Options

PS Plus

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted I had to buy a new years plus just there. Loved the days of ps3 and free online.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Oh, well. One year & 2 weeks after my PS+ subscription expired, my access to online gaming has finally expired! Got a good run at it for free though so can't complain.

One of my friends is looking for a PS4 and offered to buy mine for £200 a while back but I declined. I'm think of seeing if he's still interested, get my Christmas Xbox One S early and give my wife the £200 to put towards a PS4 Pro for Christmas instead. Hmmm... Decisions decisions. 🤔
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When mine expired at weekend it instantly locked my plus games and cut my online.
    Do u think maybe ur online access has maybe came from how you've been buying games? And those accounts are maybe loaded with plus too or one of them at least?
    Got to say I grudged buying plus again. Pity it wasn't like the ps3 days. However I miss online too much so had to buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    When mine expired at weekend it instantly locked my plus games and cut my online.
    Do u think maybe ur online access has maybe came from how you've been buying games? And those accounts are maybe loaded with plus too or one of them at least?
    Got to say I grudged buying plus again. Pity it wasn't like the ps3 days. However I miss online too much so had to buy it.

Didn't even think of that. That's probably how it's lasted so long. The only game I play online is Battlefield so I'll buy PS+ again for that but it'll end up being Christmas now as if want to play that on PS4 Pro. I just grudge paying for Plus now as only have a PS4, not a Vita or PS3 for the free games & the quality of games offered aren't that great and there's not been much of an improvement on the network even though we need to pay for it now
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Oh I nearly forgot my prediction for October.

It's going to be Tomb Raider AND Watchdogs. A bumper month !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll be a lego game plus an indie. The last of us for ps3.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh I nearly forgot my prediction for October.

It's going to be Tomb Raider AND Watchdogs. A bumper month !!

Good shout, could be positive marketing with both having sequels coming soon. Gravity Rush Remastered work work here too.

Perhaps something with a VR update on the way? Hyper Void or Volume would be good candidates.

I'll put my money on new release, Shu.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knack & Killzone.

(one day it'll happen...)
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason i'm thinking the crew could show up as a ps+ game next month along with a indie game.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    For some reason i'm thinking the crew could show up as a ps+ game next month along with a indie game.
    The crew was recently made available for free on PC as part of there UBI 30 free game a month offer.
    https://club.ubisoft.com/en-GB/ubi30
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The crew was recently made available for free on PC as part of there UBI 30 free game a month offer.
    https://club.ubisoft.com/en-GB/ubi30

And it was on free on the Xbox the other month
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Resident Evil, PS4
    Transformers: Devastation, PS4
    Mad Riders, PS3
    From Dust, PS3
    Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~, PS Vita
    Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

Not bad.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resident Evil, PS4
    Mad Riders, PS3
    From Dust, PS3
    Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

Wasn't expecting that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resident Evil, PS4
    Mad Riders, PS3
    From Dust, PS3
    Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

Not bad.

Already got Transformers, but Resident Evil will be nice to revisit after all these years.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent month. I have resi and had a great time replaying it. I am not a huge platinum fan but will give Transformers a go.
    Pleased to see From Dust. Loved the art style etc and have always been curious.
    Another two visual novels for the Vita. Actual Sunlight is meant to be interesting though.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Not bad, not bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Resi is a good game for this month coming up to Hallowe'en. Always look for a scary game to play around then.

Depending on what November's games are, I may renew at the end of October to get Resi before the change over & get November's games too for getting the Pro for Christmas
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd have been happier with Resident Evil Zero as I already have RE & have always felt that RE0 is somewhat under-rated by many.

I played through several hours on the Gamecube until my memory card decided to erase my data (Ah the joy of cheap memory cards :() & I never got back to it. Been meaning to grab the PS4 version but not got round to it yet.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pisses all over GWG for once it has to be said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony keep sending me emails to renew my plus even though I have and it's all working ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony have said they are "looking into" offering PlayStation VR games on PS Plus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How long before we see VR games with PS+? It is an extra format along side PS4, PS3 & Vita. Maybe see a PS3 or Vita game dropped eventually and replaced with a VR one? It'll be incentive enough for some people to buy PSVR if they've got a library of games already.
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    How long before we see VR games with PS+? It is an extra format along side PS4, PS3 & Vita. Maybe see a PS3 or Vita game dropped eventually and replaced with a VR one? It'll be incentive enough for some people to buy PSVR if they've got a library of games already.

I can definitely see one of the older systems getting dropped and VR games would be the obvious replacement. They'll need to seriously improve the standard of the games before they'll entice me though. Just look at the Vita, it had so much promise, games like UC:Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and KZ:Mercenaries showed that it was capable of matching a full console experience yet it was still abandoned by Sony (and gamers). PS VR still has a lot to prove.
  • Options
    chubstachubsta Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Any rumours for next month, didn't bother with either of the ps4 games this month so am hoping for something i will like!
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chubsta wrote: »
    Any rumours for next month, didn't bother with either of the ps4 games this month so am hoping for something i will like!

Both Gold and PS+ update on the same day next month, which doesn't happen often. The Gold games have been announced but not PS+ yet, probably towards the end of this week.