Why Did Tony Blair give Sharon Osborne special treatment during his premiership?

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
Apparently he was so worried/concerned in 2004 when Sharon Osbornes house was burgled that despite barely being acquainted with her he wrote her a personal letter saying he hopes that it wasnt too stressful and upsetting for her and that not too much was taken.

Yet I seem to recall that at around the sametime there was some issue about him refusing to write or communicate with some bereaved military families and murder victims families?

Comments

• MoxeyMoxey Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's time you returned to Earth, Hilda.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Moxey wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time you returned to Earth, Hilda.

Pardon?Please explain
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember this but I would imagine burglary was much in the news at the time?

These things always seem strange to "future people" looking back on the time.
  • Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Pardon?Please explain
    Attack is often the best form of defence for the shill...
  • zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's a wealthy woman.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he was so worried/concerned in 2004 when Sharon Osbornes house was burgled that despite barely being acquainted with her he wrote her a personal letter saying he hopes that it wasnt too stressful and upsetting for her and that not too much was taken.

Yet I seem to recall that at around the sametime there was some issue about him refusing to write or communicate with some bereaved military families and murder victims families?

Sharon Osbourne was taking a keen interest in politics at the time. Both her and her husband had already met Blair and they'd been photographed together. No doubt Blair was after her endorsement - apparently so were all the major parties.
  • Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Sharon Osbourne was taking a keen interest in politics at the time. Both her and her husband had already met Blair and they'd been photographed together. No doubt Blair was after her endorsement - apparently so were all the major parties.
    Then they should have proposed offering plastic surgery free on the NHS :D
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarisse76 wrote: »
    Then they should have proposed offering plastic surgery free on the NHS :D

:D

What? And not have the chance to rub shoulders with the (ex) Rock Elite and remind them that you once played in a band yourself? Perish the thought...
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Does anyone really care 10 years later?
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps because Sharon is Jewish? Blair spent most his premiership licking the boots of Israel and maybe stupidly he thought being nice to Sharon would put him in good stead with them..
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Perhaps because Sharon is Jewish? Blair spent most his premiership licking the boots of Israel and maybe stupidly he thought being nice to Sharon would put him in good stead with them..

:o:confused::confused:
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    zahavi wrote: »
    she's a wealthy woman.

I recall Michael Howard during attendion to it at pmqs and contrasting it with Blairs indifference to something else but I cant remember what?
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he was considering going on X Factor and thought that his chances would improve if he ingratiated himself with Mrs Osborne.