Options

Sun, Sex & Suspicious Parents

Comments

• Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    red_outlaw wrote: »
    The idea behind the show isn't a bad one and I quite enjoyed the first episode. As others have pointed out, however, there really does need to be an explanation regarding why the youngsters think they're being filmed.

I suspect the girls and the lads were told by the production team that they were filmed for the purpose of producing an 'Ibiza Uncovered' type programme rather than a programme made for the specific purpose of their parents to spy on them whilst they were on holiday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been done before with Kevin&Perry Go Large. The BBC must be running low on ideas.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Kevin and Perry Go Large was a comedic drama, not a documentary.

Although it is oft-said that there are only 5 or 6 story ideas, this is no excuse for lazily crticizing everything as derivative of something else, particularly when you then choose the wrong comparison!

If anything, in concept it is derivative of Boys and Girls Alone, the C4 programme from a year or two back where pre-teen kids were left to live alone in a big house for two weeks and observed by CCTV.
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    I suspect the girls and the lads were told by the production team that they were filmed for the purpose of producing an 'Ibiza Uncovered' type programme rather than a programme made for the specific purpose of their parents to spy on them whilst they were on holiday.

Applications were taken under the guise of it being a show called "Sun, Sea and Totally Free". The concept pitched to applicants was that it was a documentary focusing on teenagers first holiday without their parents. Once they had spoken to the teens they approached the parents with regards to the true concept.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My God, what a revelation, young people get drunk, act like idiots and have sex on holiday, I must keep watching.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a poor documentary. The set up thing, was a joke with the parents, and typical it showed all the bad of Malia.

I was there last summer and you go their clubbing etc for a week. We seen no fights or anything! Admittedly there will always be problems, Like a typical saturday night out in a city. So the documentary is a bit of a joke in that regard.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    i watched this and wondered something, the people taking part (this week Millie & Joe) are mic'd up and being filmed and supposedly don't know that their parents are there. so what do they think they are being filmed for? some kind of documentary on teen holidays :confused:
    Why not? There are loads of shows like this minus the parents, they probably just thought it was another one of those shows where the camera follows a group of teens go to biggest clubbing destinations... i watched a series of shows a couple of years ago

Also, the places they are going to show are the places I'm planing to go before I hit 21. Think I'm going to Malia in summer 2012.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the teens think it's a simple doc about abroad party scenes, like ibiza uncovered, no?
  • Options
    DiegoJusticiaDiegoJusticia Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason for filming probably not one of their first thoughts...

"Free/subsidised holiday? Yes, thanks!" ;):D
  • Options
    FangsterFangster Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    AJXX wrote: »
    Yes, I thought his dad wanted to say something really homophobic while watching some of the footage of his son *especially when he kissed the other guy*, but resisted because of the cameras./QUOTE]

Absolutely, the Dad was scary! Joe was far more mature!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    urt31 wrote: »
    Applications were taken under the guise of it being a show called "Sun, Sea and Totally Free". The concept pitched to applicants was that it was a documentary focusing on teenagers first holiday without their parents. Once they had spoken to the teens they approached the parents with regards to the true concept.

So they lied to the teenagers and decieved them? That is low :mad: :(
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob you poor bastard. :eek:
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    I've never been more embarrassed for anyone as i was for Rob just then :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was ridiculously embarrassing when they were in the strip club!
    Last weeks was better though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Applications were taken under the guise of it being a show called "Sun, Sea and Totally Free".

Cheers for the info, urt31 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been more embarrassed for anyone as i was for Rob just then :o

The stripper didn't seem fazed by it, at all...!! :eek::D

Sorry, but Rob's mother's way of talking was a bit irritating after a while...
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonights show was a little dull, the only interesting bit was the strip club reveal was just awkward and unneccasary. I think the whole premise of the show is a little off and weird to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonights show was a little dull, the only interesting bit was the strip club reveal was just awkward and unneccasary. I think the whole premise of the show is a little off and weird to be honest.

its definitely weird.

but weirdly watchable too.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had my hands covering my face during the revelation in the strip club... and then i literally was going red for him when she was unbuttoning his trousers and his mother was standing there.... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it me or were the girls more laddish than the lads in yesterdays programme? :confused: Especailly Holly!!:eek:

can't beleive that lad Rob was straigtening his hair and the lads were getting ready whilst the girls were out partying and getting wasted!!:eek:

The guys were far too tame for Ibiza, Last weeks lads in Malia were more lively and more up for a laugh!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    These must be some of the oddest people to go Ibza, looked more suited to a relaxing casual holiday just in bars, nothing wrong with that just not the ideal image for hardcore raving Ibiza.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fmgod wrote: »
    These must be some of the oddest people to go Ibza, looked more suited to a relaxing casual holiday just in bars, nothing wrong with that just not the ideal image for hardcore raving Ibiza.

Exactly, they seem like nice lads but they're not the raving type so goodness knows why why they went to Ibiza.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    Exactly, they seem like nice lads but they're not the raving type so goodness knows why why they went to Ibiza.:confused:

Offered a free holiday there by the BBC...? :D
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I don't know why I love this show.
    I actually preferred this show to last week's (which was ruined by Joe's OTT father).
    The strip club scene at the end was probably one of the most awkward moments I've seen on TV