Soap actors sacked for "misdemeanours"

sas6789sas6789 Posts: 582
Forum Member
✭✭
I know the following actors have been sacked for wrong doing:

Peter Adamson: sacked from Corrie for breach of contract
Sean Wilson: sacked from Corrie for refusing to do a storyline
Bruce Jones Sacked from Corrie for sdomething wasn't
Leslie Grantham: sacked from EE for badmouthing co stars wasn't he?
Danniella Westbrook: sacked from for Cocaine use
Melissa Suffield: Sacked from EE for "unruly behaviour"

Are there any others? and have any actors ever done something wrong without being sacked?

Comments

• Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane Connor who played Joe Scully in Neighbours was sacked by Grundy Television after he developed an amphetamine problem, clashed with cast members and disrupted filming. However, he sued Grundy and won.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I add an early character Sandy Ratcliffe who played Sue Osman to the list for EE. Unfortunately the Sandy had some involvment with drugs. She is someone to this day that I still miss in EE.
    I always hoped maybe she would come back but sadly not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Scully - Neighbours. Apparently always late and didn't get along with fellow cast members.

In Home & Away, Martha and Geoff both had scandals in the press. Martha for taking cocaine and Geoff's sex tape. They both announced they were leaving soon after. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not.

Scott Windsor - Emmerdale - Alleged rape.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »

Always strikes me as unfair as he was subsequently found Not Guilty.

Sticking with Emmerdale - Luke Tittensor (Daz Eden) was sacked after being found guilty of assault.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    It always saddens me to think what happened to Peter Adamson in the end. He died penniless and alone and shamed regardless of being cleared of sexual assault allegations. Although we will never know what really happened.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    Jodi Gordon is the main one that comes to mind. One of Australia's biggest TV stars goes missing for three days and is then found coked off her head hallucinating about guys with guns! She was never going to last after that!

Sticking with H&A, one of the original cast, Neville McPhee, not sure of the actor's name, spoke out against the show after he was written out. His on screen wife back has been back on numerous occasions since but they killed him off off screen obviously as revenge!
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Ken Morley sacked, the guy who played Reg Holdsworth?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devon Anderon, David Judge and Hollie-Jay Bowes were all sacked from Hollyoaks, as was Bruce Jones from Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elaine Lordan (Lynne Slater/Hobbs) was sacked from EE having developed an alcohol problem and fallen out with the bosses.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »

Was eventually cleared of the charge,but the unsavoury aspects of the case effectively finished his TV career.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel1970 wrote: »
    It always saddens me to think what happened to Peter Adamson in the end. He died penniless and alone and shamed regardless of being cleared of sexual assault allegations. Although we will never know what really happened.

He was accused of sneakily groping two girls while giving them swimming lessons.A bit surprised it ended up in court....I imagine it would be nearly impossible to prove what had happened,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devon Anderson (which I think was unfair) and bad luck. He only just got his role as Billy back and his ex producer ho had previously sacked him obviously still held a grudge. I think it was a petty thing for Bryan Kirkwood to do.
  • Good_boysGood_boys Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynne Perry (Ivy Brennan) was sacked from Coronation Street for having cosmetic surgery without notifying the producers.
  • elephantmanelephantman Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Devon Anderson (which I think was unfair) and bad luck. He only just got his role as Billy back and his ex producer ho had previously sacked him obviously still held a grudge. I think it was a petty thing for Bryan Kirkwood to do.

don't be so ridiculous - you have no idea of the circumstances behind Devon leaving EE :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't be so ridiculous - you have no idea of the circumstances behind Devon leaving EE :rolleyes:

It;s pretty obvious he sacked him when he was at hollyoaks and then sacked him at ee as soon as he became producer.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandy Ratcliffe who played Sue Osman to the list for EE. Unfortunately the Sandy had some involvment with drugs. She is someone to this day that I still miss in EE.
    I always hoped maybe she would come back but sadly not.

I loved Sue Osman. Brilliant character. Sandy Ratcliffe got into a very sad situation (as did Elaine Lordan, more recently).

sas6789 wrote: »
    Peter Adamson: sacked from Corrie for breach of contract

Peter Adamson's accusation of kiddyfiddling polished off his career, which is very sad.

It does seem that Devon Anderson lucked out. He was sacked from Hollyoaks for bad timekeeping (the worst sin imaginable in a soap actor), and got his old job back in EE. The the HO producer took over at EE! It could be that Devon was only on a short-term contract and they always planned to kill him off ... ? Am I wrong in this? Did he get booted out by his old boss?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Michaela from Hollyoaks get sacked because she revealed on twitter that she was leaving and how it happened?
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bad luck for Devon here I think. It does appear to be a grudge on Kirkwood's part. Shame, but his exit storyline was done VERY well.
  • elephantmanelephantman Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    It;s pretty obvious he sacked him when he was at hollyoaks and then sacked him at ee as soon as he became producer.

unless you know everything that goes on in the EE set then you can't say anything for sure

Devon was apparantly sacked from HO for bad time-keeping so it may have been the same for EE, although I read he was only ever contracted for six or so months. he probably just decided not to stay on
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sas6789 wrote: »
    ............Leslie Grantham: sacked from EE for badmouthing co stars wasn't he?

No, it was for naughties on a webcam. The astonishing thing was back in the 80s.

An actor was sacked when it was revealed that he'd had a conviction for theft. At the same time, it came out that grantham had been in prison for murder.....yet he stayed on.
  • shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An ex-EE (most recently on SCD) was apparently written out of EE because they couldn't keep upcoming storylines a secret!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadySponge wrote: »
    Didn't Michaela from Hollyoaks get sacked because she revealed on twitter that she was leaving and how it happened?

Sort of.

She had a series of rows with the producer over the storyline with Michaela and Zak, and after one of them she decided to leave but didn't tell the producer, just told the whole of twitter. Her exit was then re-written to make her leave quicker, which is why Nancy very suddenly became a journalist. Her revealing about storylines came after she left, she wrote about Kevin's exit.

Not at all. It was only ever a short term contract on EE.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street has a tradition of 'killing off' the characters of actors who annoy the producers in some way.

Peter Adamson's character, Len Fairclough, was killed off in the car crash soon after. Len was also demonised when it was revealed that he had been having an affair, cheating on Rita.

Ivy Brennan was killed off just over a year after Lynne Perrie had been sacked.

Stephen Hancock wasn't sacked as Ernest Bishop, but he quit after a row about equality of pay. Ernest was killed off in what was the show's most shocking and violent deaths up to that point.

Although it was never reported as such, this happened quite recently when John Savident quit as Fred Elliot. John had spoken out against the way that Corrie was produced (particularly with how over-worked everyone was) and as promptly silenced when Fred was killed off.
  • emma dailyemma daily Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    No, it was for naughties on a webcam. The astonishing thing was back in the 80s.

An actor was sacked when it was revealed that he'd had a conviction for theft. At the same time, it came out that grantham had been in prison for murder.....yet he stayed on.

murder fitted the den character however theft did not fit arthurs...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emma daily wrote: »
    murder fitted the den character however theft did not fit arthurs...

What a stupid statement.