Am i the only one..........

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    :eek:

That's EXACTLY what I'm worried they will do with him. Turn him into insipid mainstream crap.

Theres no doubt that he will be made somewhat mainstream with his singles. But theres still scope for crawl through the fire type songs on the rest of the album.

I would hardly call cooks album to be really commercial, singles yes, but not the whole album. He wrote most of it himself which is great that they allowed him that freedom. Why wouldnt they do the same for adam?- as long as adam has the required commercial singles to promote the album.
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, let me say this straight away. I think Adam is amazing; I love the fact that an artist with his skill set has made the Top 12; I adore the versatility of his song interpretation; I support him sticking with his look and style, both of which suit him perfectly, and I believe he WILL have an amazing career - in some area of the performing arts , and hopefully become a huge star!
    BUT
    I agree with Claire2281.

I don't want a diluted, sanitized, Barbie & Ken version of Adam.. and I do fear that 19E may have that impact..
  • Options
    Early DoorsEarly Doors Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally with utoia.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching last night's performance I think I understand why I can't jump completely on his bandwagon and I why I enjoy some of his performances much more than others.

It's his voice.

Notably, how he uses it.

I REALLY don't like it when he goes above certain notes. I love a voice with warmth and depth. Adam has that in bundles in his lower register and even a lot of his upper register. But after a certain point he just loses me.

Last night's performance; started off loving it, ended up a little disappointed. Because he drifted into that range where all the warmth seems to seep out of his vocals and it just becomes 'look how high I can sing'. It doesn't matter that he can reach those notes and sing them well, I think it hurts the emotion, no matter how well he performs it.

One of my favourite voices to hear live is Micheal Buble. The guy is a total entertainer with so much 'it' factor on stage but that voice....damn.... It's like being wrapped in a warm blanket and snuggled. He can sing heartfelt emotion and fun both so beautifully. There's just an incredible richness to his vocals.

Adam can have that but loses it when he goes to high.

I wish he'd have sung last night's song down an octave. He doesn't need to sing that high to impress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT - wrong thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh I disagree - I loved that performance last night. I was gripped right the way through. I think if he sang it an octave lower he'd lose his uniqueness somehow. I believed every word he sang.
  • Options
    Mr DoodlesMr Doodles Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see us having an enormous row on final day! :(;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EJ1 wrote: »
    Ooh I disagree - I loved that performance last night. I was gripped right the way through. I think if he sang it an octave lower he'd lose his uniqueness somehow. I believed every word he sang.

That's exactly how I feel .. I love how he changes up songs by throwing in his "Adamisms" and I love the slight cracking he has in his voice when he's singing a ballad.

I thought last night's performance was hauntingly beautiful.

I think the comments in this thread just highlight that likeing a particular voice is down to personal taste .. as whilst I'll agree that Michael Buble can sing, his style and tone leave me cold .. I just don't like that sound and he does nothing at all for me. That's how I feel about Matt (because to me he sounds very much like Buble) ... he can definitely sing but it's just not my thing. Although I thought he sang very well last night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EJ1 wrote: »

I agree. The part of his register in which it was sung allowed him to give his voice the fragility that the lyrics require. An octave lower wouldn't have had the same effect.
    Mr Doodles wrote: »

I can't. I'm not even convinced Adam will get to the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    That's exactly how I feel .. I love how he changes up songs by throwing in his "Adamisms" and I love the slight cracking he has in his voice when he's singing a ballad.

I thought last night's performance was hauntingly beautiful.

I think the comments in this thread just highlight that likeing a particular voice is down to personal taste .. as whilst I'll agree that Michael Buble can sing, his style and tone leave me cold .. I just don't like that sound and he does nothing at all for me. That's how I feel about Matt (because to me he sounds very much like Buble) ... he can definitely sing but it's just not my thing. Although I thought he sang very well last night.

I don't like the voices of most artists in that style. Michael Buble, Harry Connick Jr, Jamie Cullum to name a few. It's personal taste. I don't like the slight flat tone that albeit suits the genre. That is the problem I had and have with Leon Jackson.
  • Options
    Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Doodles wrote: »

What when your boy doesn't win :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    ............Who doesn't get adam lambert? :confused:

He's a great performer and singer, but I still don't like him. He's like Alex Burke for me.
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get him and he has a great voice but I really don't like him. He comes across as cocky and screams his way through most songs (not all granted) and I just don't like him. i think he will win though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    ............Who doesn't get adam lambert? :confused:

Not necessarily. I think she's great.