Options

EE, Orange, T-mobile, 3 coverage checkers down

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes it's just to move the cells slightly to try and improve coverage in certain areas or optimise the network. If you call Three they will give you details of what they are doing, it's all noted down. That's the advantage of not being on a MVNO, when I called 3 when my local cell was off they gave me all the information on what they were doing, moving cells to provide better coverage of the retail park, and the gave the name of the retail park and everything.

They will know exactly what maintenance they are doing and surprisingly the call centre staff have all the info.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Are all networks as forthcoming with this kind of info?
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Work is also planned for my area on 10/1/13 too. I wonder what they're up to?
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do this all the time, it could be just part of network optimisation. It could be a backhaul upgrade or a variety of things. If you want to know just ask them and they will probably tell you, they did with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't had HSPA+ for ages (like 3 months), just standard HSDPA for a while now so i thought they might be fixing that but still no H+, will see tomorrow. If that's not what they have dome i dunno what they're up to and i wanna know when ill get my H+ back but they keep just telling me there are no issues!