Kathy's Return to the Square - EE

Comments

• PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knowing EastEnders, she'll be back working in the cafe within a few episodes, constantly crying about Phil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    PEARLY331 wrote: »
    Knowing EastEnders, she'll be back working in the cafe within a few episodes, constantly crying about Phil.

she will change it back to Kathy's too :D
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    she will change it back to Kathy's too :D

the neon light sign is waiting
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Having let her children think she was dead for 10 years she won't be in a position to make either of them do anything, particularly in relation to parenting.
    Depends how much say she had in the matter (I suspect very little and that she did it to protect Ben or both of them).
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Depends how much say she had in the matter (I suspect very little and that she did it to protect Ben or both of them).
    I really can't wait for them to explain why Kathy faked her death but I suspect you're right. RE: Ben. She probably wanted to protect Ben and maybe her husband, Gavin was involved in the fake death cover up. I'm getting really impatient for Kathy's return now. She is one of the most iconic characters and I desperately want to see Kathy reunited with Ian and Ben ::D
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Ian, Ben, Phil, Sharon, Dot, Martin, Carol, Sonia and Billy.

It's not a huge list but she will soon get acquainted with others. Lexi is her granddaughter so that opens up the possibility of interaction with Kathy and Lola.

Also although i don't think she will know Jane (I don't recall Ian having visited Kathy with Jane in tow before her "death" but could have done I guess) but I expect Jane knows plenty about Kathy and maybe even if they didn't meet Ian at least mentioned her on the phone or in writing.

I've seen posts where since Kathy's appearance in the live week posters have assumed Kathy has been that close to the square all this time, any reason for such assumption that I've not picked up on? Or purely speculation? we saw her leave on a plane so I assume she was at some point in SA (I do hope time frames are covered in her come back explanation)
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wont Kathy be arrested for faking her own death ?

What I dont get either is why Phil in the wedding episode was all set to tell Ian about Kathy before Ben walked in, seemingly as a matter of urgency, as if he had just found out himself. But then Ben walks in and next thing Phil is telling Kathy to stay away. I dont get it.

If it was Phil forcing Kathy to stay away all these years he would'nt be ready to tell Ian on his wedding day. This leads me to believe that Phil has only just found out recently himself, but has some hold over her to make her stay away.
  • SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Winston and Trace both know her too.
  • iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Wont Kathy be arrested for faking her own death ?

What I dont get either is why Phil in the wedding episode was all set to tell Ian about Kathy before Ben walked in, seemingly as a matter of urgency, as if he had just found out himself. But then Ben walks in and next thing Phil is telling Kathy to stay away. I dont get it.

If it was Phil forcing Kathy to stay away all these years he would'nt be ready to tell Ian on his wedding day. This leads me to believe that Phil has only just found out recently himself, but has some hold over her to make her stay away.

Seemed to me more that Kathy thought Phil would be able to help her return. Someone or something else is keeping her away.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know if she faked anything, also it wasn't in this country
  • Meg_BeechMeg_Beech Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Gillian has not started filming yet it seems and whoever is playing Gavin maybe kept hush hush until the 11th hour.

Thats if they even bring Gavin back Gillian said the key to Kathy's return is Gavin but he might be dead for all we know or she might have faked her own death because of him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    i just hope the explanation as to why she's be away so long and why it was necessary for people to believe she was dead is a good one.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian Taylforth has already filmed her second scene as Kathy DTC claimed last night at the BAFTA awards and Gavin is arriving too.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ssdd wrote: »
    Don't forget Winston and Trace both know her too.

can you imagine a three hander between Kathy and those two? Kathy doing all the talking and Tracey and Winston nodding and shaking their heads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Kathy knows if her Grand daughter is dead?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i wonder if there is a power surge and blackouts when it's over, people putting kettle on and not missing it, watching it with their jaw drops to the floor seeing kathy back haha
  • TimWilTimWil Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly sure that Ben's arrest is paving the way for Kathy/Gavin's arrival and that they somehow hold the key to Ben's vindication and release.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's back in three or four weeks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like the end of Tues 6th Ian & Kathy come face to face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's time Kathy had a big storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOC needs to sort Kathy out as a character- she has been wasted by DTC.

Buster leaving can only be a good thing for Kathy.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    SOC needs to sort Kathy out as a character- she has been wasted by DTC.

Buster leaving can only be a good thing for Kathy.

She should never have been brought back. The whole essence of what made Kathy Kathy was destroyed with her willingly walking out on her two boys. One a hearing impaired kid. That kid going to a violent alcoholic. She's just an empty shell of a character. If they'd somehow come up with a storyline that she was forcibly restrained from seeing them it may of worked but it's too late now.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her return has been a huge fail, sadly.

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to pair her with a non-entity like Buster? She barely spends any time interacting with her own family; she practically ignores Ben. What is the point of her being there? :confused:
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kathy and there have been some good moments since her return but overall it's been a huge fail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very disappointing for an iconic character like Kathy to be thrown on the scrap heap DTC really has damaged so many characters and SOC will either axe them or rebuild them. Kathy has an iconic place in the show and it's time he brought her back to the heart of it. The only other option is to kill her off but she still has a place in the show in my opinion and potential as a character.