Options

In need of advice

fairycakesfairycakes Posts: 4,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭
While walking my dog yesterday he was attacked by another dog. The other dog jumped up on his back and started biting him. This was yesterday morning but today my dog is still stiff and if you touch his back he trembles and whimpers in pain. There is no visible sign of damage but I`m not going to investigate as I could hurt him even more.
Should I go to the vet or just leave it?

Comments

• Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is trembling and whimpering in pain after being attacked by another dog then my advice is yes do take him to a vet!!
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes vet asap I would say. Sorry to hear your dog was attacked - it seems to be a daily occurrence around here these days :(
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fairycakes wrote: »
    While walking my dog yesterday he was attacked by another dog. The other dog jumped up on his back and started biting him. This was yesterday morning but today my dog is still stiff and if you touch his back he trembles and whimpers in pain. There is no visible sign of damage but I`m not going to investigate as I could hurt him even more.

Vets.
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would take him to the vet, just to get him checked over, incase there is any internal damage

My little dog Danny was attacked by two GSD's a while ago and it took him ages to get over the shock. He was very wary of everything for days after :(
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    fairycakes wrote: »

I'd take the poor boy to the vet, better to be safe than sorry. I hope he feels better soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I agree with everyone else. Vet visit asap.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    fairycakesfairycakes Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for you advice. :)
    I was just wary of taking him to the vets as it is a lot of money to pay out incase there is nothing wrong and hes just jumpy. But I think I will make an appt.