Options

Billie Piper looking very strange

2»

Comments

• Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Billie Piper. I think she's one of the country's finest actresses and find it very disappointing how little she's on TV these days. I thought she was brilliant in Penny Dreadful but I wish she would be given a role to play that wasn't related to prostitution as she's got so much range.

As for the photo, so what. Everyone has dodgy pictures of themselves but most of us are lucky enough that they aren't taken by paps and printed by tabloids with an agenda. I have always admired the way Billie dresses however the hell she wants when she's "off duty"...as others have said, makes a change from people going out with clown makeup and cheap hair extentions just to get their mug in the Daily Mail or whatever.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snikpoh wrote: »
    Agreed. She always comes across as really down to earth.:)

Apart from really liking her as an actress, the one thing that always stands out about her for me is the way she dealt with her divorce from Chris Evans, where they went to pub, drank a toast, exchanged a pound, and moved on so graciously.

And this is such a lovely interview - http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2008/sep/07/television.doctorwho where you can see so clearly the person she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    I love Billie Piper. I think she's one of the country's finest actresses and find it very disappointing how little she's on TV these days. I thought she was brilliant in Penny Dreadful but I wish she would be given a role to play that wasn't related to prostitution as she's got so much range.

As for the photo, so what. Everyone has dodgy pictures of themselves but most of us are lucky enough that they aren't taken by paps and printed by tabloids with an agenda. I have always admired the way Billie dresses however the hell she wants when she's "off duty"...as others have said, makes a change from people going out with clown makeup and cheap hair extentions just to get their mug in the Daily Mail or whatever.

^ And yet, so many people were so quick to pile in and knock her? And then some of them tried to backtrack when they were called on it.

This willingness to do someone so clever and talented down on the basis of so little is just so f*ing sad.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    ^ And yet, so many people were so quick to pile in and knock her? And then some of them tried to backtrack when they were called on it.

This willingness to do someone so clever and talented down on the basis of so little is just so f*ing sad.

BIB - Is that aimed at me Bela?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    BIB - Is that aimed at me Bela?

Yes it is. You backtracked.

I'd responded to a post of yours on another thread where you were asking for tolerance about something really personal to you and I thought, because of that, you'd be the type of person who would scorn the really horrible way the media exploits random shots of celebs.

So yes, I was surprised at your response to one unflattering pic of Billie.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Yes it is. You backtracked.

I'd responded to a post of yours on another thread where you were asking for tolerance about something really personal to you and I thought, because of that, you'd be the type of person who would scorn the really horrible way the media exploits random shots of celebs.

So yes, I was surprised at your response to one unflattering pic of Billie.

Wow. No I didn't backtrack Bela.

Perhaps my humour is a little off the wall for your tastes. All I said in my original post was "god bless the stylists and make up artists.. etc etc". Did I say she looked like an old hag or "OMG!" What a total wreak... she looks so "insert comment about her looks and style of dress"?

I then explained myself in my second post because with professionals anyone can be made into a what we view as a "stunner". I also explained in my 3rd post the definition of the meaning of "us" as I obviously had to justify that one word.

Also when I go out, even to pop to the shops, despite my weight issues I dress as best and as good as I can and take pride in how I look no matter how busy I am. And I'm never going to get papped by the press. But that is just me. I like and try to make the best of myself no matter where I go.

Maybe I should have put ALL of this into my original post but I didn't think one joke post on an internet forum which was posted when I was in a rush meant I needed to do a thesis on it.

Do you have to justify every post you do? No you do not. So don't make other people have to justify their posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    Wow. No I didn't backtrack Bela.

Perhaps my humour is a little off the wall for your tastes. All I said in my original post was "god bless the stylists and make up artists.. etc etc".

It's not off the wall at all. Really, if you gave a crap about Biilie being slagged off on the basis of a random candid on the DM. I think your response would have been very different. JMO and just the way I see things.

Anyway, let's just leave it there. :)
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought she was a bit odd looking but I think she can act, which, as she gets older, is more important, surely?
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a'ight. Pretty solid little actress, works hard. Seems to have a good life and nice family. I think she's chosen her roles well.

If they've bought a place in London, I thought they were upping sticks and off to the US lock, stock?

Anyway, three cheers for Billie, 'cos she's cool in my book.
  • Options
    Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .......and does a convincing Northern Irish accent too.

She really really doesn't. :(
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Billie was photographed when she just moving her head. I think she's quite a pretty actress.

Billie seems nice enough and doesn't crave the attention, a good actress too, though I have only seen her in Doctor Who.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Billie Piper, always thought she handled herself with real panache and dignity when herself and Chris Evans divorced. My one teeney gripe with her is the new posh accent she has developed since marrying into the Fox clan.:(
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For f*** sake, she is going to the shop or something and she is being photographed without posing.

This happens to me all the time when I'm with people and they take pics of me and I don't know so I don't pose. The pics look absolutely horrific and I get them deleted but if I'm posing and knowingly aware, I look alright. Factor in shes not posing and she's not purposely made herself up for a photograph so she won't look her best.

In her mind she could be just about to go home as she's unwell or go home and get ready to go out somewhere, make herself look good and then later on look amazing. It's normal. But people are judging her as bad looking for that as if she has decided she looks amazing and went out looking for atention, way to manipulate the situation!!

The other 2 pics are from completely different times as well. If that call girl pic is from the show then she's dolled up to play a prostitute & meant to look a certain way.
  • Options
    dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    For f*** sake, she is going to the shop or something and she is being photographed without posing.

This happens to me all the time when I'm with people and they take pics of me and I don't know so I don't pose. The pics look absolutely horrific and I get them deleted but if I'm posing and knowingly aware, I look alright. Factor in shes not posing and she's not purposely made herself up for a photograph so she won't look her best.

In her mind she could be just about to go home as she's unwell or go home and get ready to go out somewhere, make herself look good and then later on look amazing. It's normal. But people are judging her as bad looking for that as if she has decided she looks amazing and went out looking for atention, way to manipulate the situation!!

The other 2 pics are from completely different times as well. If that call girl pic is from the show then she's dolled up to play a prostitute & meant to look a certain way.

She could do with lessons off Imogen Thomas.

I saw pictures of Imogen at an off the cuff picnic she had in a local park and she looked fabulous in every shot.

Well done Imogen say I.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dumpty2 wrote: »
    She could do with lessons off Imogen Thomas.

I saw pictures of Imogen at an off the cuff picnic she had in a local park and she looked fabulous in every shot.

Well done Imogen say I.

It was likely not off the cuff and the the cameras were invited.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    she reminds me of the one of the riddlers or a duck that was granted a wish and asked to become a human

I shouldnt laugh but: :D:D
    On a serious note, she was probably just popping out or something so didnt expect to photographed. None of us look amazing all the time. At that moment she pulled an odd face, so what? :)
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I shouldnt laugh but: :D:D
    On a serious note, she was probably just popping out or something so didnt expect to photographed. None of us look amazing all the time. At that moment she pulled an odd face, so what? :)
    I think she has her tongue in her cheek actually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    maybe she has * something deep inside *

( her old song which i have the cd of ) :D
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's really pretty and striking
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I actually really like her. She seems very normal and nice (unlike a lot of people on here).
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    She was probably eating.

My mum is deeply scathing of those who "eat in the street". :D maybe this is why?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    She was probably eating.

My mum is deeply scathing of those who "eat in the street". :D maybe this is why?

OMG, my mum is too - it's common apparently :D
  • Options
    SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I liked her in Doctor Who but she does always remind me of Bingo from The Banana Splits.
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,011
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's because she wants to, because she wants to.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born lippy wrote: »
    I think she's really pretty and striking

Well they do say beauty is subjective. She has an interesting persona.