frankie if she can do it. Probable top score.

I wish Frankie's music wasn't so twee so much of the time. I'm sure she and Kevin will do a lovely VW but I may have to make the tea through that song.

Presumably the person at the BBC was so depressed at having to type the statement 'Mack the Knife by Robbie Williams' they couldn't bear to read it over and didn't see they'd got a dance wrong again.

What should it be please JT? Quick and I'll correct it... :o

ETA... I got ya... :blush: Slow on the uptake today
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    What should it be please JT? Quick and I'll correct it... :o

No, no, you're fine, I'm sure they intend it to say Robbie Williams. Sorry, Monkey. But to me it's Bobby Darin or Louis Armstrong. Just like they will credit some classic songs to Michael Buble.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, no, you're fine, I'm sure they intend it to say Robbie Williams. Sorry, Monkey. But to me it's Bobby Darin or Louis Armstrong. Just like they will credit some classic songs to Michael Buble.

Or Cilla :o:o
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin never really get the best songs it's annoying.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the music choices are so odd this year - I think JG has a hand in them here and on dwts off the top of my head can think of three cross over but there are more - last week artem danced to Black Betty and this week Tommy to Tainted Love Frankie and janel danced to America in consecutive weeks! think BTF as a whole has too much influence on SCD

this pic of one of our pupils has 8 dwts or scd people on it - and that does not include artem, pasha, anya, kristina or robin !!! im not sure if emma slater is on pic or not

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bendymixer/media/bendymixer054/btf_zpsc95cb490.jpg.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin never really get the best songs it's annoying.

dont like the song but it is a good v waltz after some of the music they have had will take it
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    although a dire track it is a slow samba

Is it? I think I'm thinking of a different song. Isn't the Macarena when you stick your hands out, shake your arse, and jump and face a different direction or was that "Saturday Night"?:confused:
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really excited for Pixie and Trents charleston.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Is it? I think I'm thinking of a different song. Isn't the Macarena when you stick your hands out, shake your arse, and jump and face a different direction or was that "Saturday Night"?:confused:

yep but the rythmm is a samba
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    yep but the rythmm is a samba

Either going to be amazing or dire, me thinks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Either going to be amazing or dire, me thinks

I think so too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yep it is same track but think as they have stated Nicole Kidman it will be as per Moulin rouge with the silver costumes and maybe the hat
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Some good song choices there, assuming Sunetra's song will be converted into Waltz time. I was worried about Jake's music at first, but then I remembered that his most popular routine was danced to Mambo No. 5 which... isn't much better, is it?
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone post a version of Frankie's song please never heard it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here I could actully see Jakes song working
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Can someone post a version of Frankie's song please never heard it

The yoof today, 'ey?

(here you are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga3I5DTIA-E)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good song choices there, assuming Sunetra's song will be converted into Waltz time. I was worried about Jake's music at first, but then I remembered that his most popular routine was danced to Mambo No. 5 which... isn't much better, is it?

Macarena is barely a song it's so awful, at least Mambo No.5 has trumpets. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The yoof today, 'ey?

(here you are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga3I5DTIA-E)

Thanks what is yoff meant to mean
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Thanks what is yoff meant to mean

Youth isn't it?
    AKA
    Yoof innit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway I dont like the song Fir Frankie
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does JG fancy Pixie or Trent or something? :D They never get the duff songs that the others do :p

If TPTB want to give Jake a novelty song for his Samba, I'm going to stick my head on the dance guillotine and say that 'Agadoo' would have probably been a better choice.........

*waits for a dance expert to chop my head off*

You never know though, the band might Samba-fy it like they did with Frankie's song (I'm pretty sure I've never heard that version anyway)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does JG fancy Pixie or Trent or something? :D They never get the duff songs that the others do :p

If TPTB want to give Jake a novelty song for his Samba, I'm going to stick my head on the dance guillotine and say that 'Agadoo' would have probably been a better choice.........

*waits for a dance expert to chop my head off*

You never know though, the band might Samba-fy it like they did with Frankie's song (I'm pretty sure I've never heard that version anyway)

I know Macarena is a horrible song but the los rios version is samba albeit a little slow whereas agadoo is not samba beat but finks you are just having a larf aren't you :D
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie does seem to have the best song - again! Been looking forward to a Trixie Charleston, even more so now.

Can see Jake's Samba being very entertaining.

Have a feeling Sunetra, Steve and Simon's dances might get lost among that lot and 2 of them will face the dance-off.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant wait to see how Kristina and Simon are getting on tonight on Ian's warm up and ITT.

Not too excited about their song but given some of the awful song choices that some couples had so far this year, it could have been worse :o:o