Patsy Palmer

Comments

• xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Theres a Patsy look a like behind the bar at the Old Vic
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Patsy is leaving EE :cry:and off to Hollywood which rather took me my surprise.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2600222/Patsy-Palmer-quit-EastEnders-prepares-embark-lifetime-opportunity-Hollywood.html

Good luck to her, I wonder what sort of roles she'll do? I can imagine her as a cockney housewife in childrens films, bit of a comedy role.
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Like all the rest she'll be back when she can't find any work.

As Executive Producer, I would kill the character off immediately so that they couldn't return.....
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's more chance of pigs flying than there is of Patsy Palmer having any kind of success in Hollywood. I won't miss her from Eastenders, she's never really been committed to the show since she returned and her annual three month long breaks so she could apparently spend time with her nearly grown up children really took the piss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I am curious how her admitted drug taking doesn't stop her going to America but Nigella's has?
    Forum Member
    Good luck to her, I wonder what sort of roles she'll do? I can imagine her as a cockney housewife in childrens films, bit of a comedy role. [ end quote]

A remake of My Fair Lady ?
    http://celebheaven.fpb.yuku.com/topic/1190/Patsy-as-Eliza-Doolittle#.U0aobqKnq0Y
    Forum Member
    I am curious how her admitted drug taking doesn't stop her going to America but Nigella's has?

Probably as it was a very, very long time ago...
    She has said that she started "experimenting" with alcohol and drugs from the age of ten and her addiction lasted for 24 years. In 2010, she stated that she had been clean of drugs and alcohol since September 2004 and that "We don't have drink in our house".
    xxtimbo wrote: »

:D
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Patsy is leaving EE :cry:and off to Hollywood which rather took me my surprise.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2600222/Patsy-Palmer-quit-EastEnders-prepares-embark-lifetime-opportunity-Hollywood.html

Good luck to her, I wonder what sort of roles she'll do? I can imagine her as a cockney housewife in childrens films, bit of a comedy role.
    I like PP but she is seriously deluded if she thinks she is going to make it in Hollywood. She is 20 years too old, too London and does mot have the right look or body of work to justify the move. If she does make it I am going to have a crack at it myself.

Although there is nowt wrong with ambition I do have to laugh at these mediocre soap stars who think that they are better than they actually are. Sid Owen had the same hopes but he is only remembered for being Rickaaay. And then they come crawling back when a tax bill needs paying. That young looking boy who was in EE who went on to marry Kym Marsh was another one who thought he was going to get snapped up for the Hollywood big time and I have not seen him in anything else. The only people I can think of who made it big in US TV series was Jane Leeves, Ashley Jensen and Jasper Carrott's daughter, and the last two only got their break because Ricky G's stock was high in LA.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I know very little about the world of acting, but it does seem like a very strange move. Patsy's body of work is quite small for someone who has been in the business for over twenty years, and even established stars find it difficult to get decent roles in America once they hit their forties. Look at the cast of Friends. Apart from Jennifer Aniston, none of them have had major success since the series ended, and yet they were part of one of America's most popular series ever.

Even in the UK, ex soap stars rarely find huge success when they leave a long running soap. Most of them seem to end up moving to other soaps, or reprising their original role after a few years trying fruitlessly to find something else or drifting into other careers. The only people who really launched their careers on foot of a soap are Anna Friel, Sarah Lancashire, Suranne Jones, Amanda Burton, Sally Lindsay, Sue Johnston and Ricky Tomlinson - and maybe Angela Griffin - and out of those Anna Friel is the only one who had some success in America.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the move is family oriented really,rather than JUST an attempt to crack Hollywood. She is too sensible to fall for that nnsense dream at her age .
    I get the impression her partner has been offered/found a job there and the kids are keen to try the lifestyle so she is giving it a go .
    I'd say she could pick up enough minor roles to earn her keep, as long as her partner is in work .
    You never know,she could surprise us all . Good luck to the family .
    Forum Member
    They did a revival of My Fair Lady ... years ago when Pats was in her late 20s, she would have been perfect for the West End role but Martine McCuchon got the role

Martine was great too for the part but she got some illness that affected her singing and an understudy virtually took over the part.

If Pats had been picked for the role of Eliza Dolittle she would have had a massive success, they might even have taken the production over to New York.... then Hollywood might really have beckoned for the gorgeous red head.

If she is now going over to live in LA she must have some part in a TV series nailed down.... sounds like she s got the gig and a contract.............. good luck to the babe .
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    I think the move is family oriented really,rather than JUST an attempt to crack Hollywood. She is too sensible to fall for that nnsense dream at her age .
    I get the impression her partner has been offered/found a job there and the kids are keen to try the lifestyle so she is giving it a go .
    I'd say she could pick up enough minor roles to earn her keep, as long as her partner is in work .
    You never know,she could surprise us all . Good luck to the family .

Who is her husband and what does he do? Thanks.
    Forum Member

Sorry to butt in but he's a cabbie IIRC, possibly soon to be 'Hollywood Cabbie':D
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is now going over to live in LA she must have some part in a TV series nailed down.... sounds like she s got the gig and a contract.............. good luck to the babe .

That's my impression too, that she's had some offer to do something that really interests her and she's going for it. I think she's lovely and very level-headed. Good luck to her.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to butt in but he's a cabbie IIRC, possibly soon to be 'Hollywood Cabbie':D

Was just gonna post that , thanks .
    Not sure how a London cabbie will fit in over there, but he might be doing some other job . Possibly limo driving ? They go in for that a lot over there so that might be lucrative and if Patsy gets minor movie parts she can advertise her hubby's services .;-)
    Forum Member
    They did a revival of My Fair Lady ... years ago when Pats was in her late 20s, she would have been perfect for the West End role but Martine McCuchon got the role

Martine was great too for the part but she got some illness that affected her singing and an understudy virtually took over the part.

If Pats had been picked for the role of Eliza Dolittle she would have had a massive success, they might even have taken the production over to New York.... then Hollywood might really have beckoned for the gorgeous red head.

I think so, that's the impression I got from the article which was probably based on a statement given by her publicist. I don't get the idea she's just getting a plane over there and planning on knocking on a few doors in the vague hope of getting an acting job.
    I didn't know she had done stage work in musicals, so there's always the Broadway option too for her over there. Like you say, good luck to the babe, hope she cracks it.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how a London cabbie will fit in over there, but he might be doing some other job . Possibly limo driving ? They go in for that a lot over there so that might be lucrative and if Patsy gets minor movie parts she can advertise her hubby's services .;-)

Ah, OK, thanks. I'm not really well up on the private lives of soap stars and so wrongly assumed that he was in showbiz too.

Also, I agree that she seems to be a bit too old now for Hollywood, but stranger things have happened and some British actors have surprised me with successes over there.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if there's much demand in hollywood for ginger 42 year old cockneys but best of luck to her! She does look young for her age, I will say that.
    Forum Member
    yeah, she should have had a stab at Hollywood
    when she was in her late 20s or ealy 30s ...

but all is not lost .... there could be a new sitcom in the works....
    A rich family in Upstate New York advertise for a maid
    Pats applies for the job, the rich New York guy is charmed by her accent and takes her on immediately
    Her long red hair , her cockney accent ... she soon becomes almost a member of the family
    His elderly father lives with them, his brother often drops by ... a bit of matchmaking goes on...

You v'e guessed it, a cockney version of Frasier..
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to bump into Patsy a lot at lunchtimes in my local Delicatessen, she always had her little'uns in tow, and was always chatty and despite the kids running amok was quite chilled.

Patsy was also at the bar of a New Years Eve party in My Hotel Brighton one year. I very drunkenly chit chatted with her. She didn't tell me to p**s off either, in fact was lovely.

Great Gal :)
    Forum Member
    When is she going to Hollywood ? seems like ages since
    she announced the move !
    Forum Member

Good luck to her, the potential job sounds rather unusual, still may go down a storm I guess, we'll have to see.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't he a real life relation of Lindsey Coulson & he's done London related documentary stuff for the likes of the old Blighty channel ?

(If it's the same guy I'm thinking of?)
    Forum Member
    Shes gone quiet lately