Amanda Bynes off the rails again ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    She's threatened to retire a few times. She hasn't been very busy as far as I know for the past few years in terms of films roles. I saw her in Sidney White, She's The Man and Hairspray last.

She did quit. Her last film was Easy A which was filmed in 2009.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Have you as you have no idea any of that happened?!

She has two other sisters who if the parents where such monsters then you would of thought they would of forced them into hollywood as well.

Children don't drive themselves to auditions, do they? Children don't seek out acting agents either, generally.

Media training before press events is standard and the press are also told what they can and can't ask about.

All contracts for TV and movie projects include the press tours they are expected to undertake for up to 2 months after the release/first airing of a show and the last release. This is standard as not all movies are released in the same territories at the same time. Violation of contractual terms can lead to being fined at the least, sued at the most.

So, yes, all of this happens all the time. It's standard practice.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated the gleeful way that the press writes about her. She is clearly very, very, ill, what do they want, other than to mock her. She is badly broken, she has nobody looking out from her, if her parents are not there, who does she have in her live that actually cares about her, rather than being paid to be there. She is one of a long list of damaged, broken, child stars. Hollywood never learns.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Very sad to read about this, all looks very similar to Britney Spears when she had her meltdown. I think she probably needs similar handling too, sad but true when you have to say a grown adult could do with a permanent babysitter. Her parents look so frail, makes me wonder if they may have their own issues. I hope she gets sorted and the help she needs, poor girl seems a bit lost right now:(
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What judge decided that the conservatorship should end so soon? I know her parents didn't seek to extend it, but I would assume a judge has the power to extend it? You look at Britney Spears, who is still under her father's conservatorship, and that seems to be the best thing that happened to her and helped her get her life back in order.

Amanda is clearly very ill, and doesn't seem to have anyone looking out for her, and that worries me and saddens me.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs some kind of placement
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's CCTV footage of her acting strange in a clothes shop that's just come out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/amanda-bynes-caught-camera-acting-strange-nyc-shop-video-article-1.1969504

And she's just accused her dad of verbal, physical and possibly sexual abuse on Twitter.

What can be done? It's a very worrying situation.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Poor girl. I hope she gets well and gets some help.

The amusement this seems to cause the media disgusts me.

Reminds me of when I was really little and there was a clearly unwell woman in the town centre and everyone was making fun of her and a couple of people taking pictures (way before camera phones!). My Mum and Dad told my sister to take me back to the car, whilst they gently talked to her, got hold of her and took her to the police station just round the corner. They still get a Christmas card from her and he husband every year!
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder who leaked the CCTV footage to the press? Surely there should be rules against it?

Just when I think the press can't get any lower, they astound me yet again. And yet, at the end of each article (in which they profit from Amanda's mental illness, ridicule her and generally act like vile human beings) they have the audacity to say how much they hope she gets the help she needs and they wish her well. What a load of absolute shit. If any of these pathetic news sites 'wished her well' then quite frankly they'd stop harassing her in the street in an attempt to get footage of her behaving 'like a crazy person' and instead would leave her the hell alone so she can hopefully get the help she needs to recover.

I hope the rumours are true in terms of her parents allegedly being on their way to NYC in an attempt to intervene and have her hospitalised again. But, to be honest, it's too little too late. I find it disgusting that they have allowed their mentally ill daughter to roam around the streets on her own, when they know fine well she's mentally unwell to the extent that she isn't able to look after herself. How can any decent parent sleep at night when, by their own admission, they had no idea where she was for 3 months, and only found out when the scummy press told them she'd been arrested again. I wish there was another family member who genuinely cared about her and could take legal control of her affairs. I don't think either of her parents are up to the mark, and they should be bloody ashamed of themselves.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Have people seen her Twitter? She is accusing her Dad of sexually abusing her as a child. :(
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have people seen her Twitter? She is accusing her Dad of sexually abusing her as a child. :(

Check her latest tweet out. Really worried for her.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member

Just wow.

Don't understand why no one is intervening and getting her the help she needs, it is terrible to watch :(
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    And the people goading her on Twitter are just awful.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean this one?
    amanda bynes @amandabynes · 9m 9 minutes ago
    My dad never did any of those things The microchip in my brain made me say those things but he's the one that ordered them to microchip me

This is really worrying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wow.

Don't understand why no one is intervening and getting her the help she needs, it is terrible to watch :(

It seems she's stuck in limbo with regards to what the authorities can do. She's apparently not mentally ill enough to be hospitalised against her will (which I completely disagree with) but not mentally well enough to be able to take care of herself and function normally. So she's stuck wandering around on her own while the vile press make money from her. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think it's far too hard to get someone sectioned in the U.S. It's very clear that she's unable to take care of herself, and therefore poses a risk to herself. Yet apparently no-one is able to get her hospitalised. It seems that everyone is just going to sit back and wait until she does something drastic (like she did last time by starting a fire in a neighbours drive) until they intervene. I just hope whatever she does isn't going to be something far more serious, and that she won't end up dead or seriously injured before someone steps in and helps her :(
  • toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just been reading her twitter very very sad poor girl hope she gets the help she needs
    :(
  • QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is having a full on melt down on Twitter.
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acting like a schizophrenic
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    She said her dad abused her but then said she has been microchipped . Surely the people around her have to start forcing her to take her meds ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    She said her dad abused her but then said she has been microchipped . Surely the people around her have to start forcing her to take her meds ?

She was on meds, but as of 3 months ago, she's no longer under her parents control, and it would appear she's stopped taking them.

Her parents seem completely in denial about her illness, and quite frankly should be ashamed of themselves for the way they've dealt with t heir daughter's mental health.
  • Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been taken to a psych hospital and is being held on an involuntary 5150. There's a video of her arriving at LAX on TMZ and she is quite obviously unwell and needs help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that her parents have finally (after months of ignoring the problem, and repeatedly denying that Amanda is mentally ill) stepped up as soon as she started making them look bad by making certain claims about her Dad on Twitter. Now all of a sudden, her parents are prepared to accept she's mentally ill, and want her hospitalised? Where have the been for the past three bloody months. It seems like they're only bothered about their own image.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    It breaks my heart to see Amanda wandering around on her own whilst vile human beings take pictures of her so they can sell them on and profit from her mental illness.

I understand she's no longer legally under her parents care and can, in terms of the law, do what she wants. But her Dad saying that they have had no contact with her in months and didn't even know where she was really bothered me. Especially when someone asked how him and Amanda's mother were doing and he said ''Well, we haven't heard anything. So we're fine.'' How the hell can any parent be 'fine' when they aren't in contact with their mentally ill daughter and she's just left wandering around by herself? I get that she's an adult and they can't force her to stay with them, but surely any parent would have tracked her down and at least be keeping a close eye on her even if she wants nothing to do with them?

They both seem to be in complete denial about Amanda's severe mental health issues. Maybe because they're embarrassed and want to pretend that their daughter is 'normal' or maybe because they're both ignorant with regards to mental illness. But either way, it's only serving to make things worse for their daughter. I don't believe in just shoving medication down people's throats, but I really think Amanda's condition can only be treated with meds and therapy.

How bad does she have to get (again!) before she gets placed in hospital (even if it's against her will?) It's very clear that she isn't well enough to take care of herself, and therefore poses a significant risk to herself. But that doesn't seem to be enough for medical professionals to intervene. Are they just going to sit back and wait until she kills herself (either intentionally or accidentally)? Because it really looks as though it's heading that way.

The way the press is reacting is absolutely disgusting. They seem genuinely thrilled that her mental health has deteriorated again, and are falling over themselves to get the latest 'hilarious' pictures/stories of Amanda acting erratically. It says a lot about how we, as a society, treat those with mental health issues. I despair, I really do.

Basically all of this.

I hope that someone intervenes and gets her the help that she so desperately needs.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the videos taken just yesterday of paps hounding her at the airport. Monsters! If I was there I would have tackled one of them.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Just saw the videos taken just yesterday of paps hounding her at the airport. Monsters! If I was there I would have tackled one of them.

It's not acceptable but they are doing a job and get paid for this stuff hence the behaviour . It is not just Amanda who gets treated like this .