Really sad as I think my cat is missing. Any advice on how to find her?

Comments

• EyeLikeBeerEyeLikeBeer Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has really upset me. The thought of losing a pet really upsets me, as they are helpless. I am praying for you and hope that Kitty will find her way home safely and soon :) Keep your hope up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Hey just to let you guys know about 30 mins after putting leaflets through peoples doors we got a phone call off a guy in the next street :cry: turns out he ran over our cat on sunday night around midnight :cry::cry: absolutley devastated every now & then i keep bubbling up thinking about the little guy its got me in pieces i keep looking for him out the window even though i kjnow hes gone :cry:

I really hope kitty turns up i know how awfull it is when you dont know how they are,just keep looking & hopefully she will turn up safe & sound
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Suwwy I'm so sorry, how awful for you.
    But at least you know what has happened, I think the worst thing is not knowing.
    Will be thinking of you.
    Forum Member
    Thanks....Yeah it was i couldnt sleep at night thinking he could of been hurt or lost somewhere crying for home,its just so hard to take he was so small & we didnt have him long he was a birthday present for me in june
    Forum Member
    I know what it's like when they are missing, your mind runs way with you, thinking they might be in pain or lost, so it is at least a relief when you find out they are not suffering.

Unfortunately it is not uncommon for cats that age to get run over, because they are inexperienced and take risks that older cats wouldn't do. If you get another kitten, please do think about keeping it indoors after dark. Best wishes to you.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry to hear about your cat Suwwy :cry:

I hope you find your kitty soon chuck_wippl

x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sorry suwwy, it is a horrible thing to go through. At least you know now. Hope you are OK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww I'm so sorry to hear that. While I haven't posted I was hoping both would come home. :cry:

Four months can feel like a lifetime so it's no wonder you're devastated. I think the only option you have is to take comfort in the fact he isn't in any pain and isn't suffering. :(
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys appreciate all the messages,its so hard to occupy myself without thinking about him :cry:.....i keep asking myself if i could ever have another one :(

I would post some pics of "Tiger" for you guys to see what he was like but im not sure how to do it
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    suwwy21 wrote: »
    Hey just to let you guys know about 30 mins after putting leaflets through peoples doors we got a phone call off a guy in the next street :cry: turns out he ran over our cat on sunday night around midnight :cry::cry: absolutley devastated every now & then i keep bubbling up thinking about the little guy its got me in pieces i keep looking for him out the window even though i kjnow hes gone :cry:

I really hope kitty turns up i know how awfull it is when you dont know how they are,just keep looking & hopefully she will turn up safe & sound

Awww suwwy :cry::cry: I've just read this and am welling up :cry: I'm so so sorry for your little puss :(

I really hope you feel better. It's so sweet yet so sad that you still look for him outside.

Really hope you feel better soon ((((((hugs))))))

And thank you for still mentioning my Kitty. I'm still hoping she'll come back, but your post has really upset me for you and your kitty. So so sorry :(
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so sorry about Tiger too... how awful :cry: At least the person had the decency to contact & own up to it

Any news on Kitty? :(
    Forum Member
    Sadly.. No :( Still no Kitty :(

There have been lots of sightings though, but every time I follow them up, I don't find her or when I actually talk to the people, I find out the cat they saw isn't even ginger :rolleyes: But obviously I still appreciate people calling me up trying to help :)

My brother also sent me this video of a cute little 'Stealth Cat'. I know it's a bit odd considering my cat is still missing, but it's so cute I just had to share it with you

I love it's position at the 45 and 52 second mark :D

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1830253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww Stealth Cat is cute :D

You mention there was a mini forest nearby where Kitty was last seen. Could she have gone in there to hide & got lost?
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Aww Stealth Cat is cute :D

You mention there was a mini forest nearby where Kitty was last seen. Could she have gone in there to hide & got lost?

Yes, she could've. My sister and I have walked through it a few times already, calling her name still and shaking her treats. But it's pretty big and it gets really wide as you go in deeper. It also gets a lot more dense with brambles and bushes etc. I'm hoping she didn't get her collar caught or something.

I'm starting to lose hope though :( I know people have said that their cats have gone missing for weeks, even months on end and come back, but I'm just thinking the worst. I don't think she's been run over, but i think she may have been kitty-napped :cry: She's just so friendly and has no problem walking into peoples houses when she's receieved a stroke and a tickle off them :cry:

Just want her home. Bought her 4 cases of Sheba just before she went missing. She loves Sheba. She loves cheese too! :D
    Forum Member
    If she's friendly she may just have been adopted by someone who doesn't know who owns her - you say she has a collar but does she have a contact number on her ID? If not they would have no way of knowing who owns her. So looking on the bright side, she could have 'rehomed' herself; sad for you of course.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck finding Kitty.

Layla has gone missing too:(

She must have slipped out Wednesday night/Thursday Morning and we haven't seen her since:cry: We've called her and called her, searched next door (the house is unoccupied)

We've contacted all the vets and rescues in the area, postered the vets, pet shops and the corner shop and spoken to neighbours. We've also done the scenting thing - litter tray outside and my (worn) nightie pegged to the washing line.

Will be going out dropping leaflets in a mo. Our best hope is that one of the several 'older' people who habitually feed 'stray' cats have taken her in. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

If not back by Monday then we'll have to call the council - apparently they keep records if they recover pet victims of RTAs:cry:
    Forum Member
    ^^ Fingers crossed :(

Really hope you find her or she finds you :(

Sounds like you've done a lot already. How old is she? And what's RTA?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Fingers crossed :(

Really hope you find her or she finds you :(

Sounds like you've done a lot already. How old is she? And what's RTA?

She's five. We've had her for two years - she came from a rescue after a very bad start in life. To begin with she never went out, but this summer she has enjoyed the garden but never wanders. Which is why we are so worried.

We've leafleted the houses to the right of us - both sides of the road - and put up posters at the school, church and bus stops. Ran out of posters so I'm having a bite to eat then going out again. Houses to the left, GP surgery & shops to go.

RTA = Road Traffic Accident:( Most councils keep a log if they have removed cats or dogs that have been fatally run over.:( I think by Monday I would rather know one way or the other so I'll call in case. Still optimistic she'll be found before then.
    Forum Member
    I am sorry to hear about Layla SM. Fingers crossed for her safe return. Cats are such a worry!

One of our cats has a habit of going missing, she gets locked in to people's outhouses. So last month I bought a Loc8tor. It is really useful - both for finding them and also for confirming where they are NOT - so you don't worry they are shut in someone's empty house.

https://loc8tor.co.uk/Store/Default.aspx?cid=0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( Poor Kitty & Layla... I hope they turn up safe and well.

Reading this forum it seems that missing cats are a common problem. I've just been thinking...

Surely with technology nowadays, you can fit them with a microchipped collar that sends a GPS signal transmitter, so if they become lost you should be able to pinpoint their whereabouts & find them quickly. Similar to what naturalists use to track the movements of wildlife that they are studying.

The technology is there, & it seems such an obvious idea I am sure it must already be available to pet owners. It would save so much worry :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suwwy21 wrote: »

I know exactly how you feel. We were devestated after our Poppy was killed by boy/girl racers, she was so lovely and we cried for days and days...even hubby who doesn't show huge emotion! The pain will ease over time xxx
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Surely with technology nowadays, you can fit them with a microchipped collar that sends a GPS signal transmitter, so if they become lost you should be able to pinpoint their whereabouts & find them quickly. Similar to what naturalists use to track the movements of wildlife that they are studying.

The technology is there, & it seems such an obvious idea I am sure it must already be available to pet owners. It would save so much worry :)

The locator device I linked to does something similar, but it requires a tag on the collar and has a limited distance-finder. I agree a microchip would be great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on Kitty & Layla today? ~ I'm so sorry they are missing & I hope you both have some good news soon.
    Forum Member
    K I T T Y H A S B E E N F O U N D ! ! ! :D:D:D

So so so happy!! Can't wait to get her!! :D:cry::D

Been at uni this morning and kept getting some unknown number ringing me.

Didn't know who it was but they left me a voicemail saying they're sure they've got Kitty as she answers to Kitty and she is ginger with white paws and a white chest!!!!!

Going to get her now!!!! Soooo happy!!!! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fantastic:D. I'm so pleased for you. Perhaps this will give hope to anyone else whose cat is missing.

Now we just need Layla & Spencer to come home:).