Humax Need to Take Note!

White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Humax need to take note of this and add this via an update to their receivers - 2 truly great features in the new Manhattan:

1. The ability to add non freesat channels to favourites

2. The ability to create your own favourite based epg that you can swop with the pre-made one with 1 button press eg you can make a favourites epg consisiting of HD only channels and with a single button pres flick between it and the standard epg

They also need to simplify the whole favourites process. I've had my HDR 3.5 years and I still don't use favourites as its simply too complex and a pain. I want a simple 1 shot "add" button and a simple 1 press for favourite list button with an edit control in that window for if you want re-order to delete favourites. The current process is confusing and complex.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    +1 from me.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to the first bit, I think it's Freesat who don't want you to be able to add non Freesat channels to the EPG rather than Humax doing anything wrong.

Things have been locked down a lot with the G2 boxes, probably due to the custom firmware on the Humax HDR which added so much more functionality.

You can of course add non freesat channels to the EPG already on the HDR if using the custom firmware.

I've always found favourites on the HDR a bit baffling too and have never really bothered with it so I'd probably agree on that point. :)
  • Paul ReadingPaul Reading Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I have a FOXSAT HDR is there any way to upgrade it to get 4OD? I se the last poster mentioned that there is a firmware that will allow you to add non-FreeSat channels to Freesat channels. Where can I find this firmware and is there any documentation?
  • pingu123456pingu123456 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I have a FOXSAT HDR is there any way to upgrade it to get 4OD? I se the last poster mentioned that there is a firmware that will allow you to add non-FreeSat channels to Freesat channels. Where can I find this firmware and is there any documentation?
    No 4oD on the foxsat-HDR...
    your other question see here